main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The One Canon - the Legends Defence Force - From Endor to Jakku - Legends friendly timeline is up!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Sinrebirth , Sep 20, 2015.

1. adve

adve Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2016
    Expanded Universe will always be true canon. Kathleen Kennedy and Lucasfilm can trash 30+ years of canon and make a crappy disneyverse, but ultimately it comes down to the fans.

2. Darth Rozic

Darth Rozic Jedi Master star 3

Dec 27, 2015
    Sinrebirth your One Canon intrigues me. I started coming up with my own that is less compendious than yours. After all I've scarcely read any Legacy comics.

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    If you need a hand let me know!

The Clone Wars retcon is my only real cheat (shoving 3 years into 1), insofar as much the Clone Wars shoved 30 months into 7 weeks with aplomb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PCCViking likes this.
  4. Darth Rozic

Darth Rozic Jedi Master star 3

Dec 27, 2015
    Thanks!
    Now I just need to find a place to post what I have[face_thinking]

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Put it in here! People may like it :)

PCCViking likes this.
  6. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Granted, this doesn't cover the timeline of Endor to Jakku, but could be part of the One Canon. Here's a Clone Wars/Republic Commando series possibility:

Sometime before the Siege of Mandalore arc (which I believe is supposed to take place at the same time as Revenge of the Sith), Captain Rex gets into contact with Kal Skirata and a member from both Omega and Delta Squads. He tells them about the chip, which gives Skirata even more incentive to get his "boys" out from under the Republic/Jedi thumb as soon as possible.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  7. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I absently wonder about the chip. I note that it was mainly Arcs that did not leave. Perhaps they did not have the chip?

8. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014

Possibly.

9. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    I hated the chip retcon it completely cheapened order 66

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  10. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Well the order was already pretty cheap though, considering far more named Jedi survived than died, at least in ledgends.

11. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    An order of ten thousand about 200 survived pretty successful purge if you ask me

spicer and PCCViking like this.
  12. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Named Jedi, Invictus. Anedon distinguished.

And 7000 Jedi were alive as of Order 66, 200 afterwards.

13. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    I'm pretty sure it was 10,000 if you count the agricultural sector for the Jedi failures.

14. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I don't believe we ever had a number for those. Did we?

15. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Do we even have a confirmation that they were killed?
    I mean most farmers were probably in a safe distance to clone troopers when the order was given.

16. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Hundred to thousands I'm sure, not to mention the medical sector some Jedi went into as well.

I know Vader did go after some the Agri Jedi failures.

17. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Tremayne being among them.

18. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    I think that 10 000 Jedi prior to Order 66 is the official number in both Legends and canon. In canon that is mentioned by Kanan in Rebels. Can't remember the source for Legends though...

Anedon likes this.
  19. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    One of the TPM VD's, though the AotC VD said a thousand had died by then, and then LoE said a thousand masters and a thousand Padawans had died.

spicer likes this.
  20. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Am I the only one who finds that number far to high?
    I mean in AotC Mace says he will aid Obi Wan with all available Jedi and he has around 50 with him later on Genonosis.
    Even if we are generous and say in total he took 100 with him that is an incredibly small part of the order.
    I think an order of tenthozsand would have more fighters available.

21. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Ten thousand Jedi to cover 1.2 million member world's and 50 million colony world's...?

Two hundred Jedi were available in the Temple, including most of the Council Masters.

180-odd Jedi were killed.

That was a pretty decent amount all things considering.

22. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    I just had a thought last night of two events that could have proven the difference between the old EU and the new EU.

First, with the exception of the Solo twins and Ben Solo, it assumes that people and places that existed in the old EU, also exist in the new canon (Thrawn being one of them), but different fates had rippling effects.

Let's begin with Gallius Rax: as we know, he was entrusted by Palpatine to safeguard/be involved with a project on Jakku. Then, post-Endor, he implements a plan that quickly causes the Empire to break down into warlordism and be swept up by the New Republic. He aids the NR as The Operator, with the idea to reorganize the Empire into something different, more effective. These plans eventually culminate in the Battle of Jakku, and the establishment of the First Order and could affect the emergence of Snoke, depending of he is an Apocalypse/Imhotep-type figure (awaken from Jakku).

Now, Gallius Rax would also exist in Legends, but he meets a different fate somehow. He doesn't survive to Endor, and therefore can't implement his plans. The Galactic Civil War proceeds as normal: still warlordism, but at a slower, steadier pace, forcing the New Republic to engage in years of campaign. Without Snoke being awakened, maybe that also allows the Reborn Emperor to launch his plans re: Dark Empire.

Next, the promotion of Grand Admiral Thrawn. In Legends, he isn't promoted until shortly before the Battle of Hoth. He's only a Senior Captain in Choices of One, but is a Grand Admiral by the time of the short story, Side Trip (co-written by Zahn and Stackpole). However, as we see in Rebels, he's already a Grand Admiral, which means his promotion happened a few years earlier. How would this prove the difference? Well, by being GA earlier, he would be assigned or entrusted with a campaign/mission that could end fatally for him. Conversely, in the other timeline, he's not yet GA, and therefore either the mission/campaign doesn't happen, or is entrusted to another Grand Admiral. He's promoted as usual, then "exiled" to the Unknown Regions, only to return a few years after Endor.

Obviously, this theory doesn't take into account major events like the Yuuzhan Vong War, but could deal with smaller, more "minor" incidents like the events of Children of the Jedi and The Corellian Trilogy (perhaps agents of the First Order telling the Sacorrian Triad and Sal-Solo to cease with their plans).

All in all, it's just a thought about the theory of the butterfly effect, how two small events could have long-ranging and galactic consequences.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  23. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Interesting.

I generally think you could condense the differences and the root cause of them to one word; Jakku.

Snoke appears as if he may be bound up with it. Rax is from it. The war ends at Jakku. The next war begins again there. And so on.

darklordoftech and PCCViking like this.
  24. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014

And as been mentioned before, I wouldn't be surprised if Jakku is the new Ruusan.

darklordoftech and Sinrebirth like this.
  25. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Perhaps we could use the dreamer dreaming theory, basically Star Wars being a work of imagination and myth and mind and soul we could say Legends and Canon represent different dreams.

Anedon likes this.