main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RunDisney Star Wars Events

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by Guidman , Jan 11, 2017.

1. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    The third annual RunDisney Star Wars Light Side Half Marathon is this weekend at Disneyland. Has anyone participated in one in the past and how was your experience with it?

2. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    That sounds pretty cool! Running in SW costumes, right? Or is it a normal run and they added SW somehow?

You see, I haven't been there, so I can't tell you anything about it. You want to participate?

Guidman likes this.
  3. Guidman

Dec 29, 2016
    They have three races throughout the weekend, 5k, 10k, and half marathon. They have one event at Disneyland in January and one at Disneyworld in April. I'm doing the 10k and half marathon at Disneyworld in April. From what I've seen a lot of people dress up in costumes. They have characters from the movies throughout the course too. I'm looking forward to it a lot.

It's a pretty big race too. I think I read last year at Disneyworld they had over 40k people throughout the three races.

4. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    That are really many runners!! With a lot of them wearing a costume it must be much fun. If you want to participate with a costume, I'd just check to not run the distance in high heels or in a Chewie dress or so. ;)

5. Guidman

Dec 29, 2016
    Yeah, we can rule out me running in high heels or wearing a chewie dress for it.

6. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Ok, then we made the first step and know which costumes won't work for you. ;) :p

If that helps in finding a good costume (if any), I don't know. :p