main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Boba Fett - Possible Spin-Off (Cancelled - See Page 57 for Details)

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Django Fett, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
  2. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
    The question now is who will direct since Trank's been kicked to the curb. Christopher McQuarrie, perhaps?

3. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Has anyone kept up with any rumors on directors that are in touch with LucasFilm at the moment?

4. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
    I haven't, but I know McQuarrie helped out with the Rogue One screenplay, so he has an in already.

cerealbox likes this.
  5. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    an origin story?
    so is this why TCW Bounty Hunter arc was never released?

6. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    Main problem with a Boba Fett movie is the PT did a lot of dammage to the character. He used to be a cool mysterious bounty hunter, now his silly, shark-jumping origin story told us he's an unaltered clone. Could lucasfilm writers decide the Fett name has become a mantle and the Boba Fett we'll see in the movie is not the same we saw in the PT? Like the new sherif on jakku who wears his armor in the aftermath books?

7. Palizinha

Palizinha Jedi Master star 1

Jul 12, 2015
    Boba Fett is the guy's name. It makes NO sense for it to be a mantle. 'Fett' is literally Boba's father. If they use "mantle" as an excuse to hire a white guy for the movie, it will be the most eye-rolling decision Lucasfilm has done in years.

8. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    If "Boba Fett" becomes a mantle it'll be because the clone made it a name with an accompanying reputation worth taking advantage of. I don't what about PT makes it only possible for the clone to only be badass off screen. Cause even if replaced he still needs to be a badass for someone else to want to bother taking his name.

9. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    The mantle thing would be strange...but the point is Fett's backstory was one of the worst retcon in SW history...kinda ruined the character for most fans...how can they manage to overcome this? Maybe they just wont mention all the clone/jango fett stuff but it was such a disappointing retcon i dont know how the character can find his mystic back.

10. Ed_Fett_77

Ed_Fett_77 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 19, 2015
    I kind of like the idea of Boba Fett becoming a Mantle, it has a Batman vibe to it.

11. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    I don't mind the way they took Boba if I'm honest, but I would defiantly prefer a Jango movie over Boba any day.

12. Krueger

Aug 9, 2004
    As of now, I’m still lukewarm on the idea of a Boba Fett movie. The only way, at the moment, that I would muster some excitement for it is if it was revealed to take place post-ROTJ.

starocean90 likes this.
  13. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  14. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    Have a hard time taking Boba Fett serious after the way a blind Han inadvertently disposed of him in ROTJ

15. ekrolo2

ekrolo2 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 17, 2014
    My thoughts on this are the same as with everything we've gotten out of Disney: would it kill you mother ****ers to do something NOT about the OT? I've liked a lot of their output, minus the movies, but man am I not a fan of how the most boring part of Star Wars is the one getting the most attention.

vncredleader likes this.
  16. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Because it's also the most popular, acclaimed, and beloved, at least to the general audience. So from their perspective, it makes all the sense in the world to start there.

I wonder if anyone at Disney has brought up Joe Johnston's name yet? He's worked with Disney before, has wanted to make a movie like this for years, and he did help create/conceive the character as well even.

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    They'll both be done and I'd rather wait on the Kenobi film for 2021 or whenever.

18. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Me too, big time. It would be a nice point of difference to the Han Solo film as well. The life of a smuggler, then the life of a bounty hunter.

19. Krueger

Aug 9, 2004
    Interesting. Production Weekly has now taken the "Untitled Boba Fett Star Wars Story" listing down. Maybe it was a mistake?

20. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    PLEASE no

21. JediLight

JediLight Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    Am I the only one that thinks this sounds like a terrible movie? What is so exciting about Boba Fett?

22. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    For me, it's more about a "bounty hunters in space" adventure that I want to see.

Obviously since Boba Fett is Star Wars most famous one with some public familiarity, he would be the star.

LittleDefel likes this.
  23. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    Amen to that, brother.

24. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    how many times is bounty hunter in space going to be done? bounty hunter alone is a boring over played story at this point. it would probably have west world to han solo feels they are already making the han solo movie this would just be a snooze fest.

25. LadyLilith2401

LadyLilith2401 Jedi Padawan

Dec 29, 2016
    There's a metric tonne of EU material about Boba Fett that has him talking and acting alot... and he's still the worst nightmare of alot of people. I'll admit I am biased, being a Fett-fan, but from a realistic standpoint, he CAN be featured in his own film set after Episode VI, quite possibly opening with his daring escape from the Sarlacc. That's no small feat, which is a great opener because it sets the stage for more badassery in the rest of the film. Even the casual fan would be interested.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.