main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The All-New Senate All-New Social Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by SuperWatto, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Outstanding! Well done, sir![face_dancing]=D=[face_party]

In more nerd-tastic news, I've done something that I've never done before, which is to see a Star Wars movie on the big screen on my birthday :p :-B

2. J-Rod

J-Rod Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 28, 2004
    That's the best!! Happy birthday!

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  3. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    Joyous Naw-Ruz/Happy New Year/Have a Lovely Spring Equinox!

Violent Violet Menace and Ghost like this.
  4. J-Rod

Jul 28, 2004
    On the lighter side, I stepped up to a big boy bike. :cool: A 2016 Softail Heritage! Just got it this Saturday. [face_dancing]
    [​IMG]

5. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    I'm procrastinating getting back to work after a four day weekend off the grid, so I'll cut and paste this on the various social threads:

I've spent the last few days in fellowship and prayer in the middle of Nebraska with people from Germany, Tanzania, Iran, China, and a host of other nations. I've played with -and watched play- children whose names are blends of nations. I've seen people whose minds are so keen that they study doctorate level math and physics alongside people whose disabilities leave them unable to speak or walk. And in all of this...

I still came across someone wearing the exact same Star Wars shirt and cargo shorts :-B

6. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012

Nice! You gotta ditch those stock pipes though man. Also Amber Whiskey is my favorite Harley stock paint color...aside from Denim Black but I'm biased.

Here are my babies:[​IMG]

J-Rod likes this.
  7. J-Rod

Jul 28, 2004
    Sporties are awesome!!! And the Springer Softail is great! Did it start as a springer?

And don't worry, those pipes were just for break in. I'm putting 100.18 Ft. Lbs to the rear wheel!
    [​IMG]

8. Mortimer Snerd

Dec 27, 2012
    No, the springer is from an '09 Crossbones, the rear fender is from a '12 Fatboy, taillight removed, opening filled, and the integrated brake/turn signals are actually stock. The bike itself is a '13 Softail Slim. Oh yeah and my seat and pillion are from a Heritage, although when I took that picture it still had the Mustang seat that it came with. When people ask "What kind of Softail is that?" I say "All of them."

Yeah I love Sporties. The only thing I don't like about mine is that it's an '06 so it's not fuel-injected, but I deal with it. The neighbors don't like me warming it up at full choke at 6:30 in the morning though, haha.

Edit: What exhaust is that? Reminds me of the Thunderheader 2-1 but it looks meatier.

9. J-Rod

Jul 28, 2004
    It's a Vance&Hines Pro Pipe. It's not very loud but lots of power.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My last two Sporties! Fast fast fasst!!!!
    How did I not know that you ride??

Mortimer Snerd likes this.
  10. Mortimer Snerd

Dec 27, 2012
    Nice Iron! Or is that a 48? Some sweet mods that's for sure. I see you had the Sundowner 2-up seat on that first one. My Sporty came with the same one and it was super comfy. I swapped it out because I thought it looked like a couch cushion, haha.

And I don't know...I do know we're overdue for a bike thread around here. Eh...too many cagers I guess.

I wanna do a tank lift, coil relocation, and flip the mirrors on the Sporty, I think it'd look wicked.

11. J-Rod

Jul 28, 2004
    She was a Nightster. Almost $22,000 by the time I was done with her. Sexy scooter. But I met my wife in 2011 and she really took to riding and I just couldn't put the miles on it that she wanted to do. So I tried the 1200T. But man, I'm 47, not 27. I shouldn't have a Sportster as a main ride at this point in my life. I just crossed 200lbs, for crying out loud! So after 11 years I went back to the Big Inch. That woman saved my life.

And I've seen Sportsters lifted and the coils moved. Great look! Is that an 883L? I assume it has a 1200 kit? If not that's a great investment.

12. Mortimer Snerd

Dec 27, 2012
    Nope, she's a 1200 Low. I have to admit that with the 4.5 gallon tank I'm questioning the wisdom of a tank lift. It looks so much better with a peanut tank. I wanna chop the rear fender too.

Time and money are key, however. So many projects....

13. J-Rod

Jul 28, 2004
    No doubt you'll have to swap the tank. The cases looked like brushed aluminum. I thought the 883 was brushed and the 1200 was chromed. But those models have been gone a while and I ain't as sharp as I once was. LOL!

14. Mortimer Snerd

Dec 27, 2012
    I think you're right, that just isn't the best picture. Here's a better one of the Sporty:

[​IMG]

15. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Today was apparently the 13th anniversary of me registering here as Ghost on October 13th 2003, back when I was 14!
    (originally Darth-Ghost... though my first username created here was ben_07 in 2002 until I grew tired of people thinking my name was actually Ben... it was for Ben Skywalker).

16. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    I'll always remember your sojourn as Summer Dreamer

17. J-Rod

Jul 28, 2004
    SuperWatto likes this.
  18. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Those are some awesome Bikes.

J-Rod likes this.
  19. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    A fun article on Slate from two years ago that describes America and the midterm elections in the same manner and vernacular as news articles usually use to describe events or elections happening in other countries.
    If it Happened There

Rylo Ken likes this.
  20. J-Rod

Jul 28, 2004
    Hey hey! Look who has 25 years clean and sober!

21. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    Congratulations!

J-Rod likes this.
  22. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Congrats, J-Rod.
    I just watched your unboxing video, loved it.

J-Rod likes this.
  23. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Nice one J-Rod

J-Rod likes this.
  24. J-Rod

Jul 28, 2004
    HA! Cool. I love that kind of stuff! But holy gee I'm getting fat! Thanks for checking it out! In real life I'm a jovial guy.

25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Nice work. That is not easy.

J-Rod likes this.