main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Get In Line - A Social Countdown to The Mandalorian and Grogu

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by A Chorus of Disapproval , Jun 11, 2014.

1. emanswfan

emanswfan Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 2, 2016
    Cool to now know this film is shot by the Han Solo film's cinematographer.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  2. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    That film looks pretty interesting!

3. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
  4. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    I think Mara Jade would be a better option as Rey's mother.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  6. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Is it just me or does 'Cindel' sound like a stripper name?

Mostly Handless and Nanaki like this.
  7. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    Actually, it sounds like the name of a Mortal Kombat character.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

8. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002

Slightly bigger...um personality...

[​IMG]

Mostly Handless and Nanaki like this.
  9. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    How often do you get to see a nice big rainbow like this... And it also rained for the first time in weeks, here in Petaling Jaya!
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mostly Handless likes this.
  10. A Corpse of Disapproval

A Corpse of Disapproval Severed Head Admin star 3 Staff Member Manager

Sep 16, 2015
    I achieved a new low in parenting last night. We are currently on holiday on Cape Cod with some friends and I decided to take our daughter to see Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. She is almost 8. It was going marvelously until a small scene where the villains ate children's eyes... and then more... and then it warped into a montage... and then slowed down for an elaborate shot of fine dining on children's eyes...

Bedtime was a freakin blast last night.

11. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
  12. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I took my kids to that too. It was my son's (age 9, almost 10) idea to go, so I thought he'd be OK with it since he was familiar enough to want to see it. But it was potentially scarier than I had thought it would be. My daughter is 6 (almost 7), and as it was playing I started thinking it would be freaking her out. Scenes like that and the monsters, etc. But I asked her every now and then while we were watching, and she was fine. They both liked it.

13. A Corpse of Disapproval

Sep 16, 2015
    Turned out her reaction was 99% exhaustion. Film started at 8 after 3 days of nonstop activity. This morning, her favorite bit of the film was the children's eyes being eaten. And the twins. I was stunned when she initially didn't seem to handle it. Her favorite film is Bride of Frankenstein and her favorite series is Monster High.

Mostly Handless and EHT like this.
  14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Ever been to the Cape Cinema? It's a great historical theatre that's also got a museum and art gallery by it. If you're still around on the 21st they're showing the original Evil Dead, and then a week later they'll have a screening of the original Universal Frankenstein, scored by a live band.

Just a great little part of Cape history overall. They have cool events all the time, so def check it out. You too EHT.

15. A Corpse of Disapproval

Sep 16, 2015
    I have. Sadly we are off the Cape before Frankenstein is shown. That would be brilliant. We are getting a consolation prize, though: the cinema made famous by a crowd running from it for their lives as The Blob oozes out behind them is just outside Philly and they are screening the classic Most Dangerous Game just before Halloween.

16. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    I think that may be where I saw Jaws, in the summer of 2015. Do they have a bar to the right that sells beer, and a wall with a mural of actor paintings facing you when you come in? I can't recall what town we were in then.

17. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    No, that's the Orpheum, which is in Chatham and is also a really cool theatre (Chatham loves playing up the shark theme in the summer). Cape Cinema is in Dennis (right near Chatham), and caters more to indie films. It also has live broadcasts of theatre and opera shows on occasion.

EHT likes this.
  18. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Yup, that was it! And it was Chatham.

19. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah it's got a really interesting history. This year is it's centennial. It's only been restored as a movie theatre in the past few years, hence why that mural has a bunch of characters from very recent movies. For a long time it was just kinda there as a historical landmark, but now it's one of Chatham's most popular attractions.

Listen to me, I feel like I'm a spokesman for the Chatham Chamber of Commerce. :p

EHT likes this.
  20. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Todd the Cape Cod Tour Guide :p

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Went to the Orpheum last night, speaking of which.

22. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    Looks like we're getting an Old Man Logan adaptation. Looks great!

23. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Thats what I was coming to post too. :p

Not quite old man logan, but that would honestly take too much to pull off as a real adaptation. Don't think Marvel would be too keen on "loaning" Fox the characters they'd need to really pull it off only to have them killed.

Still, looks like they're going to take the spirit of it. Everyone looks great.

Edit: The other big news of the day is the Nintendo switch

Good idea, but I don't know about the actual play-ability.

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  24. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    I love nintendo, but they are fantastic at making gaming solutions to problems that don't exist.

"Sir, our console sales are way behind everyone else..."
    "It's obviously because you cant slap handles on the console and carry it around like a Gameboy"

25. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Geekvolution is hosting a mock election. This video is to nominate any and all Star Wars characters for president. Put in the comment section of the video any Star Wars character you want or...Do what i hope you do, and thumbs up anyone's comment who nominated Sheev Palpatine for president

Mostly Handless likes this.