main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Dream book?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DarthJaceus, Dec 30, 2016.

1. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    All this talk of naming and titles in the nobility and royalty, and no one tagged GrandAdmiralJello? You're going to break his heart, guys.

2. Sarchet

Sarchet Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2016
    If I'm being really wishful... the IU equivalent of Lloyds Register of Ships.

3. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    Lore books-expansion era republic to kymoodon era republic

Saga of the hundred year darkness

Line of the Banites

Star Wars Only Right by Adahn the best fanfiction ever written put into novel form.

Memoirs of Xendor and Legions of Lettow

4. corinthia

corinthia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 16, 2016
    I, too, would love to have a Padme book, or better yet-- a series, perhaps with an accompanying comic. I'd also love a book about Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon's time protecting Satine on Mandalore, or really anything about Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon. And, what I'm absolutely dying for is a handful of Kanan or Kanan and Hera books. I'd love more to fill in the time between A New Dawn and the start of Rebels, and I'd really want those books to be written by John Jackson Miller (who I am astounded has not been mentioned in this thread yet. Kenobi, A New Dawn, and Lost Tribe of the Sith are all spectacular books!). I'd also like the Kanan The Last Padawan comic to be finished, but I don't have very high hopes for that.

5. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    A Mara Jade book set during Dark Empire is a requirement. Dark Empire is basically the ultimate test for Mara. Needs to happen!

6. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    I would kill for an entire comic book series about the entire life of Anakin/Vader written by Kieron Gillen and illustrated by Salvador Larroca.

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  7. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    How about a guide to the economics and ecology of the GFFA?

I would totally read that.

In case anyone misunderstands I'm not being sarcastic at all I would be genuinely interested in such a guidebook.

8. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    Besanny Wennen has got me seriously interested in the GFFA's economy. Her subplot was probably my favorite part of the RepCom series.

9. Snax Rebo

Snax Rebo Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2017
    I want another wildlife guide! The first one was awesome.

corinthia and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  10. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    Seconded! They need to explain why those dragonflies live on Kashyyk, Ryloth and Felucia.

Snax Rebo likes this.
  11. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    So long as it was written like the Warfare book and has lengthy side excerpty things about Separatists.

Also ecology -- would love to learn more about what Luceno set up with the legacy worlds.

12. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Expanding a bit on two of the most popular book ideas:

- Tyranus, written by James Luceno: Count Dooku gets the Darth Plagueis treatment. In a sense, this book would function as a direct sequel to Darth Plagueis, detailing Sidious's recruitment of Dooku, Dooku's friendship with Sifo-Dyas, the creation of the clone army, and the birth of the Separatist movement. We'd see Dooku go from well-meaning idealist to the Sith Lord we all know and love by the end of the book, and that we see in TCW

- The Grand Plan, written by Claudia Gray: This would be based on the unproduced Season 8 Mon Cala arc of "The Clone Wars" tv series, where Padme tries to end the war, only to be repeatedly foiled by Sidious/Palaptine, and discovers her pregnancy. As Anakin is away, he would not be present. This book would deal with whatever is in those TCW scripts, which hopefully includes more of her relationship with Bail and Mon Mothma as they form the beginnings of the Rebellion.

Darth Nave, DelRiego and Daneira like this.
  13. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I really want a book about Darth Ruin and his resurrection of the Sith. I am astounded no author has touched that time period yet, at least not really. Sounds like it would be fascinating.

I also have in my head an Idea of a book entirely dedicated to Operation Knightfall and the events of that tragic night. Except I would like it to be in canon as so much has been done with it in legends. It would deal with the Jedi's reaction, deaths of numerous jedi who have yet to receive their proper fait, etc. I also have this interesting image in my head of Shaak Ti recording a message in her Holocron as the temple burns around her, then passing it on to a young jedi, or perhaps Padawan, telling them to escape with it, to survive Then she goes into tranquil meditation to wait for her fait. It would be very dramatic and emotional, as well as clear up the confusion involved in her current death and how her Holocron got to Nar Shadda.

Darkslayer likes this.
  14. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Same here, I love that idea. Ruin in the old EU was basically the guy who started the transition of the Old Republic era Sith to the movie-era Sith. Plus George himself considers him canon, IDK if that means anything in this regard but I think it shows how significant of a character he is.

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  15. Snax Rebo

Snax Rebo Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2017
    I want books on Darth Icky and Darth Insanious.

Darth Nave likes this.
  16. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    I want one about the Sith Overlords: Darth Sploder, Darth Trocious, Darth Urderer, Darth Stroyer and Darth Ithead.

17. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
  18. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    I want a book on the Great Mandalorian Clan War. Story A is Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon interacting with Mandalorians while trying to keep Satine safe as she seeks to build a coalition that will become the New Mandalorians. Story B features some of the actual civil war, with the House Viszla off-shoot Death Watch leading some of the other clans to raise non-Mandalroian levies, especially in Concord Dawn. There, Jango Fett joins the fight, learns Mandalorian techniques, and eventually scavengers his armor from a dead enemy (preferably Tor Vizsla).

19. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Something else I would Like is a source book entirely dedicated to the Jedi council, covering structure, characters, and perhaps create new characters expanding on who replaces who, seating arrangements, etc. I just think it would be interesting.

Darkslayer and SpecForce Trooper like this.
  20. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Not a book idea, but I think a comic series, where each of the Jedi Council members is given one issue of focus, would be cool. Would allow us to see the backstory of some of the ones we didn't get to see in TCW.

ConservativeJedi321 and spicer like this.
  21. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    I like the idea of a comic series where each issue focuses on one Jedi Council member. We did get several issues of just that set during the clone wars - Jedi, published by Dark Horse. The author and artist were John Ostrander and Jan Duursema (except for one the Yoda issue), and I'll vouch (again) for an Ostrander&Duursema series about that. Canon this time.

Jordan D. White HeatherAntos Thanks for your consideration Marvel :)

Darkslayer likes this.
  22. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    A book about Mandalorian mercs during the Galactic Civil War could be cool and it being written by Alexander Freed would be ideal.

That or an Darth Vader novel set shortly after ROTS by Matthew Stover.

HeatherAntos likes this.
  23. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    That's actually kinda where my inspiration comes from. I'd totally be down for Ostrander, he's great at writing comics - I consider him to have written the definitive version of Martian Manhunter for instance.

spicer likes this.
  24. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    I'd really like a series set before the Clone Wars. Something like the Jedi Council: Acts of War, or preferably the early issues of the Star Wars: Republic series from a while back.

I'm definitely not asking for a complete recanonization. First I don't want a lightsaber swinging battles and war every week. Even if its not a "full scale war" it would just seem silly to me. Maybe a few issues similar to Emissary to Malastare dealing with Negotiations and expanding the galaxy in different ways.

Then a special issue once in a while where they can go all out, maybe tackle pirates, thieves, or crooks, etc.

But each issue would focus on a single council member, giving them a time to shine.

Plus they can get the lightsaber colors right now instead of all that ridiculous "a lightsaber in every shade of the rainbow" business that really took me out of the comics when I first read them. I get most of them came out before II, but I just couldn't take them seriously like that.[face_laugh]

Darkslayer likes this.
  25. Darryl Cooper

Darryl Cooper Jedi Padawan

Feb 9, 2017
    I really want a novel (or comic) to explain Obi-Wan's line in A New Hope when he says Owen Lars didn't want Luke to join him on an idealistic crusade like Anakin did. I've thought since AOTC that during the Clone Wars Anakin revisited the Lars homestead where more of an impression of him was left on Uncle Owen.

Also perhaps a scene somewhere for Anakin to say to Obi-Wan if he ever had a child he would want them to have his lightsaber. Obviously at the time Obi-Wan would say "But Anakin, that would be against the Jedi Code" but would add depth (and explain why) when Obi-Wan picks up his lightsaber on Mustafar.

Daneira likes this.