main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014

but could that mean Rebels to Netflix? Disney does have a deal with Netflix right?

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    DD has a mixed perception on JCF leaning on negative.

Tanjint likes this.
  3. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I've seen that and completely disagree. It's the best of the new canon to me so I'm not too fussed that a few people on here aren't into it.

4. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    Exactly my thoughts. A lot of the people here tend to hate everything anyways, so it's usually best to form your own opinions on things.

Tanjint and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  5. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    It's the unspoken rule of JCF, if the mods don't like it then it's bestfor you if you don't like it either :)

6. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    Agreed, its amazing.

7. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I only just listened to the Ahsoka audiobook, I liked that Ashley Eckstein was the one narrating it, helped greatly for the immersion. I don't remember the reactions on DD being overly negative though unlike Heir to the Jedi and Aftermath. I'll probably listen to the DD audiobook next since it was part of TCW.

8. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I did really like the audio book version of Dark Disciple. Even though it was the guy narrating which can be odd for female characters, he actually did OK with it. Reading the book, then listening to the audio version which includes soundtrack helped complete the production to make it feel like part of the Clone Wars series.

J7Luke and Tanjint like this.
  9. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Was the soundtrack original to the audiobook, or reused from the show?

Tanjint likes this.
  10. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I remember in the Ahsoka book at least there were soundtracks from the movies, I don't remember hearing any soundtrack from the series in it but I could be wrong. I suppose the same thing goes for DD?

Tanjint likes this.
  11. MandaloreRex2015

MandaloreRex2015 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 3, 2015
    Good to know I'm not the only one who loves DD.

Watto, DAH and Tanjint like this.
  12. J7Luke

J7Luke Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 30, 2017
    [​IMG]

Are you kidding me? They named this poor guy "Ima-Gun Di"? [face_laugh][face_rofl]

13. DAH

DAH Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2017

just wish George put his foot down to Disney, so he could finish off the clone wars and condense it, so it would end...by letting him finish off season 6 (22 episodes instead of 13 ) but only let him use the remaining 9 episode's and another Season to use the vital Arcs and finishing off all the story thread's...which would of been easy to do, I read the DD book and loved it, however it made me extremley depressed knowing that it would of made an amazing arc...and that we will probably never get to see it.....yet Assaj was such an incredible character and her amazing story deserved proper closure and us loyal money spending fans deserved to see it :(

Darkslayer and J7Luke like this.
  14. jeremiahj13

jeremiahj13 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 6, 2016
    They actually did that intentionally. "I'm gonna die"

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  15. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I don't recall what was used specifically, but it was not original music. I believe it was all from the movies, not the Clone Wars series. I remember Revenge of the Sith music being used quite a bit which fit the story well.

16. Snax Rebo

Snax Rebo Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2017
    I'm backing you up, Watto. Dark Disciple is one of the best nucanon books.

17. Tanjint

Tanjint Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 21, 2015
    So, I'm sure most of you have read the interpretation that the Tartakovsky Clone Wars series "brackets" the CG Clone Wars series in the sense that after Episode 2 the first half of the Tartakovsky CW series happens. Then in between Anakin's padawan lock getting cut off and the scene immediately following where he is easily destroying a bunch of droids the entire 2008 CW series occurs, including Crystal Crisis/Bad Batch/Son of Dathomir/Dark Disciple.

In the Tartakovsky series we see Jedi Masters debating that Anakin has only gone through some aspects of the Knight trials. Ultimately for a few reasons Yoda agrees he should be made a Knight. Then flash forward to the mission Anakin/Obi-Wan are on in the second half of the Tartakovsky series where they have to help those big blue mammal people...

When this mission happens, Obi-Wan basically says "You never went through the full version of the Trials but this is that for you." In this moment, Obi-Wan means that fate has brought Anakin to a trial that completes his status as a Knight. He and the whole council probably saw it this way.

Early in ROTS it is mentioned that Anakin has been rejected multiple times in his endeavors to be dubbed a Jedi Master. This struck me as really weird because that mission to help the big blue mammal people in the Tartakovsky Clone Wars was happening at the same time as the Battle of Coruscant and in that mission Obi-Wan basically said to Anakin that he was finally fully a Jedi Knight. The Battle of Coruscant is in the middle of happening as Episode III begins so there is almost literally no time in between the end of the second half of Tartatovsky Clone Wars and ROTS.

Unless I am misreading how much time takes place between the first scenes of ROTS and the mention of Anakin's multiple rejections for Master status by the Council, this all means Anakin was applying for Master status before he had even completed the trial that made his own master consider him fully a Knight!

At first this didn't make sense to me but talking with friends I am now convinced this makes the over-all saga make even more sense: Anakin didn't blatantly agree with Obi-Wan's saying that this trial was his final Knight trial. He loved Obi-Wan enough to probably not want to get into it at that moment about how he saw it differently: from Anakin's perspective he'd been a Knight since they Knighted him (fair interpretation!) and his great power, achievements in war, Messianic background and now this trial in which he helped the big blue mammal people which even his mentor sees as a great trial for him all led him to believe he was on the verge of Master status. So while Obi-Wan saw Anakin's mission with the big blue mammal people as a final Knight trial, Anakin saw it as a trial for Master status.

This difference in interpretation makes Episode III's scenes about Anakin's rejection by the council make even MORE sense as it gives us a deeper and more specific understanding as to how who saw what differently- Anakin was peeved they wouldn't make him a master considering his achievements, trials, power and importance and the council was peeved that this kid who really, in their and Obi-Wan's view, had barely truly become a Knight, thought so highly of himself that he was throwing a tantrum over not being dubbed a Master.

In light of stories of Quinlan Vos, an Anakin-like character who had Master status, this made more sense to me too- Anakin had seen people who were similar to him get Master status.

Over-all this matters to me because it helps us further understand the rift between Anakin and the Jedi.

Going to rewatch again once more in the next week so I can be sure it's not possible there wasn't a bigger time lapse between the beginning of ROTS and the mentions of Anakin's applications being rejected by the council.

- T

J7Luke likes this.
  18. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Anakin's rejection doesn't need to make 'more' sense because it already makes sense. It's all in Episode III. Palpatine offers Anakin a position of power (to feed his lust for it and fuel against the Jedi) by being the Chancellor's representative in the Jedi Council. To be in the Jedi Council one needs to have the rank of Master and have the Council's approval. Anakin takes it personal that the Council allows him to be on the Council and not get the rank of Master. When the reality is that he's only allowed to be on the Council because they want to take advantage of Anakin's friendship with Palpatine in order to discover Sidious. Anakin is thinking only about himself by letting his ego blind him from the big picture. Just like Palpatine wanted.

19. Tanjint

Dec 21, 2015

Two reasons I bring up the idea of it making "more sense",

1. The somewhat confusing time issues I discussed above in terms of Anakin's final Knight trial in relation to him saying he's applied to be a master multiple times.

2. Among the top 3 critiques of the prequel-era and films specifically is the believability of Anakin's conversion. This is relevant and enriching to that one could argue.

I agree with how you interpret it too, I think it all goes together.

-T

J7Luke likes this.
  20. Snax Rebo

Feb 1, 2017
    Tanjint, This is easily fixed when you discard the Tartakovsky series.

21. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008

Have I missed something? I can't recall Anakin actually pushing for the title of Master prior to expecting it in ROTS.

22. Tanjint

Dec 21, 2015

I have read that there is dispute as to if it's considered canon. The pushback to it not being canon seemed to be its introduction of characters like Grievous and Ventress in a way that's consistent with the rest of their canon appearances.

-T

J7Luke likes this.
  23. Tanjint

Dec 21, 2015

I will review ROTS again, hopefully tonight but this was always my recollection.

-T

24. Snax Rebo

Feb 1, 2017
    It's not canon.

J7Luke and Tanjint like this.
  25. Tanjint

Dec 21, 2015

Now that we've had a couple years of Disney ownership I think we can safely question how set in stone this kind of thing is.

Like, there seems to be quite a distinction from stuff the new Story Group has said "This isn't canon" about and stuff they simply haven't confirmed the canonical or non-canonical nature of. Thrawn wasn't canon anymore, until he was. Darth Plagueis novel wasn't canon anymore, until his mentions in the Tarkin novel retroactively made aspects of the Plageuis novel canon again.

I suspect no statement was ever given about it no longer being canon, just that it wasn't included as part of the New Canon in the lists we've received from official channels since Disney's takeover, that sound right? Or have there been explicit disavowals of its canon-ness by LFL/Disney/Story Group personnel?

Thanks,

T

J7Luke likes this.