main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Clan Wren

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by MandoArtist, Jan 4, 2017.

1. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    I hope you're right about her not *ruling* as Mandalore. One of the issues with the old Legends continuity was that any kind of progressive political system wound up falling utterly on its face. And in comparison to what a traditional Lord Mandalore probably ruled like, Satine's ducal system was progressive, with a Prime Minister and other administrative personnel reminiscent of the British Empire's transition to a democratic republic. And Maul and Viszla sabotaged it and overthrew it, plunging the planet into a violent civil war, while the Empire has practically hobbled them into being a submissive client state funneling its economy and warriors into the Imperial war machine.

So here comes Sabine carrying the Mandalorian equivalent of Excalibur, guarded by a Protector and doing a Joan of Arc impression (as you well put it) with the goal of flipping at least one clan to the Rebellion's side, the same Rebellion whose whole schtick is that they support democracy and republicanism. Sabine may very well be seeking to form at least some kind of War Parliament of the Houses and Clans, leading to a genuine egalitarian system later, with any Lord Mandalore acting more as a ceremonial leader or possibly the Commander in Chief.
    Supposedly, she's in this season. That's why I'm thinking we'll see her as a hostile Anti-Imperial Insurgent suspicious of Sabine's Rebellion ties (in a way opposite of Rook's). Maybe she'll be mollified by the Viceroy's head on a platter?

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  2. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Bo-Katan and her allies(mainly Satine Loyalists and backed by the Republic ) created the resistance on Mandalore. There is no mention of the any conflict on Mandalore during SOD, so it was likely scattered and insignificant. Maul successfully was mobilizing old Mandalorians into a galactic fighting force and the people of Mandalore were pro-Death Watch due to his ruse of the criminal invasion smoke screen. Death Watch members and their style of government was never kind, including Bo-Katan who actively delighted in aiding in the extermination f the defenseless Ming-Po. Almect seemed welcomed back with opened arms, its not clear just how loved Satine was by the populace they quickly abandoned her her regime caved in like a house of cards. Maybe she held onto power only because of the Jedi Knights and the Republic, and this was mainly the case and her own government was not without its problems(Almec).

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I do wonder if we will finally meet or get mention of Korkie's mother/father because they have never been mentioned.

4. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    It is interesting that we haven't seen where Bo-Katan is at this point. We know she's coming back as confirmed by Katee Sackhoff and also going to Mandalore they'd naturally bring her back and resolve her story. The question is where is she? She isn't shown in the trailer as being a part of Sabine's mother's group nor Saxon's. So either she's an entire separate faction existing independent from both and is allied to no one no longer being involved in the conflict for Mandalore feeling tired after the endless war and Sabine is forced to seek her out and unite her as part of her mother's group so they can defeat Saxon together or maybe she is allied with Sabine's mother but is being held captive and they have to rescue her. I also wonder if Almec could be mentioned in passing? My guess is he'd be dead by now either from old age or someone might have assasinated him as part of a takeover plot. Also maybe Ezra and Kanan will mention Maul to Bo. Again it'll be interesting to see where she is and what she's up too. I know something like this would belong more in a thread about Bo in Rebels but admittedly I didn't look to see if there was one.

5. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    There was a female mandalorian with a helmet on, she could have been Bo Katan.

Vegeta Daimo likes this.
  6. tampering

tampering Jedi Knight

Jan 4, 2017
    Rook Kast probably thinks Bo-katan betrayed Mando tradition by rejecting the Rule of the Strongest. Rau considers Bo a traitor to the crown. Even Kryze clan would have had a hard time supporting her provisional government.

Look at her track record,

1) She's against pacifism so betrays her own clan leader and sister in the name of Mandalorian warrior tradition joining Deathwatch.
    2) betrays Mandalorian tradition by refusing to accept Maul as the strongest. Does so in the name of Mandalorian Nativism. Tries to rescue her sister but fails.
    3) Betrays Mandalorian Nativism by inviting a Jedi led Republic invasion. Is made provisional by said foreign power.

COMPNOR doesn't even have to hack the election. Even Gar Saxon could win a free election against someone with so much baggage just by spouting slogans like "Make Mandalore Strong Again" and starting all sentences with "Shifty Bo-katan".

So I think Bo suffered a humiliating political defeat and she's out of the loop.

Ventrix and Darth Basin like this.
  7. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I thought that was implied in the thread title :p

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  8. ARC_RC-7567

ARC_RC-7567 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2015
    Your political is showing

Darth Basin likes this.
  9. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Let's not bring real world politics into this thread.

Darth Basin likes this.
  10. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015
    On another subject, what is even the status of Mandalore at this time? I haven't seen any GCW-Mandalore related content/info in canon.

Like, is it in a rebellion right now? Civil war? Split world? United? What?

Darth Basin likes this.
  11. godisawesome

Dec 14, 2010
    I was under the impression that the Ahsoka novel's brief Siege of Mandalore was that the planet was still in a very Lawless situation, at least in terms of how broken up and shattered the place has become. Maul still seems to have the upper hand like he did in Lawless, where he's capable of massing enough men and material to control any area he wants to, but by the time the Siege is over, Mandalore's in enough chaos a major warrior for the enemy of the Republic became the Empire's Viceroy, so I presume Bo-Katan's crew was either wiped out in a phyrric victory for Maul or simply fought both sides, echoing Bo's Death Watch roots and belief that "Mandalore will survive."

And I think Satine's government is best viewed as a political coalition of the non-warriors who'd make up the infrastructure of any warrior race, burned out veterans seeking peace, and at least a few like minded Clans and Great Houses. It's still fairly autonomous and strong, considering Mandalore was the leader of Neutral systems, and the New Mandalorian movement seems to have been powerful enough that Viszla couldn't get enough backing to overthrow it himself without outside interference. By the by, that last bit is intriguing if the Protectors are to be included in the banished warriors after the Great Clan war. Either the more militaristic clans and Houses were too fractious to unite behind Viszla/Maul before he conquered Mandalore, or there was a genuine agreement that the Great Clan War was far too bloody to risk opposing the Peace movement. And that would imply the Protectors, who seem to be a respected military order, may have recognized Satine's (Ducal, remember, not Mandalore) government as supreme on Mandalore and their neccesity at least postponed.

So Satine's government was probably not so much a Republic puppet government but definetly a faction they supported.
    A client state of the Empire, with the Imperial-frontman Viceroy Saxon propped up by Imperial power, and nervous enough about non-Imperial Mandalorian factions like the Protectors to plot their demise even before the Rebels flipped Rau. I think we should consider them a maimed-but-still-powerful system that has the potential for a leadership role in the GFFA similar to Satine's New Mandalorian government, with the Empire and Saxon working to keep them under heel.

12. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    I think you're confusing it for the aftermath of the siege and for Order 66 chaos that followed there. There is no mention of Mandalore being lawless during Maul's control. The opening summarizes a Republic invasion led by the Jedi, the attack on Mandalore and Maul being alone in one of the plaza's that wasn't burning yet awaiting the Jedi for a duel. The Republic(and following Bo-Katan's comments from "The Lawless") brought the war to Mandalore. Maul's army was off fighting the Clones.

Ahsoka was stranded on Mandalore following Order 66, alone amongst the blaster fire and confusion. Thats when Maul escaped during Order 66, she just mentioned it passing. Supposedly she had an opportunity to execute Maul when he was captured in the ray shields but chose to save Rex instead and she did not regret her choice despite the kinda mischief and worse Maul could wreak in the galaxy, and one without the Jedi to protect it, it still gnawed at her. She also regretted being on Mandalore instead of being at the Jedi Temple and alongside Anakin, she also wonder why she was alive when she was not the most brightest or powerful Jedi, she contemplated her fate. So Maul's execution and Ahsoka's had to have been almost simultaneous somehow at the hands of her Clone troopers. So am guessing thats when Rex broke from his chip and was attacked by other clones or something, but the book is short on any real details.

Ahsoka also felt nauseated by the thought of the celebration of Empire Day, despite that Mandalore burned during the siege and despite though she, Rex and the others saved most of it, their victory all immediately became undone with tremendous terrible violence of the Imperial takeover & Order 66. But Ahsoka, Rex and Maul all escaped Mandalore and the fresh wave of violence and terror that swept over by the Republic turned Empire.

Saxon appears to be just an opportunist following the war, or he switched during the war which gave him some clout with the Imperial regime.

13. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Why must Sabine's mother be Rook or Bo-Katan? I'd honestly prefer if she turns out to be a new character we haven't seen before who maybe has a connection with one or both of them or something; that would be more original and not feel contrived (but anyway, it will be really interesting to finally meet her and see what she is like).

14. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

If Bo-Katan's fate had already been discussed in a previous venue, then there wouldn't be any reason to bring her character back. But I equate it with the likes of Ahsoka, Rex, and Barriss in that the sudden cancellation of TCW left holes in the story on established characters. Rebels features enough original characters.

Darth Basin likes this.
  15. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Yeah it does look like it will be Rook Kast as this is an image we have of her from the Maul Comic.

[​IMG]

Given that this would have taken place almost twenty years prior to when this Rebels episode happens the look of the new character in Rebels is falling in line quite well for it to be Rook.

Iron_lord likes this.
  16. godisawesome

Dec 14, 2010
    I pointed this out on another thread, but Rook's armor in SOD was one of the most heavily customized among the "Mauldalorians", completely lacking the center segmentation common among standard Mandalorian armor, both male and female, and using hip armor. The fact Sabine's mom has a similar customization on her current suit supports the idea they're the same character, and kind of subtly builds the idea of where Sabine's artistic flair came from; her mom was the Mandalorian experimenting with metallurgy and paint jobs back when that was the "in" thing, and kept it up even after the Empore took over.

It also makes Sabine "owl eyes" helmet design look a bit more like a Clan Kast or Clan Wren symbol.

Iron_lord likes this.
  17. DavrelKex

DavrelKex Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 18, 2016
    Yeah they do.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    It's just not as common as it was in the old days.

Darth Basin likes this.
  19. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    No they don't use swords. A thousand years ago or whatever is not the same thing obviously and was not my point. Otherwise they'd all be carrying around swords on their backs or belts. Only one using a sword was Pre Vizsla, and he was lousy against Kenobi and seemed like he was training somewhat by the time he when up against Ashoka and later Maul, but that may of also been because he was slashed across the face by Darth Tyranus prior to Ahsoka and post Kenobi. Vizsla in all duels used every weapon in his arsenal. As early as Kenobi he ordered his men to intervene cause he was losing badly despite the fact that Kenobi was using the Force against him he was still no match with anything he had. Sabine is obviously training with Kanan/Caleb a Jedi with some skill.

20. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    Be interesting to see what Sabine's feelings are about her mother. If it is Rook Kast Sabine would have been only one or two at the time the Dathomir comic took place. Rook obviously wouldn't have been around much if she was with Maul to begin with and later lead her own militia group.

21. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    She was too young , whatever she knew came to her verbally or visually in the Imperial period not the Maul/Death Watch period which probably still had to be somewhat low key being that Almec was prime minister and Maul was a shadow lord.

22. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015

Yeah I wasn't talking just about the period during the SoD comic. I was talking about the period all throughout Sabine's growing up years. Rook likely wouldn't have been around much to be a parent figure to her so it will be interesting to see what Sabine's feelings are towards her.

23. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    My guess, Old Mandalorians, the warriors of Vizsla's Death Watch and Nite Owls, being cold blooded warriors by trade and culture and all of that kinda thing, so the parents may not have been that lovey-dovey to their offspring. Also its still a lot of conflict and warefare going on. Imperial Mandalore apparently has militarized and instilled nationalism(to the Empire) but still remnants of independence seekers and perhaps tribalist factions exist. So Mandalore seems not so unification as it appears under the Empire.

Sabine they go out've their way to make her empathetic and empathize with others, she painted very heroically but yet also something of a loner - being that rebelled against the ruling party of Mandalore, broke ties with her mother (and her group), no loyalty towards the Empire, went rogue off world and aligning with non-Mandalorians including their ancient enemies the Jedi. She may want her mother's affection & surely seeking validation of some kind as well. Mandalorians and at least Death Watch do not seem aligned with the Rebellion in the OT or post OT. But we shall see. Am curious if they'll have Sabine speak Mando'a to her mom and use subtitles or just use basic.

24. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    So did the regular people in the cities eventually become aware of what really happened with Mandalore? I'm not talking about some people from the clans who were members of Death Watch and then later Bo-Katan's faction and Maul's faction I'm talking about the regular people that Satine, Almec and Vizsla made their big speeches too. As far as the regular people knew Satine was no longer a strong leader in their eyes and Vizsla showed that when he "rescued" them from Maul's forces and as such Satine was put away and he was in charge with Almec as Prime Minister again and second in command. Then Maul killed Vizsla and took over and let Almec be the public face where he said Satine killed Vizsla. We're assuming Almec ruled Mandalore while the Civil War went on while Maul was dealing with Sidious and Dooku in Son of Dathomir and then returned to take his place as leader in the Siege of Mandalore arc before escaping yet again.

By the time of Rebels the Empire is in charge now putting an end seemingly to the conflict bar those who refuse the Empire's rule hence the different factions who associate and don't associate with the Empire. Anyone who was a part of Death Watch or House Vizsla was deemed a traitor by some as shown in Sabine's encounter with the Protectors yet last time we saw Death Watch were heroes at least Pre Vizsla was considered a hero. Then when Maul captures the Ghost crew he tells Sabine she of all of them should trust him as he did rule her people once and when Zeb wonders if that's true Sabine says it is. So unless it was only those who were in on the inside of the conflict who knew the truth that Maul in fact ruled and you could say that was the case for Sabine maybe since her mother was there when Maul took over what does the rest of the planet truly know?

25. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    I don't think their story made that much logical sense. Death Watch members already quickly started fashioning themselves after Maul and Savage, the two public enemies. And Savage actively took a part in the battle leading Pykes and killing Sundari citizens. But supposedly Kenobi didnt put it together either, when he donned the armor of one,lol.

A lot of time would've passed from SOD to Siege of Mandalore. So Maul would've went back to Mandalore and regrouped with what remained of his forces. Death Watch only numbered around 5,000 men officially, they certainly did not have the numbers at that point in time to challenge or stop a massive invasion by the gigantic forces of the Republic and CIS. If Bo-Katan and other Mandalorians were aiding and training the Clones,and the Republic supplying the Mandalorian resistance with funds, parts and weapons ect, then things wouldnt really go so well for Death Watch and Almec who would've been isolated . The Black Sun and Hutts already broke with Maul's Shadow Collective in SOD, Certainly Maul would've had prepared them for an imminent invasion by Sidious whether via the Republic or Separatist forces or both, war was coming. He seems to have awaited his fate on the planet and did not run and he and his forces fought to the bitter end. The whole conflict seems to have ate up a lot of people and the planet burned and a post Maul period followed with more terror and confusion as the Clones would've done their Imperial stuff which is basically Separatist/Imperial style take overs.

Maul still had access to the Vizsla's Keep base(which did not appear used by Death Watch remnants) and his old Gauntlet fighter. Its unclear whether he still had contacts from Death Watch or just buried assets to use again when he needed them, or both.

Right now, we have to wait and see if they actually divulge anything, or just have Sabine go there , talk a little, fight a little and nothing is really learned about the past.