main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Guess The Donald's Resignation Date

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Punk , Feb 1, 2017.

1. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    He won't last. Guess the date Trump resigns as President. If you like, for extra flavour, you can make a prediction on the reason for his resignation.

Closest to the date wins.

Make these boards great again

2. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    He's gonna have a resignation?

3. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    I probably should also include impeachment, and assassination

4. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    I think removal under the 25th amendment is as likely (or more so) as anything else. Also, I would be wary of including any method of leaving office that starts with an "a," particularly right now.

5. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Not really, law of averages and all that

6. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Guys place don't make me find/rewrite that 7 stages of donald denial with a "You are here" thing again

Juliet316, Asplundhe, Rew and 3 others like this.
  7. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Why would the Donald go? He's America in a person.

tom, WriterMan, yeurgh and 2 others like this.
  8. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Yeah, if it happens at all, that's probably the most plausible route. Trump is sufficiently unpopular even with most Republicans that I guess it could happen.

9. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Okay, well, to take your thread seriously, and predict a date as to when Trump will no longer be president, I'm gonna say: January 20, 2025. He'll get a second term.

10. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    Oh well in that case, my prediction is for March 17th, 2039...when he dies of old age.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  11. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001

Do you really think he would resign?

How about the date he leaves office or is overthrown?

September 23rd. In the Autumn. ;)

Definitely after the Summer.

12. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Any prediction on how he leaves office is fine

Ender Sai likes this.
  13. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001

I'm beginning to gravitate to KnightWriter's "mental instability/incapacity to serve" clause of the 25th amendment.

Guy can't even have a decent phone call with an ally.

14. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Mistreating allies isn't new though.

Chewgumma, jp-30 and Darth Punk like this.
  15. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    I predict he'll be out about six months after he starts interfering with the markets. I'm gonna say 10th Dec 2017

16. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    True, but apparently he can't even get far enough to mistreat them. Had an hour scheduled to talk to Turnbull and talked for 30 minutes.

Darth Punk, how is he going to interfere with the markets exactly?

17. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    Don't be ridiculous. Allies are countries that share our values and interests. Countries like Russia...and not Australia.

18. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Audited out of office

Master_Lok and Rylo Ken like this.
  19. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I'm thinking he overdoses on cocaine and taco bowls in year three rather than resigning.

Edit: Oh, right, I need a specific date. September 4, 2019.

20. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    /\ He still has that sniffing thing.

21. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    I have my faith in the American people, in the American system and in God that always bless America. [face_flag] So naturally I expect Donald to last a full eight years as president.

CT-867-5309, BigAl6ft6 and Ender Sai like this.
  22. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    For starters, how about trade wars with China, Mexico, and Germany

Building a wall between Murica and Mexico will shrink the labour force, and affect GDP. Most likely cause food prices to go up, as farms depend heavily on cheap immigrant labour. Don't forget, immigrants spend money too, so lower revenues for American business there.

One other factor that could affect markets, is if The Donald starts making a habit of ruling by decree. This visa debacle, and the firing of Sally Yates, have shown him to be someone who acts first, and worries about the finer details later (if at all).

Markets don't like **** like that, especially not coming from the US president.

Ender Sai and EHT like this.
  23. lexu

lexu Force Ghost star 6

May 28, 2002
    Jan 20, 2021. He'll finish out his first term, but I predict that within months he'll only be a loud, obnoxious figurehead who spends a lot of time on vacation. The Republicans will use him and let him do just enough of his crazy stuff to distract from their crazy stuff, like screwing with Medicare and cutting taxes for the mega wealthy. They might do something about Bannon--they know they need to tamp down on this alt-right nonsense before the next election cycle comes around. Pence and Priebus (or whoever replaces Priebus after he storms out) will keep the White House together behind the scenes, although it will still be hyper chaotic with leaks and lots of turnover. The global community will learn to ignore his crazy talk the way they mostly ignore North Korea's. Real diplomacy will happen in back channels, much as it already does. Democrats will also use his term to get the younger generation riled up and hopefully improve voter turnout, though given the state of voter suppression and gerrymandering it's still going to be tough to regain many seats in 2018. Lots of progressive values will face setbacks, but popular opinion has changed quite a bit on social issues, so I don't think we're going to be going back in time too far--unless you live in the south, then you're boned, but what else is new. I suspect coastal states will actually gain a lot in terms of progressive policies (really, they already are) and the rest of the country will play catch up in a decade, as usual. It'll be a sucky four years for environmental issues, but let's be honest: we haven't been doing anywhere near enough to actually change course on climate change, so it won't make much of a difference. Trump's supporters will probably largely lose interest within four years. Republicans will be the ones facing an endless barrage of criticism on healthcare and social security and failed promises to reign in spending. Because of that, the embarrassment moderate Republicans are experiencing over Trump, and because of the fact that Trump only won the electoral college due to some 80k votes, I think it's a pretty good bet Dems take back the White House in 2020. They probably won't improve their message much or find any slam dunk candidates, but as long as it's someone reasonably palatable to those disenfranchised conservatives, unlike Clinton, they'll win. (hint hint Elizabeth Warren)

I mean, part of me hopes there's some kind of crazy coup and popular uprising, but this scenario is probably the most likely because it's the most beneficial for the markets. Unless there's a really serious crisis, but even then chances are Mattis and Pence will just quietly lock Trump in a closet for a while.

...That's a really boring answer. I apologize.

Diggy , tom, CT-867-5309 and 4 others like this.
  24. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    No, not boring at all. Quite hilarious actually

25. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Next Thursday.

Master_Lok and Darth Punk like this.