main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Dream book?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DarthJaceus, Dec 30, 2016.

1. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Something about the Inquisitors from Rebels.

Or just Shadows of the Empire Again. Like, that would be its title, and it would just be Shadows of the Empire--again.

corinthia, Tobi, DarthJaceus and 3 others like this.
  2. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    A Padme book is definitely overdue. She was a Queen and Senator for this missing decade, and became a firebrand and great orator, and went from not believing in the Senate to one of its more vocal members. Do we really think she didn't have any interesting adventures during that decade? Or more adventures during the Clone Wars? She's a character that needs and deserves a lot more understanding and depth, and has so much potential.

3. TheAvengerButton

Aug 11, 2011
    Claudia Gray needs to write it. Then, it would be perfect.

4. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    A compendium dealing with all Legends surviving characters post Crucible-who they married, when they died, and so on and so forth. It would bring closure to the era between Del Rey's novels and Legacy. Just say Fel Empire started this date, Luke died this date, Ben married so and so this date, and so on. Just give those Legends characters rest. They deserve it.

5. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    Legends brief history inbetween 40s ABY and 100s ABY as Darth Invictus said. But I would also add a map or two, on how the Cold War between the GA and Fel Empire proceeded, on whether there were any factions like the Confederation whose fate we don't know of other than that it has disappeared by the time of Legacy. A more detailed view on the politics of the period.

And on that note if we ever get Legends again, I'd like a deeper look into the politics of the Galactic Alliance, Fel Empire and even the old Republic and Galactic Empire.

DarthJaceus and Cheerios4u98 like this.
  6. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Freedon Nadd by James Luceno

LelalMekha, bizzbizz, mes520 and 3 others like this.
  7. patchworkz7

patchworkz7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 26, 2004
    The Chronicles of Mij Gilamar graphic novel series with art by Stuart Immonen and covers by Shea Standefer. Also, of course, The Life & Times of Natasi Daala, Space Pirate* ;p

*The Daala that went into politics being revealed as an Imperial Remnant clone, aka Naataasi Daaalaa.

Oh, and a series of Dark Times novels and graphic novels with emphasis on the joint Imperial and Centrality campaign to take Renatasia, a campaign that per Legends cost the Empire and Centrality dearly with waves of stormtroopers and ships being wiped out.

[​IMG]

Nom von Anor likes this.
  8. The Shame Nun

The Shame Nun Jedi Padawan

Dec 30, 2015
    I would have loved to have seen the EU tackle a Star Wars crime novel set on Coruscant sometime in the Prequel era. With all those politicians and wealthy corporate interests, a crime story filled with political intrigue would have been an interesting story to see.. I would probably pick Michael Reaves for the author, since I think that he does a good job at writing Coruscant.

9. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998

Isn't this literally the premise for GL's proposed Underworld live-action TV series?

10. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Right now I want to see some follow ups.

A Bloodline follow up where Casterfo gets out and is able to prove his innocence and Sindian's guilt. This can be the length of the old Han Solo, Lando Calrissian, Spinter of The Mind's Eye books.

A Lost Stars follow up where Ciena and Thane return home and where they go from there. 1. We find out that the majority of Imperial Officers and crewers are basically released as they were not part of atrocities...they were just there to protect their homes and families. 2. The first wavers are forced to re-evaluate their sense of honor due to siding with the Empire and what that says about complicity in the Empire's genocide, slavery and corruption. 3. The formation of new Planetary Security Forces and the recruitment of former Imperials into them.

11. TheAvengerButton

Aug 11, 2011
    I'm actually surprised that there isn't a sequel to Lost Stars in the works. There's a lot of ideas left unexplored at the end of the novel, namely how much the events of the last third of the book shape Thane and Ciena's relationship going forward. So much potential there.

If a sequel is ever written, part of me is hoping that their love can't be wholly salvaged. It would make the tragedy of Galactic Civil War even greater.

12. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'd like to see more horror. Death Troopers was good but I didn't really care for the prequel.

13. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    A Dooku novel and a Padme novel aren't dream novels to me, they're just novels I'm shocked and appalled they haven't done yet.

A Senate Handbook in the style of the Jedi Path and Imperial Handbook. Notes in the margin from Mon Mothma, Bail Organa (both deserve a novel, too), Padme, Palpatine (pre and post Emperor?), JarJar (maybe) and Leia.

14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, I wouldn't mind a Bail Organa novel if Luceno wrote it.

corinthia, LadyZ, LelalMekha and 5 others like this.
  15. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    I'm sure there are other authors out there who could handle it, too. Luceno can't write all of our dream novels

16. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    More NJO era stories.
    Legends history guide from Crucible to Legacy comics.
    Yuuzhan Vong history.

17. CaptainPeabody

CaptainPeabody Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 15, 2008
    "I Still Have a Heart": The Trioculus Story is my forever #1. I'm not sure who would write it, though. Maybe Jason Fry?

It would never, ever happen, but a Star Wars novel by Gene Wolfe could be incredible. Something by him about the early history of the Sith could probably work: there's something very Wolfe-ish about the arrival of the Jedi Exiles to the Massassi Sith and the hybridized Dark Side society they form. Issues of identity, memory, shape-shifting, magic, evil, etc could be grand.

Also, my real dream novel is something I've set out to write in fic form before but will probably never finish, which is a grand, metaphysical story tieing together all the Saga Force stuff by having an old Luke Skywalker travel alone throughout the Galaxy fighting the Dark Side and gaining insight into the nature of the Force and reality, achieve enlightenment, and ultimately ascend to total union with the Force as the Messianic Son of Suns. Now that I think about it, Gene Wolfe could work for that too.

Oddly enough, I think the Trioculus story is actually by far the most likely among my dream novels. Which is hilarious.

LelalMekha and jasonfry like this.
  18. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    A war story about the coruscant-Alsakan conflict. Nothing else

DarthJaceus likes this.
  19. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
    The Seige of Mandalore

The Western Reaches Pacification Campaign

A book about Imperial special agents on the hunt for Saw Gurrera, who is depicted as an Osama Bin Laden-type figure

Jango Fett

Bloodline and Lost Stars follow ups

Anything specifically about bounty hunter and/or the underworld

Skywalker2B, DarthJaceus and Daneira like this.
  20. Cheerios4u98

Cheerios4u98 Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 4, 2015
    Actual dream novel: any new Star Wars novel by Matthew Stover

21. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Yes. Please.

Claudia Gray. Alexandra Bracken. EK Johnston. All of them have written about Bail and the Organas and all of them would be great at the politics.

Still want a young Leia Senate novel though -- from any of these authors.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

22. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Stover and Luceno just need to rewrite the whole franchise.

23. TheAvengerButton

Aug 11, 2011
    Nah, I wanna see what Jason Fry could do with a big novel. I loved Moving Target. Weapon of the Jedi, not as much.

Sent from A TRANSMISSION BEAMED ABOARD THIS SHIP--

24. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Fry's Servants of the Empire book series was pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    Same as last time this was brought up.
    1)A new Wraith/Rogue squadron book by Stackpole,
    2)Qui-Gon Jinn novel, or at least a comic short like obi-wan and Anakin
    3)That Vong arc from clone wars made into a novel.
    4)Republic commando book focused on a new squad from Karen Traviss
    5)Padme novel by Claudia gray would be cool to see things from Padme perspective with a bit of political intrigue, and finally give the answer of what the hell she saw in Anakin
    6)An old man Han and Lando Novel with Star Wars Scoundrels but just Han and Lando placed after Ben goes all Kylo and Han goes off on his own.
    7)I'd also like to see Joe Schreiber do something new Maul Lockdown was a solid and pleasant read.
    8)and just anything that's post ESB but pre RTOJ. <--- this period can be just as entertaining without Han solo!

And if I could get some final legends books I'd love to see a Darth Ruin duology just something that explains the state of the galaxy and how the new sith wars kicked off.
    And a rule of One Novel that would kinda explain about their rise to power through out the years.
    and then maybe a trilogy just to finish off the Han luke and Leia story. and makes it clear that the galaxy has peace until the sith imperial war.

mes520, DarthJaceus and JediKnight75 like this.