main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Snoke Theories

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Lulu Mars, Aug 6, 2016.

1. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    I heard that too. (Audio Book). While I think Rax is not Snoke he may of "discovered" him.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Rax also said very explicitly that "the Empire needs children" and told Brendol Hux to go find Hux's bastard son, Armitage who grows up to be this guy

[​IMG]

So, if anything, Rax is definitely a core founder of at least the ethos of the First Order, I do like the notion that Rax could have been instrumental in finding Snoke. But I think it'd be pretty awesome if Rax is Snoke and we've all been getting a chunk of Snoke's backstory even though we didn't even know it at the time.

Darth Basin likes this.
  3. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    Any chance I can a few more thoughts from my fellow theorists? It's my longest posts in years... would love to get some feedback. [face_nail_biting]

4. Ewan Tibbetts

Ewan Tibbetts Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 13, 2016
    episodenone
    I don't think the Ones can reincarnate. It would have been mentioned. Who's to say there aren't more force gods out there? I think if Snoke is related to the Ones it will be mentioned in a book not a movie. People shouldn't have to watch and decrypt the Mortis arc to understand episode 8.

I'd definitely like more Ones lore but bringing them back from the dead is cheap. Their story is complete.

episodenone likes this.
  5. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000

While I agree that you shouldn't have to see CW to understand episode VIII, I'll say that the Mortis arc should absolutely be required viewing for anyone into Star Wars.

6. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Agreed. The Mortis arc is among the best Star Wars has ever been if you ask me.

Son of a Bith and Nehru_Amidala like this.
  7. episodenone

Jun 13, 2001
    Funny you guys should say that -- while I thought the Mortis arc was a ton of fun to watch... I actually felt it just left things more convoluted. I didn't want to know that it was foreseen that Anakin would become Vader [in the Force vision] as I think that is too specific and should have been a vague reference maybe to an Anakin with Red Eyes -- but nothing so detailed.

And in the end -- I just don't know what it really accomplished as far as it being anything more than an arc. And perhaps being a direct means of showing how infinitely more mysterious the Force actually is.

In regards to whether or not something in the CW TV Show not being required... I don't agree that it is. But I do believe it should be! And if we've learned anything from Disney owning Star Wars --- they sure want to create meta-fans that dig deeper into the mystery, so any reference I think is fair from one platform to another. And of course, there is always Wookiepedia etc to get the info rather than watching a CW arc.

8. Ewan Tibbetts

Ewan Tibbetts Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 13, 2016
    episodenone I also agree the Mortis arc isn't the greatest. Anakin seeing his future was pure fan-service.

I do like the idea of a spin off movie about the ones before they retreated from the galaxy.

Padme501st likes this.
  9. episodenone

Jun 13, 2001
    Interesting -- I would be floored if they chose that for a star wars story movie ---- though it could be an animated feature? I think they likely weigh all the ideas and a story about the Ones [even if it included the Bendu, the Priestesses, etc] I still think it would be too far afield for a live action. IMO the special effects budget would likely exceed any hope of box office sales recouping their $.

Though if once in a while it replaced The Rocky Horror midnight Shows with whatever wackiness they came up with -- i would consider"revisiting my college days" to check that out! [face_devil]8-}

10. master_ kuato

master_ kuato Jedi Padawan

Feb 7, 2017
    There hasn't been enough of him to draw any great discussion. Any speculation is just us guessing, because the movie have given us little to work with. If I had to guess, I would say that he is a new character. Disney doesn't want anything to do with the prequels. Not to mention, trying to connect this series to that series simply doesn't make a lot of sense.

11. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Unless you work for Disney, and are privy to information that we aren't, don't presume to speak for them. And, last time I looked, there were Skywalkers in TFA. Seems like a pretty good connection to me.

Big Bad Yoda Daddy likes this.
  12. master_ kuato

Feb 7, 2017
    I will presume what I please.

Skywalkers in TFA, so there's a connection to the prequels? Hello strawman.

13. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Actually, you won't. When you're given an official warning, you heed it, or we continue the discussion in the Unban Request forum. Making claims about Disney's feelings towards the PT is a veiled attempt at bashing/baiting. Both of which are against forum rules. As for connections, ALL of these films are at least indirectly connected, and you did not specify what type of connection you were alluding to. Now, let's move on.

14. master_ kuato

Feb 7, 2017
    I will give my opinion on this franchise in any way that I see fit – and you will not prevent me from doing so. I offered my opinion. That is why this site exists. Hell, this entire thread is classified as speculation – it's purpose revolves around giving our unsubstantiated opinions.

You will not tell me that can't offer my opinion. I made no claim that I was an employee. And if I want to criticize a movie, I'll do just that. The prequels are being bashed on another thread I am involved in. You will not tell me that I can't criticize them while that conversation exists in other places on this site.

15. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    So long.
    [​IMG]

16. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    It could be that he was Luke's second in command but didn't like Luke's vision of the future for the order he then decided to groom one of his apprentices to betray him.

Lulu Mars likes this.
  17. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    I've theorized that Snoke befriended Luke and helped him out with his Jedi stuff while secretly manipulating Ben.

18. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    I like the idea that Supreme Leader Snoke is President Snow.

Padme501st likes this.
  19. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    Is it bad that I just don't care? I wasn't a huge fan of TFA and really not a fan of Snoke. I mean, obviously I want to know, but I can easily wait. I guess to me it's just not a big deal. And honestly I really don't want him to be someone we're already aware of. Why not just an original character. Just my 2 cents.

20. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    I'm not terribly excited either, to be honest.
    On the other hand, I'm probably too tired to be excited about anything at the moment ;)

I sure hope TLJ makes me excited about Snoke though!

21. episodenone

Jun 13, 2001
    I'm not sure I understand how anyone could not be excited to know who / what / where etc Snoke is all about. Without mentioning spoilers from the Empire's End novel [I didn't read it but have read the spoilers about it] Snoke is all the more interesting to me.

Think about it this way: [might need to be closer to my age than Rey's...]
    Do you think a single person that watched TESB saw the monkey emperor and wasn't champing at the bit to know more? Not sure there is really any difference between Snoke's intro vs that. I just can't remember and can't imagine for the life of me anyone ever saying "I don't really care who this Emperor is that disbanded some Senate or something in ANH -- let alone That Tarkin guys saying he was far less forgiving or something like that. We have Darth Vader! I'm not gonna waste my time thinking about the main protagonist -- I'll just go play with my Star Wars colorforms!"

I mean -- that's some huge hyperbole -- but my enthusiasm for TFA only gave me a huge sense of promise for these creative teams are going to introduce when we learn who Snoke really is!

22. woj101

woj101 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Feb 19, 2000
    episodenone - Sure, most people watching TESB wanted to know more about the Emperor, but they didn't need to. It's not like ROTJ revealed much more about him than what we got in TESB. So in that respect, there's not a whole lot of reasons to say that we should expect to find out much more about Snoke, either.

Regarding your theory, I'm afraid I don't know where your references to the Family, and Father and Son come from. Presumably it's EU, in which case you may need to flesh out the background a little more for people like me who haven't spent a lot of time on EU.

23. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    The Father, Son and Daughter - also known as The Ones, or The Force Wielders are from the three-episode Mortis arc in season 3 of The Clone Wars. I can't recommend those episodes enough!

The episodes are called:
    -Overlords
    -Altar of Mortis
    -Ghosts of Mortis

24. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    Is this an attempt at the Jedi Mind Trick? "You will NOT tell me how to post."

Those tricks don't work on Mods! lol

25. episodenone

Jun 13, 2001

re: TCF-1138's elucidation --- The Father, Son and Daughter are not EU -- they are Canon. 100%

woj101 I'm not saying that you "needed" to know about the Emperor at the time of TESB or ROTJ -- I am saying that people "wanted" to know. See: The love for the Darth Plagueis novel. No one back then really had this laissez faire attitude about things the way they do now. Don't know if it's a Millennial thing or the fact that there is so much more available in the GFFA to spend time thinking about.
    Thus, why when people say they don't really care -- I don't read that as "I don't need to know because Snoke is Awesome regardless!" I read that as "I don't really care about Snoke... oooohhhh I just hit level 538 of Bejeweled" If that makes sense in a somewhat oversimplified way.