main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Get In Line - A Social Countdown to The Mandalorian and Grogu

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by A Chorus of Disapproval , Jun 11, 2014.

1. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    Yeah, I was always more of a Road Rules man, myself
    [face_dancing]

2. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002

3. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  4. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002

Meh. My interest in waning in super-heroe films now.

5. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    I know I'm late to the party but I finally saw Fantastic Beasts last evening. Really enjoyed it, although Eddie Redmayne's lack of eye contact with anyone irked me :p

6. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    I really liked it too.

Everyone I was with noticed that as well. Interesting way to play it. Makes sense I think.

I wouldn't say my interest is waning, but I wasn't all that impressed with the trailer.

They've done a lot right. Getting the tie to the larger Marvel universe was key (as was getting the creative input of those at Marvel Studios). The fact that he's actually a teenager now is nice. And the biggest thing for me (that I thought was missing from the beginning) is they're finally animating they eyes.

All that said watching the trailer I don't really know how its that different than Toby in 2002 or Andrew in 2012. Think they should have let the franchise sit for a bit longer, but I don't know if they could have.

7. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Me too. Actually, my interest in superhero movies in general waned to almost nothing a few years ago. :p

Gigoran Monk likes this.
  8. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    weezer

I respectfully disagree, I think it looks great. I love the fact they are ditching a origin story (we seen it twice now) and instead just jumping right into the story arc of Spiderman after the events of Civil War. I am love the fact it seems Peter is not so self loathing (or really a emo kid like he was in TASM) in this version but instead just some eye wide, fun loving kid who is a bit nerdy and awkward that is just trying to figure out his place. I think it will actually be a bit different then what we seen before. I have a lot of confidence in Marvel for obvious reasons.

Side note, am I the only one who sort of misses people waiting up for weeks or months at a time to see a Star Wars movie? :confused:

9. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Yeah, there was just something about the trailer that didn't wow me. On paper it all seems great. Let Marvel do what they do so well, take the things that weren't working about the old ones, fix it so that it's what people love about the character, and run with it.

On screen though I see the same updated technified version of a classic villian, bright lights, and classic comic poses recreated on screen that I got with two other spidermen before. I'm sure the actual movie will be fine, but from just the trailer alone I get much more of a Sony Spiderman vibe than I do a Marvel Studios vibe, if that makes any sense. There are any number of shots that look like they could have come out of ASM 2012 and vice versa.

And no, you're not the only one that misses lines. Now they're taking them away from our electronics too. In a few years the only epic lines will be reserved for sneaker heads and pastry aficionados.

Luke02 likes this.
  10. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    weezer

You might crossing pasty aficionados off that list in the not too distant future:

https://www.dogonews.com/2016/12/8/amazon-go-aims-to-make-grocery-shopping-hassle-free-and-fun

Little scary if you ask me. A lot of the "social" in our actual social lives are being going away. Even though it was pain it was fun getting to a movie early and hanging out waiting. Had some fun times doing that. *cue more member berries*

We forget to discuss GOTG Vol 2 teaser trailer:

I think it looks great though I absolutely love the first one (soundtrack too) therefore I am so stoked for Volume 2. Episode VIII is obviously number #1 on my list for 2017 movies but GOTG Volume 2 is second. I have that ahead of Spidey Homecoming, Creed 2, Wonder Woman, Justice League, Pirates 4 etc as the must see movie next year outside of Episode VIII.

Luke'sSeveredHand and weezer like this.
  11. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    was gifted with one of these. it's awesome but it's usb plug in only.

[​IMG]

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  12. LANDO_ROCKS

Nov 28, 2002
    10 hours!

13. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    What's you opinion of Chinese food in a cinema?

I'm going with a couple of friends tonight. To a deluxe seating cinema where you can eat food while watching.

I think the idea is that you buy overpriced food from the cinema, but they are intending to bring in takeaways.

My personal opinion is that smelling other people's beef in black bean and noodles (with all respect to George Lucas) while watching a movie is just gross. But I havent said that to them.

Maybe I can stick little bits of tissue paper up my nose.

14. LANDO_ROCKS

Nov 28, 2002
    I never worried about the smell of food but I've not heard of Chinese food at a cinema?

I'm going to Rhodes Gold Class tonight, I usually get popcorn, beef sliders and these apple bites (sort of cinnamon apple pie things?) and a coffee.

The best thing is you can schedule the food to arrive at certain intervals which is great.

15. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    I hate; I Hate; I HATE ... PETER PAN! Theaters that serve food!
    Servers running to and fro during the movie. Everyone trying to pay their tab during the climax of the film. ARG! I only go to the regular theaters but there are a couple Movie Taverns and a Studio Movie Grill close by.
    That said, I don't mind people eating food. I sneak food in every now and again, usually burgers or Chick-fil-a. I saw someone eating Chipoltle once.

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  16. weezer

May 16, 2001
    That seems like it would be a bit more of an issue than just bringing in your own coke and popcorn (or even Chipoltle) to a regular showing.

Like fishtailsam said you've got a lot of people running around with that set up. Servers, runners, bus boys, etc. Seems like a lot more people to say "what the ***** do you think you're doing" when your buddies are munching on their Chinese food and not the overpriced food from the cinema.

17. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I'm just going to use the "Hey, I don't know these guys" line if there is any trouble.
    I just want a boysenberry choc top and a coke.

... this awkward time between the movie being released and seeing it.... just peeking at threads that probably aren't excessively spoilery.

18. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    my aunt and uncle emailed me $50 on fandago! i'll get to see r1 at least twice! awesome!

B99 likes this.
  19. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Thats your best bet. Just look over at them, look back at the usher, shrug and keep watching the movie.

20. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    STAR WARS Han Solo A Star Wars Story Pics Part 3

More pics from the Han Solo spin off film! Director Phil Lord newest cast member Michael Kenneth Williams and set up for filming in Fuertaventura, Canary Islands!

Darth Smurf and Gigoran Monk like this.
  21. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Wow, that movie is just about 2 months away already..

Luke02 likes this.
  22. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    STAR WARS Han Solo A Star Wars Story Pics Part 4

New pics from the Han Solo spin off film! Actor Ian Kenny cast, reported shots at Three Peaks in Italy, set up for filming at Pinewood studios, Warwick Davis and a new alien!

vncredleader likes this.
  23. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Wait. I missed the story on Han Solo filming in the Dolomites. Where did you hear that?

24. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    msw and swnewsnet. bunch of places.

25. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    STAR WARS Han Solo SPOILER Pics! Part 7

SPOILERS! New set and character pics from the Han Solo spin off film! Han's new look, vehicles and more!