main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit 2017 Novels (announced)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Skywalker2B, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    I've been fairly inactive on the whole SW front for several months...however, I did listen to the audio of Catalyst (I liked it). I haven't seen anything, though, about what novels are coming in 2017 (other than Thrawn and Empire's End). Have there been any announcements? Or are they waiting until Celebration to announce any more new books?

2. General_Leia_Organa

General_Leia_Organa Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 23, 2016
    So far just Empires end and Thrawn for adult books. We're also getting a YA novel about jyn (I presume during those solo years after the age of 15) and a middle grade book about Baze and Chirrut.

I imagine we might get another adult novel for the fall months, maybe something a little more Luke friendly in the lead up to episode VIII. Who knows....Del Rey isn't spilling right now though.

3. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015
    Empire's End can't come here fast enough.

4. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Pretty likely there will be another tie-in novel to the new Battlefront, especially considering it's rumored to have an actual storyline to it.

5. Skywalker2B

Dec 8, 2000
    Ok, so speculation aside, nothing officially announced for adults besides EE and Thrawn. Got it. Thank you.

6. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    It's strange how restrained they are being in terms of announcing future books, can't work it out - makes no sense to me.

Hopefully writen by Freed.

7. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    We're probably going to start sliding back into the Mystery Box for a bit once we get past Rogue One. Episode VIII is going to have a huge marketing blitz behind it right around the time there's a dead spot in the schedule, so I wouldn't be shocked to see a couple of tie-in books announced around Celebration in April.

DarkEagle likes this.
  8. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000

There could be a book in the works that deals with something related to Rogue One and it's description might be a bit too spoiler-y to announce before the movie comes out. I mean, Saw Gerrara: The Man, the Legend could be getting edited as we speak. Look at how fast Ahsoka was announced after the Rebels season 2 finale.

9. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    .Yeah, there's that but you can get around that with a Blue Harvest or Marvel-style Classified listing.

I'm not asking for full blurb months and months in advance, just a title and author with ETA - that's enough to hook interest by itself.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  10. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    I'm sure we'll have some information about at least the first post-Thrawn book before Celebration rolls around. Celebration is in April, that book would likely have a July release. That's only a three month lead-up. Novels typically get announced, what, seven or eight months ahead of time? Del Rey should be announcing something pretty soon if they follow the pattern of previous novels.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  11. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    Please bloody hell no. The whole of TFA was one big mystery box since we didn't know ANY of the backstory since Bloodline. There's a lot of 'what's the Trade Federation, what are the Sith' around the Prequels but there's no way is it bad as TFA's 'shroud of mystery'. I'm hoping its different this time around since it isn't JJ at the wheel anymore, thankfully.

Plus its bad for people like me who don't really like the nu-canon but want to observe it from a historical perspective.

12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    New... Battlefront?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Too soon?

God I hope EA learnt from their mistakes but experience tells me they won't and they will then have to come out with some more half ***ed excuses that make no sense.

And of course there won't be Prequel content because of Disney's OT focus...... and somehow the ST still won't get much focus.

mes520 and Shamear like this.
  14. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    We may get a couple filler novel, similar to the lead up to TFA, before the EP8 onslaught.

What do we have again so far?

Aftermath 3 and Thrawn only?

I wouldn't be surprised to see another Bloodlines-esque story as well, as they keep filling in the time period between the end of the OT and TFA.

More Claudia Grey! A Lost Stars sequel would be awesome.

And I am anticipating the return of Mara Jade. Another Zahn novel, perhaps?

A hugely popular character that I would guess they'd want to capitalize on.

She may even pop up in Thrawn (I know I'm hardly the first to speculate on that).

I could also see another Luceno novel lading into EP8...or fleshing out some other character or era. Qui-Gon or Palps novel, perhaps?

Skywalker2B and Jedi Ben like this.
  15. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015

Oh god yes, a lost stars sequel. But seriously, I feel like that has to happen sooner or later. Ciena & Thane ain't wrapped up.

MandaloreRex2015 and Stymi like this.
  16. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    For myself, I don't care about the game but, if it means, I get another Battlefront: Twilight Company book written by Freed, oh hell yes.

17. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    I want freed to write a conclusion to the aborted Uprising storyline.

18. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    Silly, nobody wants Clone Wars, just like nobody wanted Campaign for the first one. Didn't you know that?

19. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006

I wouldn't mind a canon guide to the Clone Wars with full timeline and all. The Galactic Atlas contradicted itself twice so it isn't useful when looking at Clone Wars dates.

I messaged Pablo Hidalgo on Twitter about when the series began and he said: four months after AOTC.

20. SheaHublin

SheaHublin Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 15, 2008
    It's been here for over 20 years...

21. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    [​IMG]

22. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    What are these contradictions? And it seems that Galactic Atlas, from what I've seen from Pablo, wasn't really made in conjunction with the Story Group, they only had a few says in it.

23. DarkMark

DarkMark Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 6, 2002
    I imagine there'll be something related to Episode VIII, but probably not set in the sequel era itself. Maybe a book about Luke set in the years immediately after RotJ, so we get a hint of what he started to do, but nothing too revealing.

The problem with the ST era is that the big, meaty stories - Ben's fall, Rey's parents and what happened to them, Snoke's origins - are mysteries they want to reveal in the films, so they can't explore those until after the trilogy is finished. So for the last two years they've mainly been focusing on tying the PT/TCW era to the Rogue One/OT era - Catalyst, Ahsoka, Lords of the Sith, Tarkin, A New Dawn, Rebels. Once the ST is finished, I'm sure they'll start filling in the post-Jedi era.

Endor_boy likes this.
  24. Skywalker2B

Dec 8, 2000
    ^^^^ DarkMark, I believe you are correct there...unfortunately. However, according to an interview with Pablo earlier this year, he said that they have pretty much already planned how, when, and in which mediums, they will "flesh out" the years between the OT and ST.

25. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    i want some serious Luke and big three novels. We have lots of time to fill. I don't see how post rebellion, pre Kylo Ren novels would be spoilery

ChildOfWinds and Amon_Amarth like this.