main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit GENERAL QUESTION THREAD (What to read? Where to start? What's canon? What's not? Duros, etc.)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Ya, a friend recommended Allegiance too me. Outbound Flight definitely sounds the most interesting, since it's both a prequel to the Thrawn trilogy (am I right there?) and a story set between TPM and AOTC (which I definitely want more of, right now the only thing I have is the Anakin/Obi-Wan comic).

2. Snax Rebo

Snax Rebo Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2017
    You guys are lucky. I'd love to have the ability to read for more than 2 or 3 hours. [face_laugh]

Force Smuggler and Darkslayer like this.
  3. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Too busy or just not a big fan of reading?

Snax Rebo likes this.
  4. Snax Rebo

Feb 1, 2017
    Oh no, I love reading, but my free time tends to come later at night when I'm more likely to fall asleep.

Force Smuggler and Darkslayer like this.
  5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I try to turn off the screens (PC and TV) at least two hours before bedtime, partly because I've read the blue light from them can disturb sleep (I tend toward insomnia so I don't need that added problem). I spend that time reading.

Snax Rebo likes this.
  6. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    So has there ever been any confirmation on whether or not General Madine survived the Liberation Day attacks in Life Debt? It would kind of suck if he died ignominiously in BOTH continuities.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  7. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    I couldn't find the thread for the (canceled :() Star Wars: The Essential Characters, so I'll post this here instead. The incredible Doug Wheatley posted two unfinished versions of the cover
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I hope that LFL and/or MARVEL gives this man a job in Star Wars. Aside from the cover to A New Dawn, and a handful of illustrations for that Kanan/Hera short story in SW Insider, it seems he's been forgotten. Oh, and I hope that this character guide gets released some day. More Legends? Yes please! Or at the very least, get re-purposed for the canon.

Kylun likes this.
  8. bhagavandas

bhagavandas Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 21, 2016
    Morning! In which sequence I should start reading The Last Padawan comics??

Enviado de meu XT1563 usando Tapatalk

9. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    Anybody read KENOBI by John Jackson Miller? Thoughts on it?

Jedi Ben and Darth Dnej like this.
  10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I read it when it came out in HC - I enjoyed it. I'm also currently between books 2 & 3 for his Prey series for ST. Those aren't bad if you like Klingons.

11. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    You're talking about the Kanan comics right? Read them in release order.

spicer, bhagavandas and Taalcon like this.
  12. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    This. While each arc has a flashback story set at different points in the past, it is designed to be read in order, there's an overarching present-day story throughout all issues, and there are moments in the earlier-set flashback scene that rely on recognition from having read the later-set flashback scenes that occurred in earlier issues.

13. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Question time because I'm confused.

Is [​IMG] considered to be a DC-15s or a DC-15a in new canon? In the old EU it was a dc-15s. But now it's a DC-15a with the rifle just being a DC-15. IS THIS CORRECT?

14. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Beside dogs and vornskrs, what domesticable animals that are/can be used for tracking do we know of?

15. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    The T'surr spicers from Telerath apparently used this reptile for such a purpose:
    [​IMG]
    The species of the reptile is unknown. It appeared in Dark Times: Blue Harvest #4.

Barriss_Coffee and Gamiel like this.
  16. Snax Rebo

Feb 1, 2017
    Massiffs, as well as Anooba. Embo kept one of the latter as a pet.

[​IMG]

Barriss_Coffee and Gamiel like this.
  17. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    What if in 33 BBY, a ship with Palpatine, Maul, Dooku, and Plagueis on it got blown up?

18. Snax Rebo

Feb 1, 2017
    I imagine the Republic would eventually collapse under it's own corruption.

19. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Not sure I agree. The Republic's corruption had been pushed for a thousand years by the Banite Sith in the shadows. It's at least possible that people like Padme, the Bails, and Valorum could have saved it with the Sith out of the picture (Cloak of Deception certainly makes this case).

Jedi Ben, Gorefiend and Gamiel like this.
  20. BadCane

BadCane Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2015
    Just read Star Wars #19 and

why the hell did Leia let Aphra go? I mean, the in universe explanation is not really convincing. Leia just let her go because she promised to do good? C'mon... The way I see it, that's was forced so she could get back to the Vader comic.

Thoughts?

21. Snax Rebo

Feb 1, 2017
    Leia took her word on it and tries to see the good in people (as evident in the second SW annual). But, as you can tell, it really wasn't the best choice.

BadCane likes this.
  22. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013

Great book. It really brought Obi-Wan down to earth. It's on the long side, but it's worth reading.

23. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    Strills are tracking hounds used by Mandalorians. Akk Hounds were used by Stormtroopers for sniffing out organics.

24. Snax Rebo

Feb 1, 2017
    Is the D in dark side/dark sider capitalized? I can never figure out if I want to capitalize it or not.

25. Valryk

Valryk Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 27, 2016
    Are there more novels/comics that feature Vader as main character and delve into his thoughts similar to Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader? Might I mention I already read Lords of the Sith and his Marvel comic.

spicer likes this.