main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One The Easter Eggs and Cameos of Rogue One

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by TtheForceHurts, Dec 15, 2016.

1. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I'm really surprised that Yularen of all people didn't get a cameo.

Still a great movie though! :D

11-4D and GunganSlayer like this.
  2. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Yes it gets leveled, but there is quite a bit of time between that cameo and when it gets leveled. Enough time for Jyn et al to get captured and drug half way across the desert to the temple etc.

I'm sure MANY people came and went in that time.

3. MarcJordan

MarcJordan Force Ghost star 4

Nov 17, 2014
    1138 found, I think. Don't quote me, but I thought I saw it, just in case it warrants a :
    on a wall arc, in Jedha

Going for the 3rd show. And will look out for it again.

MJ

4. DarthBeagle

DarthBeagle Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 24, 2004
    In the credits someone was listed as an "Alderaanian Guard" - given we didn't see anyone with Bail Organa I'm wondering if this is final confirmation that the white-bowl helmet troopers we see on the Tantive IV are indeed Alderaanian Consular Guards, rather than the uniforms for rebel troopers?

Lt. Hija and IG_2000 like this.
  5. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008

only problem being that aren't the tower guards on Yavin 4 also wearing the same helmet?

Angasboy likes this.
  6. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    can someone explain to me if the Rouge One shuttle number SW-0608 has some deeper meaning?

V-2 likes this.
  7. DarthBeagle

DarthBeagle Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 24, 2004
    Yes, and throughout the Rebel base, but it's explanable that Bail has been supplying them.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

8. Internets

Internets Jedi Master star 1

Nov 28, 2008
    Was Biggs even with the Rebellion at that point? I always got the impression he was mid-defection in ANH...

BIGGS: "I made some friends at the Academy. When our frigate goes to one of the central systems, we're going to jump ship and join the Alliance..."

9. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    Blue Squadron itself is a nice easter egg (for those that may not be aware, Blue Squadron was the designation of the fighters in ANH script).

Not an easter egg, but a nice internal tie-in is that the guy opposite Jyn on the prisoner transport ends up joining her as part of Rogue One.

10. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Most epic cameo has to be that of Darth Vader himself... The man had few scenes, for sure, but all were memorable especially in full badass mode at the end!

It was also nice to see Wilhuff Tarkin wonderfully resurrected in his cold and cruel persona, as if the great Peter Cushing was still alive (remember he died in 1994)... And same goes for Princess Leia in her 1977 look, which only confirmed the rumors that she will make an appearance in Rogue One!

Sent from MillenniumFalcon.exe using Tapatalk

TooMuchBBQ likes this.
  11. robbman21

robbman21 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 16, 2005
    There was a video made for a charity supported by Garreth Edwards that showed behind the scenes stuff and both Biggs (with his signature helmet) and Porkins can be seen in that video, yet I never saw either of them in the film and looked very closely, though it was mentioned above that someone thought they saw Biggs. Biggs could have been edited out (mostly) because the continuity would be off, because somehow he ends up on Tattooine in a cape talking to Luke about defecting to the Alliance right about the time the Battle of Scarif was going on, so that wouldn't have made a lot of sense to the die-hards who have knowledge of ANH's cut scenes and novelization.

V-2 likes this.
  12. JMaster Luke

JMaster Luke Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    I loved all the X wing pilots they added at the end battle. I was wondering with Biggs wasn't added. I was thinking why wasn't Wedge too but it makes sense he wasn't added since when they attached the Death Star in ANH wedge says "wow look at the size of that thing." If he was in the Rogue One battle he would of already seen the Death Star.

13. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I don't think seeing the death star is same as seeing it up close- it sure looks smaller from the distance

14. Dr_Cthulhu

Dr_Cthulhu Jedi Master star 2

Dec 29, 2015
    Are those scenes at Tosche Station considered canon, though?

15. Ed_Fett_77

Ed_Fett_77 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 19, 2015
    After my second viewing i still haven't seen Chopper. Is it supposed to be him in the first scene on Yavin?

16. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    I think it's when the Radio guy runs up to Mon Mothma you can see him, again that's second hand, I haven't seen him either!

DaddlerTheDalek and B99 like this.
  17. LordDallos

LordDallos Jedi Master star 3

Feb 2, 2016
    That's true. Didn't think about that.

18. JMaster Luke

JMaster Luke Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2000

Sorry i ment attacked...not attached, but yeah because Wedge said that line from a distance when viewing the Death Star. But yeah i would think Biggs would be there but no biggie.

19. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    well, it could be an easter egg referring to the next film, I probably don't nee to elaborate on what "SW" could mean, but 6 is Return of the Jedi and the next film, 8, is presumably when we get to see a (real) jedi again.

20. Ed_Fett_77

Ed_Fett_77 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 19, 2015
    One thing i realized is that there are no Animal Creatures in this Movie.

21. yodarulzall

yodarulzall Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 1, 2000
    The Rebels series is currently at two years before ANH. And Cham is currently alive and well. He wouldn't be that old, maybe 40 tops in the clone wars era, putting him in his 60 maybe 70 in ANH.

22. yodarulzall

yodarulzall Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 1, 2000
    As far I know cannon rules are if something on screen conflicts with the book, on-screen always takes priority. So Biggs being in RO wouldn't be a continuity error.

robbman21 likes this.
  23. LordDallos

LordDallos Jedi Master star 3

Feb 2, 2016
    Biggs and Wedge may have been on another mission. Covering Bail Organa on his way back to Alderaan perhaps?

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  24. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    There supposedly were some kind of camels on Jedha but they were edited out it seems. That space octopus Saw used was it sentient or animal?

25. Rickern

Rickern Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I hope not. I've always found very complicated that Biggs would meet Luke in Tatooine, then left the planet, leave the frigate in a central system, find the rebels, join the rebellion and becoming Red Two in no longer than the two or three days (or at most a week) that took Luke to join the rebellion himself.