main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Classics Droids: The Adventures of R2-D2 and C-3PO

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Alabak, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999

Absolutely! I'm in my 40's, and was a young teen when Droids/Ewoks made it's debut in Fall 1985. It was nice that SW was still "alive" to some extent, even though the last film (ROTJ) had come out two years beforehand. Other than these cartoons & the two Ewok made-for-TV movies (1984 & 1985), there wasn't a lot of other new material coming out. (I remember talking to a friend several years later (a fellow SW fan) who claimed that, unfortunately, SW was 'dead' by the late '80's).

Those cartoons were also a nice complement to the 1985 "Power of the Force" toys that came out that year. There was an "Ewok Battle Wagon" toy that was also in one of the episodes, and the "A Wing Fighter" came out in "Droids" packaging, since it was both in ROTJ & Droids. There was also an interesting line of Droids & Ewoks figures.

2. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    My idea is we see Thall Joben, Jord Dusat and Kea Moll as Rebel couriers. They work as a speeder race team that works the race circuit to move information and material to route to the Alliance. You have those 3, the Sand Sloth freighter as their base, the White Witch race speeder, and use the Chopper concept art of a domed later C model (C2, C3??) astro droid with all original parts.

Trebor Sabreon and Ewok Poet like this.
  3. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014

This would make for a great, great tie-in.

4. Kez-Iban

Kez-Iban Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2012
  5. Kez-Iban

Sep 4, 2012
    This was posted elsewhere on the boards, but a cool thing that Droids fans will notice about this is the mention of Tammuz-an owning the original A-wing prototypes. I guess this means that Tammuz-an and their A-Wing fleet are now canon again![​IMG]

6. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    She's already canon, because of that thing with Kes Dameron. Now we only need Latara to be canon! I know that somebody, somewhere, mentioned that she will be used in whatever media as a guerilla fighter type, but I can't remember...

B3 likes this.
  7. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The Pirates and the Prince arc got me started on SW. Good to a mention of that arc

MercenaryAce and TCF-1138 like this.
  8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    That would not mean the whole squad is canon.

9. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Just re-watched the Roon arc of Droids, because I needed to straighten out some details for a fanfic. I enjoyed it very much, the cautionary tale about greed is the sort that resonates with kids and adults alike. Not to mention that I find it superior to the other two arcs. Perhaps I need to re-watch those two, too.

Anyway, I came up with "Roon event horizon" when I first drafted some stuff in 2015. Now I see that it must've been my invention, as there's nothing in the cartoon that boldly suggests there being one. Am I thinking about some sort of a twilight zone here? O_O

Findswoman likes this.
  10. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    "Scientists have theorized that this has something to do with the interference of Roon's event horizon with navigational systems, and late in the Galactic Civil War, the area above the graveyard was designated a no-fly zone."
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bantha_Graveyard
    :)

Ewok Poet likes this.
  11. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    We determined that the term was erroneously used elsewhere. :) But thanks, still.

12. AniSkylover

AniSkylover Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 5, 2001
    MercenaryAce and Ewok Poet like this.
  13. Kez-Iban

Sep 4, 2012
    Ewok Poet likes this.
  14. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
  15. CernStormrunner

CernStormrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2000
    is there anywhere online that i can find a good, clean version of the DROIDS "In Trouble Again" theme? My mom loved that song and the only things i can find sound like they were recorded inside an old coffee can.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  16. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I so, so, so second your request.

17. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    I'm pretty sure the best quality youtube video of the intro sounds as good as it ever did from the available sources unfortunately.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  18. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    I heard recently the the Fromms were mentioned in a canon source? Have any other things from Droids been made canon? Let's start a list.

19. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    have to say, R2/3PO, that group of droids in Siege of Mandalore arc, IG-11, K2-SO, D-Squad, etc, they make me wish there was a new Droids tv show. Could even be like 11 min stories too.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  20. Kez-Iban

Sep 4, 2012
  21. Gary1

Gary1 Jedi Master

Dec 11, 2008
    Thought this was an interesting find and haven’t seen this R2-D2 & C-3PO appearance before
    Star Wars R2-D2 & C-3PO with Tony Danza (1985) - ABC Saturday Sneak Peek & Fun Fit Test

Also might be of interest, Ewoks and Droids promo montage and Star Wars Droids & Ewoks UK VHS Promos

Ewok Poet, Riv_Shiel and MrDarth0 like this.
  22. Like the old Droids cartoon and obscure EU lore

23. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    The Star Wars Vintage Collection - including Droids - finally arrives on Swedish Disney+ on June 18th! [face_party]

24. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    yah I saw a UK DisneyPlus post that says Droids in June. And here it says it's on Canada too June 4th Although sometimes different regions get different things due to rights issues but you'd figure Droids will land worldwide on DisneyPlus. I mean, I'm pretty sure nobody else owns it but Disney. Maybe they just didn't stick it with the vintage collection drop cuz it would have gotten lost/overshadowed the other content. Droids is good enough! And I'm pretty sure we're gonna get it. I'm in Trouble Again!

Last edited: May 28, 2021
  25. Kez-Iban

Sep 4, 2012
    Checked this morning for Droids on Disney plus, and no luck. The link that the previous poster shared said that it was supposed to be added today in Canada. The wait continues.