main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC The Lotus of Many Flavors: Try the Dragon's Brew! ~BBH Thread of OOCness~

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Darth_Elu, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    [​IMG]

Welcome! Welcome! Have a seat, take a drink, grab a bite, and relax! Here we can discuss all things Bound By Honor.

Will assign a Special Discussion topic every so often to reflect something that happened In Game in between our general chatter, so look forward to that.

Now here are the reposted rules for easy access, with an additional one added. One that is fairly important, so take note.

Rules

1) The TOS is All-Powerful as always
    2) Quality posts please. Paragraph or longer.
    3) Respect the GM otherwise you tread on dangerous ground.
    4) Absolutely no God-Moding, it will absolutely NOT be tolerated!
    5) As previously stated, feel free to ask questions at any time. Either in PM or in the OOC thread.
    6) Respect each other.
    7) IMPORTANT NOTE: I reserve the right to kill anyone at any time, though I will endeavor to PM you a forewarning before it occurs lest it is done as a punishment.
    8) Have fun or Die!
    9) For those players who must take a leave of absence for an extended period of time for any reason, whether vacation or Darth RL just acting up in some fashion, please inform me in PM so we're not all wondering!
    That time will be respected and your character left in peaceful limbo lest its an important scene.

The flip side, aka the consequences for anyone who disappears without warning for an extended period of time: I will take control of your character as I want them to still be a part of the world and not just forgotten. There will be a small grace period where I will wait patiently, but if it is exceeded, I will take control. Again, if an important scene, I will control them till the scene is over with then begin the grace period before taking permanent control.

Should this happen and you do re-appear somewhere down the line, I will gladly return them to you as they were yours and inform you of everything that occurred for them since you left.

Current Discussion

Now that everyone is beginning to meet, what are your current thoughts regarding other players' characters?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

……Now what are you still standing there for? Quit dragon your feet and get in here!
    A Blind Prophet Ktala galactic-vagabond422 HunterPrime Mitth_Fisto HanSolo29 QueenSabe7 greyjedi125 Darth Luna Mikaboshi

2. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
  3. A Blind Prophet

A Blind Prophet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2016
    adding this because i personally want it at in an easier place to access and figure it will help everyone be able to find it as well:

4. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Beat me to it. ;) Nicely done. *sips* [face_coffee]

5. A Blind Prophet

Mar 25, 2016
    *bows*

figured i'd at least do a little bit to help out. nice digs.

*settles into a chair and orders a cup of orange tea*

Darth_Elu likes this.
  6. corinthia

corinthia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 16, 2016
    *ambles in and slaps coins on the bartop for a bottle of highball* What a fine establishment, Elu! Tomorrow I'll be tackling the entirety of that long post you made; I haven't had time to read much more than just what you wrote up for Mimori. :p

7. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    LOVE this place, I do!!

8. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Thank ye Ktala. ;)

*smoothly slides the highball on over to corinthia * Thank you as well and don't worry, I'm pretty sure you're not the only one who hasn't read the whole thing yet. Indeed, you don't have to if you don't want to. :p

I hope you all enjoyed your specific sections. :D Took me a while to think of what I wanted to do for each at times. spacelady can attest to this as I'd sit staring at my computer screen muttering, "Come on, come on…" [face_laugh]

QueenSabe7 and Ktala like this.
  9. HunterPrime

HunterPrime Jedi Master star 2

Apr 17, 2004
  10. A Blind Prophet

Mar 25, 2016
    it's well worth the entire read corinthia, took me two days to wade my way through it, but i enjoyed the whole thing.

i definitely enjoyed mine elu. as seen by a 3.7k word response to akiva that's about to go up. i don't put that much effort into things if i don't enjoy them. ;)

i can just see you doing that too...

*sips my tea*

Darth_Elu likes this.
  11. corinthia

Feb 16, 2016
    *sips my drink and wishes I knew where to find highball in America*

I'm sure I'll enjoy the whole post. Mimori's part was amazing all on its own.

By the way, if anyone is in need of any language/culture help, give me a holler here or in a PM. Japanese and Korean are my second and third languages, and I'd be happy to help anyone out.

12. A Blind Prophet

Mar 25, 2016
    yes, it was indeed amazing. i suspect the level of quality in this game is going to be of the highly rarefied variety.

i believe i will probably be taking you up on that offer at some point corinthia. i don't know that much about the language at all (china was where i ended up living for two years, so if it was based off of there i'd be fine), and i don't know a huge amount about the culture either.

corinthia likes this.
  13. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Between Xinsuke-ye & corinthia, you're in good hands. ;) But yes, if you need help with language and culture, I'm here to aid…but Shiraha-laosan is the resident Master I daresay.

Perhaps I may have finally found my Japanese language teacher….corinthia-senfu? [face_batting]

A Blind Prophet likes this.
  14. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    @Darth_Elu
    ahh.. that was not the bad part..

twas that twisted bit of sayings you added. My mind dosent want to focus on post, but is playing word games now because of you!! :_|

So many ways for it to make sense!!![face_cowboy]
    AIIIIIEEEEE!:oops:

@corinthia, I barely have english covered... :p
    Thats enough for me!

15. corinthia

Feb 16, 2016
    Lol, I would hardly consider myself a master in Japanese, let alone someone who could teach it, but I can offer advice and corrections. Better than I could hope to straight-up teach it. :p

Also Elu, I keep confusing your "senfu" and "laosan" honorifics, because lǎoshī is teacher in Chinese and the lao throws me off, lol. But I'll get it down eventually.

Darth_Elu likes this.
  16. A Blind Prophet

Mar 25, 2016
    you're not the only one working on that Ktala. i've been working on it off and on all evening. thrown a few attempts at him, but they aren't right yet.

lol! gooooooooo different languages mixing in with a made up one!

Darth_Elu and corinthia like this.
  17. corinthia

Feb 16, 2016
    I admit I have so many languages crammed in my head that I often get them mixed up. I've tried using a mishmash of Japanese and Korean in both Japan and Korea before, lol. And now that I'm also trying to stuff in Portuguese and Russian, let alone all the other partial studying I've done of other languages.... It's a vat-sized melting pot of languages in my poor little brain.

18. A Blind Prophet

Mar 25, 2016
    that... is an interesting conundrum to have on your hands corinthia. you sound like you're on the way to being like a woman i knew from finland. she spoke ten languages fluently, and was working on adding two more and a local dialect of chinese that had over 12 different tones.

oh, btw, mandarin or cantonese?

19. corinthia

Feb 16, 2016
    Mandarin. I spent a little time in 2010 trying to teach myself Mandarin from a book... it didn't go so well :p

greyjedi125 and A Blind Prophet like this.
  20. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Compared to me corinthia, you're a master. So shhh. :p And yeah, its a new language after all (or whats shown of it) so it'll take time to get used to it. ;) Took me a bit to remember while I was still working on it and I made it up! Still, I highly respect you for your language mastery. Not many can do that.

Ktala & A Blind Prophet [face_devil] *cackles*

21. A Blind Prophet

Mar 25, 2016
    lol! yea... mandarin is tricky enough. the tones... yea. just the tones. cantonese is twice as bad. and then the dialects with ten, twelve and fourteen... just confusing. so very, very confusing.

meh, i'm not so focused on it that i didn't get a post up. :p

22. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    =D=^:)^

Like I told you in PM, absolutely well done, Prophet. Amazing post for Akiva! Those little details you threw in there…*nomming happily*

23. A Blind Prophet

Mar 25, 2016
    [face_hypnotized][face_blush]

glad you enjoyed it. and you did say to flesh things out like that so...

24. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    *wanders in and wonders if it's too early for a drink...*

o_O *takes a seat at the bar, orders a Dragon's Brew*

Lovely place, Darth_Elu! AND, wonderful first posts to those that have made them. =D= I've been rereading each character's lead-in by our almighty GM beforehand and my mind is just loving all this information and detail for each of you. =P~

25. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002

HEY!!

I DID get a post up...

Just in a different game, thats all!! :D

Darth_Elu and A Blind Prophet like this.