main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit 2017 Novels (announced)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Skywalker2B, Dec 5, 2016.

1. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Star Wars Books on Facebook or @DelReyStarWars on twitter.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

2. DarthInternous

DarthInternous Editor - Del Rey Star Wars star 3 VIP

Feb 7, 2017

Hello.

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
  4. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    Hi, I'm glad you're hanging around.

I just want to say on the current topic that James Luceno bores me and I haven't been able to finish reading the last four our five of his books due to lack of interest in the words in front of me. For the love of all that is holy keep up the good work in finding fresh blood like Claudia Gray.

5. Valryk

Valryk Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 27, 2016
    If only I could link from other sites, but a Dooku novel is one of the main wish lists among other communities. Even in the EU we didn't get something mainly centered on his life.

darklordoftech likes this.
  6. DarthInternous

Feb 7, 2017
    Purely anecdotal, but Dooku novel is among the top 3 requests we get. (The other two being a Padme novel and some version of an X-wing novel/series)

*by anecdotal I mean through reading forums (like this one) and getting comments through social media / in person at conventions.

Star Wars is definitely at its best when there are a plurality of voices contributing to it. Each author has certain strengths that marry well with a particular kind of story or perhaps character. That's very much part of the calculus of how we choose our authors (whether a newbie or a veteran).

7. Valryk

Valryk Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 27, 2016
    Thanks for checking anyway!

8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Sweetness. Those options would be fun to explore.

Darkslayer likes this.
  9. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    That settles it, the next book should involve Dooku and Padmé flying X-wings.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

10. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    Considering Star Wars's adventuring with military sci fi with Rogue One and Battlefront you're missing out by not allowing Jason Fry do an X wing series about the hunting and taking down of Super Star Destroyers in the post Return of the Jedi era.It only makes sense that the New Republic would make taking out such ships a priority. The stories would akin to the hunt for the Bismark or the Tirtpitz

That whole year is rife with story potential. He's already proved himself with that little short story about Sloane during the Battle of Endor.

Get on it. See if he'll do it and offer him a nice sum of cash. Go on now.

(yeah and make Kaine and the Reaper a thing again...there's a nice First Order type Imperial there that an be borrowed from Legends)

Revanfan1 and Jedi Ben like this.
  11. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    I just want an adult novel by Jason Fry about ANYTHING.

12. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    But mostly about blowing up ships.

Big ships.

WMIRTUTSF and Jedi Ben like this.
  13. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    She's right. Anything will do. If Jason had to write a novel on space waffles, it would still be worth reading.

Actually now that I think of it...

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

14. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    After The Weapon of a Jedi, he's my first choice for the inevitable Luke and Ben Bloodline companion book.

15. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Lol, I had no idea we had someone so high up here. I love that you read the Lit board.

16. DarthInternous

Feb 7, 2017
    Seems like after 2.5 years it was time to stop lurking.

17. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Well, in that case I'll use the opportunity to vouch for a Dooku novel by James Luceno.

Just in case someone forgot to mention it.

18. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Did you start lurking before or after becoming an assistant editor?

19. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Well, welcome (officially) to the boards! :D

20. Noir Deux

Noir Deux Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 27, 2015
    Hello DarthInternous welcome officially, just wanted to said that Claudia Gray is such a great writer and that Del Rey has been doing a nice work with the new books.

My pitch or petition is to consider a book a la It/Stand by me/Stranger Things were this abandoned little group of padawans try to survive in a lonely place/Coruscant 1313/new planet and are being chased by an Inquisitor or something along those lines, maybe an Ashoka cameo or someone to help them.

Keep exploring new treatments out of the traditional SW galore.

21. DarthInternous

Feb 7, 2017
    Long long before.

DarkEagle likes this.
  22. Snax Rebo

Snax Rebo Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2017
    I want to ask, DarthInternous, what do you think of Twilight Company? It's the most underrated book in the nucanon, as well as my favorite. Any possibility of a prequel/sequel?

23. DarthInternous

Feb 7, 2017
    There's certainly a bunch more Twilight Company story that could be told, with both those characters, and just with the company itself (some of the traditions def seem to have been established well before any of the members we meet were part of the team). There's quite a lot of fondness for what I lovingly call "the boxcar children of the Rebellion", so I would guess that we see them again. In what form, when and all that...I couldn't possibly tell you.

Snax Rebo likes this.
  24. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    DarthInternous Since you're here, there's something I wanted to say: I think it would be grand if Alex Freed fot an opportunity to finish (and expand on?) the sadly aborted Star Wars Uprising storyline in a novel. After all, he co-wrote the game, and I don't like unfinished business. :)

25. Ginkasa

Ginkasa Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    While we're just spamming DarthInternous with requests, I would like to add that I really enjoyed Luceno's Darth Plaugeis novel would really like to see that history re-explored in canon. I'm not necessarily asking for Darth Plagueis: DisnEU Edition (but I wouldn't turn it down!), just something that gives us a narrative canon POV on the relationship between Plagueis and Sidious and the history of the Sith in general.

Darth Caliban and Sinrebirth like this.