main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Oya manda!: The Mandalorian/Republic Commando Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by The_Mandalorian_, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Loving the 2D art. Now I wish we'd seen more Tartakovsky-style Mandos in the Clone Wars micro-series.

2. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Not everyone, just the ones I disagree with and have time for :p

More seriously, as a member of house Kryze it is my duty to point out your hypocrisy and the tragedy of constantly seeking war for wars sake.
    House Kryze, we turned our back to war.

EDIT: wait this is not the Aliit ori'shya tal'din, I guess you can ignore the above comment. What point in this thread am I arguing about?

Going by what's canon now a-day, why do you think that.

I am not trying to argue with you, just want to know why you have that opinion.
    Shame, shame, shame

:p
    It seems to not be available in my country :(

3. E. L.Knight

E. L.Knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2012

I had heard rumors they wanted to make it that he and Boba were going to be painted as Mercs who just use the armor with no Mandalorian connections. At least it seems like the Mando'a Karen Traviss helped build seems to remain consistent.

Sinrebirth and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  4. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Hopefully they keep the Mandalorian connections with the Fetts. Hopefully.

As for this comment:

I would say this is generally correct. However, the situation and objectives determine the tactics used. Bombing would be useless if its essential to keep the enemy's area intact and relatively free of damage for any reason.

Of course, you can also find a way to pull them away from their original location then proceed to either ambush or bomb them contently. Everything depends, my friends!

Mitth_Fisto and Sinrebirth like this.
  5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    To be fair what it was to be Mandalorian was defined by Satine and the New Mandalorians.

To Satine, Jango was not a Mandalorian.

But to Viszla, neither Jango or Satine and Mandalorians.

So the suggestion Jango is not a Mandalorian is purely a product of the times, in universe.

Boba of course doesn't embrace his Mandalorian heritage for some time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    And what does the God-Emperor think? [face_mischief]

Sinrebirth likes this.
  7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    They're all Mandalorians.

It's as bad as Bane and Andeddu deciding Krayt is a fake Sith. Completely redundant. They're dead; he's alive.

8. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

The irony of Bane and Andeddu's opinion about Krayt is that his One Sith seemed to have a similar opinion of Jacen/Caedus.

E. L.Knight likes this.
  9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I don't vare about if Jango was a mando or not. But why you who want him to have been one want that? Just wondering

10. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Because he's Mand'alor. He epitomises what a Mandalorian is, auretiise.

PCCViking and E. L.Knight like this.
  11. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Really? And yes I am asking that in RL. In Ledgends he did not really do a good job and what in the new canon has he done that makes him the epitomises what a Mandalorian is?

12. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Ordo N-11 likes this.
  13. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012
    If Jango is not Mandalorian, then the Mandalorian connections to the Clone /troopers is weakened considerably, as is the fact they chose Jango in the first place.

14. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    But how strong is the Mandalorian connections to the Clone troopers in the new canon?

Also: E. L.Knight Why do you think the fact they chose Jango is weakened by him not being a mando?

15. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012
    If I recall correctly, the connections to the mandos was mantianed a good bit in The Clone Wars tv series.

and Jango not being a Mandalorian weakens the fact he was chosen because Mandalorians were about the only Non-Force Wielding sentiments that could take a Jedi or Sith on and survive. Jango is considered the BEST Mandalorian of his age and was thus chosen as the clone template because of that.

16. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    And if he was a non-Mando, even in Legends, why would he pick 75 Mandalorians to teach the clones? Even former Death Watch members at that?

PCCViking and E. L.Knight like this.
  17. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    The dictionary notes that a constable would be addressed as alor, the same as any chieftain or officer, but there doesn't appear to be a specific word on the books for police, cop, or lawman. I'd suggest naak'abur—essentially "keeper of the peace"—for individual cops, while the law enforcement organization known as the Mandalorian Guard can be translated to Mando Aran.

While TCW may be a part of both continuities, the Legends universe via the New Battlefronts and Bounty Hunter Code guides, takes the definitive stand that Jango Fett absolutely is Mandalorian, and Almec's dismissal of him is nothing more than political posturing born of the Prime Ministers' frustration with the wider galaxy's insistence on conflating the New Mandalorians with the traditional warrior clans.

Now new canon just needs to get it together.

18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Okey. Can you give any examples? [face_batting] Because I don't remember any and I like to look up the things I have missed

Beside the other groups that could do that...

B.t.w. this makes me think [face_thinking] what Sith do we know of that has been taken down by Mandalorians?
    Even in the Legends, where Jango was officially a mando, my impression was that his cultural background had little to do with him being chosen. It was all about what HE had done.

Thanks. But if I wanted to use the plural form of naak'abur how would that look? Or more specific: if I wanted an organisation called the Rohlan Peace-Keepers what would that be in mando'a?

Also, while I am at it: what could you call a somebody with a similar duty to a detective in mando'a?

19. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012

The general rule for pluralization in Mando'a is the addition of an -e after a consonant, or an -se after a vowel: one naak'abur becomes several naak'abure. A group called the Rohlan Peace-Keepers would be the Naak'abure Rohlan.

A detective would be an uluror.

Contessa and Gamiel like this.
  20. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012
    I don't remember anything specific, honestly. I think I remember one of the Clone centered episodes had them talking about Mandalorians.

And he was capable because he was raised and trained as a Mandalorian.

21. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    If you rember it, give me a call :)

22. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012

Or you could try finding it yourself.

23. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Grand Admiral Paxis has got his hand on FFG's Friends Like These and told us some of the details that stood out for him. I thought two of the things he mentioned would be of interest over here

Sinrebirth and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    A follow up on the above post, some art with mandalorians (or at least people in mando armour) from Friends Like These

Mitth_Fisto and E. L.Knight like this.
  25. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Given that the Galaxy was largely at peace for a thousand years, I wonder how there was enough mercenary work for an entire culture....multiple entire cultures if one includes the Mandos various rivals such as the Sun Guard and Nova Guard.

(In reference to that quote anyway. Most sources that go into Mando culture in any depth acknowledge that most Mandalorians hold down normal jobs like farmers and factory workers and the like. Still can't help but wonder if at least some people went over to the New Mandalorian faction more out of a lack of mercenary and bounty hunter work than any concrete ideological stance - Obi-Wan and Satine's first talk does establish that she did a lot to boost the economy)

E. L.Knight and Gamiel like this.