main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games SWC Senate: Restoring Peace, Prosperity and Equality to the Galaxy

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Bazinga'd , Dec 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    As you may have guessed my fellow senators, I have deep connections with the Coruscanti Security Force. (CSF) Their Special Operations Teams have been dispatched to Muunilist. There is a massive hostage situation brewing there. A secret meeting between Chief Executive Officers of the Banking Clan's largest member banks was interrupted and the criminals who took these beings hostage are demanding the release of thousands of known terrorists from various prisons around the galaxy. I am troubled by two things here. One, I fear for the health and safety of all those involved. Two who is funding these obviously well funded and informed hostage takers? The CSF Spec Ops team again, has reason to believe the rumored "First Order" is involved in this undertaking. I will not negotiate with terrorists, however, there is the issue of the safety of these highly placed bankers, Many galactic corporations are nervous for various reasons as board members have been blowing up my communicator for hours. I feel intervention is needed. The question of how much intervention is up for debate.

OOC: People, I have my daughter this weekend and I'll be back Monday. :)

DarthIshyZ and Anakin.Skywalker like this.
  2. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    May I make a suggestion?

Back in the slave days of Tatooine, small chips were implanted in slaves, allowing their masters to detonate the chips whenever they pleased or if the slave ran too far away. It was a barbaric practice.

Perhaps we can sedate these terrorists, implant such chips, and release them after the criminals have released the hostages.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  3. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    We should not stoop that low Senator. We are not slave owners. May I suggest an infiltration team instead Chancellor?

4. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016
    TheSilentInfluence

With all due respect, Senator, an infiltration team would be risky to the hostages. I'm afraid the safest option would be to make an agreement with the hostage takers, and find a way to kill the released prisoners. Or, at least, trap them all.

Implants would take care of this. I am willing to take care of this...quietly.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  5. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    And you believe they would be spotted? We can get the hostages to safety well we distract the 'first order' agents. There are many ways into that facility I'm sure. We need to use it to our advantage.

6. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016
    But there is risk. I'm not saying they would be seen, but they could. With as many hostages as these criminals have, I'm sure they could spare a few of them to set an example.

7. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Of course. Which is why we must be cautious.

8. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016
    TheSilentInfluence

But an infiltration team isn't a cautious tactic.

Chancellor Darth_Furio

I strongly suggest my previous plan. For our hostages, it is the safest plan.

9. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    By infiltration team, I mean that they sneak in and safely deal with rescuing the hostages. I'm sure we could all figure out the best course of action together. Chancellor Darth_Furio, please consider my proposal on the situation. We do not need to use slavers methods.

Darth_Furio likes this.
  10. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    It might be, as we don't know if the kidnappers have spies amongst local rescue ops.

Anakin.Skywalker likes this.
  11. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016
    True. If we work within the prisons where the terrorists are kept, nothing would get out.

And, you wouldn't be putting your soldiers at risk.

We have thousands of discarded implants that were abandoned when we outlawed slavery.

12. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Sounds tempting, but I think we should wait for our fellow senators to weigh in on this issue.

13. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Congratulations, Senators Nehru_Amidala and Sinrebirth on your new positions!

And with regards to that brewing hostage situation, I can step in to help. As you guys know, I am the Artificial Intelligence of the Millennium Falcon and she's the flagship of our renowned YT-1300 freighter models. Since the ships of the Corellian Engineering Corporation can be used for both civilian and combat means, I can help with providing transport for the Special Forces team in vessels that should not arouse suspicion. I will not recommend the Falcon lookalikes as she's too much of a marked ship, but we do have some models that are heavily used by galactic corporations involved in cargo and shipping, which should be perfect for the job.

Of course, even as Senator of Corellia, I have to bring this up to the CEC's Board of Directors and gain their approval before this can be started!

14. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    This could work. Would you mind a few of my infiltrators coming aboard? They are trained in stealth and combat. Provided that the plan gets approved of course Senator.

15. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    I have a bad feeling about this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    What do you suggest we do Senator Bazinga'd?

17. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Your concerns are noted, Senator Bazinga'd... What is it that's worrying you?

And to Senator TheSilentInfluence, let's hope the plan gets properly deliberated and once we have the green-light, I can let your men utilize some of our ships for infiltration purposes. With the Millennium Falcon on standby as she will back you guys up if things get messy!

To all Senators, may I be excused? My PA informed me that the Directors of the CEC are here in my office and wanting to discuss the terror attack shortly... *Senator Falcon exits the discussion and proceeds to meet with the Board of Directors *

18. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    OOC: I am confused about my promotion.

19. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    OOC: Why are you confused?

20. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    OOC: Because I originally nominated myself for Chancellor, only to be reminded that somebody else had to do that, and Millennium Falcon 888 congratulated me on my promotion in the post he tagged me in. That's why I am confused, nobody informed of any promotion.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  21. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012

I feel a disturbance in the Force.

OOC: Nehru_Amidala To be elected Chancellor someone has to nominated. You were appointed Vice-Chancellor, which is a different position.

Anakin.Skywalker and DarthIshyZ like this.
  22. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016
    What disturbance do you feel, Senator?

23. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    The dark side of the Force.

24. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016
    *looks concerned*

From who? Where?

25. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012

The Force does not work that way. I only have abstract feelings that the galaxy will be under the influence of the dark side in the foreseeable future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.