main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Boba Fett - Possible Spin-Off (Cancelled - See Page 57 for Details)

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Django Fett, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    A lot depends on the supporting characters of the film. The people he interacts with, his allies, his enemies.m, etc.

2. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    Boba Fett hardly has to be constantly using his jetpack. He doesn't necessarily have to use it at all. Movie protagonists that don't talk to much have been done. Some very successful ones by Clint Eastwood inspired Boba Fett's charactisation in the first placeAnd yeah it's been done a lot but so has to overly quippy sci-fi hero. As is stated Ironman already has three movies. Guardians of the Galaxy is a thing. It'll get a sequel soon. TFA was full of them. I'm sure VIII will be too. Same with the Star Trek reboot movies. And now we are getting a Han Solo movie. The guy that set that trend. I'd argue that compared to them Boba Fett has to potential to be a fresh breath air.

3. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
    Just imagine this:

[​IMG]

Plus this:

[​IMG]

With a heaping helping of this:

[​IMG]

Plus all the usual Star Wars ingredients, and BAM! You have yourself a kickass Boba Fett film.

La Calavera and starocean90 like this.
  4. KamNale

KamNale Jedi Master star 2

Feb 11, 2012
    The only way to do a Boba Fett film is to not make him the main character. Like do a Suicide Squad/Magnificent Seven type film with Bossk, Denar, IG-88, 4-LOM, Zuckass, Cad Bane etc. Maybe have a kind of heist film with Jabba involved. That's what I want because Boba is kinda overrated and having him in a group of bounty hunters would be good to show the relationship they have with one another.

LadyLilith2401 likes this.
  5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    [​IMG]

DurararaFTW likes this.
  6. chevv

chevv Jedi Padawan

May 10, 2016
    "Boba is overrated" really isn't that solid of an argument here. This movie could/would show why he is the most feared and respected bounty hunter in the galaxy. If LF could make a compelling character out of a random stormtrooper, there's no telling how much they could develop Boba.

7. LadyLilith2401

LadyLilith2401 Jedi Padawan

Dec 29, 2016

That... actually might work. Something adapted from Tales of the Bounty Hunters story collection, but brought into a single storyline.

8. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Someone finally talking sense in here, THANK you.

ARC_RC-7567 and TheMoldyCrow like this.
  9. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    Given we don't know what they are going to potentially do I proposed three ideas a few pages back all taking place in different eras. First one would take place in the pre-Episode IV after Episode III time of Rebels and Rogue One (I would base it on Star Wars 1313 at least what we knew while adding any original elements that need to be added but I have the feeling the full story is somewhere in the archives so they won't have a problem finding it). Another one would take place in the time after Episode IV but before Episode V where Vader sends Fett to find out who exactly saved Luke's life during the Death Star attack following on from their previous arrangement of him learning Luke's identity in the comics and since Jabba is also after Han it'd be an added bonus for Fett as he would get more money but of course runs into some rivals along the way. And then the last one I would have take place in the Force Awakens timeline just after it (I'd open it with him seeing a holonet report of Han's death) where Boba has since escaped the Sarlacc Pit years ago but is now an aged hunter past his prime as he goes on one last mission to protect someone from being hunted.

I don't know which one they would go with (My guess is the ones where he's younger because I guess seeing an aged protagonist unless they are a supporting character is something I don't know if Disney would do but Rogue One did take some risks so maybe they might. I know some say Han was a main character in the Force Awakens but he is a mentor figure all things considered) but I kind of want to see the one where he's an aged hunter who can't do this anymore. See the end of the most feared hunter in the galaxy as we are told and shown why he was great at what he did one more time. Basically it'd be like Unforgiven, The Shootist and what Logan looks to be. If not a movie I would like to see this as a comic or novel. From what I understand we have yet to see Fett's life after Return of the Jedi in the new cannon? I imagine they plan to bring him back in thar period in a big way and this could be it. I don't know that would be a cool idea I think and of course the title would be "Fett" Expect Johnny Cash's Hurt in the trailer.

10. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    Only if it's post-ROTJ and they redeem this overrated character.

Cobbler likes this.
  11. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Some fans here also need to realize that just because THEY find him to be "overrated," that in NO way means that the movie is a bad idea. Because, like it or not, he IS a really popular character, and a pop-culture icon in many ways. So yeah, it makes a lot of sense to try and capitalize on that.

And as for "well he doesn't talk much," quite a few films (as pointed out by others already) have been able to make that work well. It's just a matter of making it so "well he won't say that much. But when he does talk, you should listen."

12. Palizinha

Palizinha Jedi Master star 1

Jul 12, 2015
    The overrated thing is a weird complaint for sure. Boba Fett's popular either way, so when it comes to Bounty Hunters, if one gets a movie it's gonna be him. Much as Cad Bane may be a better written character, there is nothing stopping Boba from becoming a better written character than him if he gets a movie, what we know from Boba now aren't the only things we'll know about him after watching a movie starring the guy. Honestly, the only way I'd find a Fett movie less interesting than the Han Solo movie we're already getting is if they cast a white guy as Boba, which is just revisionist story of pretending Boba isn't a clone AND whitewashing, and I don't think Lucasfilm is stupid to the point of doing that. The way things are, I'll just sit back and enjoy the movie if it happens.

I would like it if whatever it is that happens required him to have at least one partner, though, I enjoy interplay between characters more than one person alone, so that could be great. Young Boba has a bit of a relationship with several Bounty Hunters, so that could be called back too, or just introduce a new one.

And a lot of clones are great, Rex is one of my favorite characters in the franchise, and I adore Fives. Would be good to see what they can do with the clone Jango raised.

Tobi likes this.
  13. GalenX_1399

GalenX_1399 Jedi Padawan

Mar 31, 2016
    I personally think it'd be really cool if they made a boba fett movie with somewhat of a suicide squad feel. Like get boba fett with a bunch of other bounty hunters(cad bane, aurra sing, bossk, dengar, embo) and have them do Palpatine's dirty deeds(killing jedi, senators, political activists). and Then eventually have Embo, aurra sing, and cad bane die(In the clone wars it's stated how these three were the best bounty hunters but aren't seen in episode 5 when vader recruits bounty hunters. with the exception of embo, who once helped colonists fights againsts pirates in the clone wars tv series, the other two seem to be evil and love bounty hunting, so it's unlikely they'd retire because they were bored of it). Finally, have one crzy sequence that firmly establishes boba fett as the best bounty hunter in the galaxy.

starocean90 likes this.
  14. Khaiden

Khaiden Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 15, 2014
    This argument is refuted by Darth Maul.

15. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    No, it really isn't. Darth Maul wasn't the main character, he didn't get much screentime, he was basically there for one big fight scene and otherwise just to stand around looking cool, and he got like five lines of dialogue total in that film.

Not the same thing at all.

16. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Not a bad idea, as long as the final result is nothing like Suicide Squad.

PimpBacca likes this.
  17. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    hmmm not convinced when a bunch of other cool stories exist, we have han solo, we have dark tower more space/western, we have westworld lets have something fresh, most main-stream fans probably don't want a bobba film.

18. DementedMeerkat

DementedMeerkat Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 10, 2015
    I'd love this, especially if it was post RotJ or in the Dark Times between III and IV. It would be great to see how he got to be the best and follow in his father's footsteps, but also great to see him escape the Sarlaac Pit. The actors are the right sort of age now to do these films as well - Tem Morrison is in his 50s so would fit with post-RotJ, and Daniel Logan in his late 20s so would fit in Dark Times. Maybe they could use both and merge it into one film with flashbacks, maybe with Jango too?
    But yeah, I'm sure if it does happen they will definitely stick to the canon that he is a Clone. I can only hope they'll go a step further and recruit the same actors again!
    As for the story... mix in some flashbacks, morally grey choices/protagonist/antagonist, show off his tech, some Mandolore stuff and I'm sure we would all enjoy it! It'd be interesting to see a new take on the Montross/Jango storyline, except it's Boba getting revenge and not his father. Always loved that comic+videogame! :) Imagine if they did a live action Cad Bane as his mentor! Damn, I'm getting so hyped just thinking about all this so I should stop now! :D

19. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I'm all for the bounty hunter/ suicide squad idea.

"So what are we some kind of Bounter Hunters: A Star Wars Story?" :p

ARC_RC-7567 likes this.
  20. chevv

chevv Jedi Padawan

May 10, 2016
    Behind Vader and the Stormtroopers, Fett has one of biggest "faces" synonymous with Star Wars. Mainstream moviegoers will recognize the mask, which helps put more butts in seats. That being said, LucasFilm made a good, monetarily successful movie out of a single line from a title card. They could easily solidify the badass lore of this character.

21. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Can we try not to lay a curse on this movie by comparing it to Suicide Squad? ;)

ARC_RC-7567 likes this.
  22. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Sure it's been discussed before but who would they get, or want to play him?? To keep good continuity they would have to get the kid that played him in ATOC or someone who kinda looks/sounds like him right??

23. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    A bit late to the discussion, but as a female fan, I have NO interest in a Boba Fett movie. IMHO an awful lot of his fans think "he looks cool," or has "cool equipment/outfit/ship" (at least that's an awful lot of what I've read here over the years, and of course, that's not saying ALL fans are like that).

It's not an anti-Bounty Hunter thing, either. I like Cad Bane in TCW, I love Hondo in the same. But it's for their character, not their clothing or gear.

Kole, cerealbox and ladygrey45 like this.
  24. DavrelKex

DavrelKex Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 18, 2016
    1. Adapt "The Bounty Hunter Wars" into the new canon.
    2. Shoot it like Mad Max: Fury Road with Boba as the driving force, but from the perspective of another character.
    3. Profit.

Please stop perpetuating this "oh fans don't want this" It's totally unfounded, you see rumors and discussions about it friggin' everywhere.

Fett and Mandalorian merchandise sells out instantly when it goes out.

"Fett is overrated" So redeem the character by giving him the opportunity to be fleshed out and explored.

25. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    it's just why explore him when there are things like the obi movie they could explore or other movies about the first jedi and the sith seems alot more original and fresh to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.