main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008

He was talking about releasing a bill in the coming weeks and then repeal ACA/pass new bill on same day.

He doesn't have a clue about how the legislative process works. Whatever plan he or the GOP release has to be scored by the CBO and go through many provisions. Just look how long it took to craft the ACA and this clown thinks he do all this in what a week.

2. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009

As grim and depressing as a Trump presidency is, at least we've got four years of comedy gold to look forward to.

3. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    It may be actionable by Federal prosecutors soon though...

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  4. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001

Yeah so watch what you say. [face_worried]

Chewgumma, I would trade the jokes for a basic sense of decency like Obama brought to the Office of the Presidency.

5. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008

Agreed.

Obama is an idealistic visionary. Like Kennedy, when he speaks, you come away feeling much better about yourself and the state of the country. Bill is excellent at taking complex issues and breaking it down to the average day American and can sell you on any policy. I mean in 2012, he sold Obama's resume better then Obama did.:p

Ghost likes this.
  6. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
  7. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001

#wattohash

8. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    trending

ShaneP likes this.
  9. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001

[face_party]

No, no social media….we must destroy the bubbles(potentially with nukes). Break down the bubbles! Remember Obama!

SuperWatto likes this.
  10. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  11. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
  12. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
  13. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009

So would I, but in dark times we need to squeeze out as much light as we possibly can.

[​IMG]

And Donald Trump just happens to be a satirist's dream. He's the goldmine that will never run dry.

Darkslayer likes this.
  14. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    There's an old saying in sales: you can't squeeze water from a turnip. Sometimes things are just bad and there is no silver lining.

15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  16. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
  17. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    I know what clinched the US elections, people. I've figured it out.

Google auto-complete.

Without it, possible Trump voters would have gone: Br... Brite... Briet...

Chewgumma and Ender Sai like this.
  18. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    [​IMG]

appleseed likes this.
  19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    [face_rofl]

"Would never watch degrading sex acts"

"Grab her by the *****"

You were saying, Donald?

20. Darth Nerdling

Darth Nerdling Force Ghost star 4

Mar 20, 2013
    My guess is that Trump thinks there's something out there that can get him -- tax evasion, colluding with the Russians, urinegate, whatever. That's why he attacked the intelligence agencies for this.

The intelligence agencies clearly didn't leak this opposition research. Many groups of journalists have had access to it for months. Still, Trump is going out of his way to discredit those agencies and blame them for its release. This could be his way of preemptively undercutting the investigations of government agencies of his past, present, or future corruption.

I doubt they'll be able to pin anything on Trump with the Russian stuff. It's impossible to know what's real and what's false in Russia.

That they won't get him for that probably won't matter. Trump's refusal to divest himself from his businesses will inevitably lead to an epic level of corruption, and probably far worse. Companies and countries will stay at Trump DC to curry favor. Countries hostile to the US will stay in Trump tower just to make it look like Trump is friendly to those countries. Every building with the name Trump on it around the world will become a top target for terrorists. Tenants lives will be endangered, and think of the different type of response Trump will have if the target is Holiday Inn Abu Dubai vs Trump Hotel Abu Dubai. It would be no response vs a huge military intervention threatening tons of lives.

And with all the stories of HRC corruption, how much time did the media spend on this source of corruption that will be 100X worse?

Darkslayer, Rew and appleseed like this.
  21. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004

How dare you draw an analogy of a facist dictator so cavalierly!!! [face_devil]

Iron_lord likes this.
  22. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    I think I've written before about how Trump found safety by way of having so much negativity in his past that no one thing could stand out. He's done so many wrong things in his life (ethnically, financially, criminally, and so on) that he's paradoxically kept safe by the collective weight of it. It's counterintuitive on the surface, and makes more sense when you think about it.

Darkslayer and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  23. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    tbf CNN is terrible

TX-20 and Ghost like this.
  24. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    While CNN is not awesome in terms of news in my opinion either, I think there's a very big difference between identifying news outlets that aren't great at news and outlets that peddle in fake news (i.e. Breitbart, etc.).

There is a pretty serious distinction there.

25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    CNN is sensationalist as hell. But the President-elect of the United States still needs to politely take its reporters' questions.

Darkslayer, TX-20, Rew and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.