main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What If George Lucas Never Created Star Wars?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by TheBlogAwakens, Feb 17, 2017.

1. TheBlogAwakens

TheBlogAwakens Jedi Youngling

Dec 31, 2016
    Does anybody follow DC's Legends of Tomorrow? One of their latest episodes follows a young George Lucas and gives us a scenario where George never finishes film school and does not create our beloved series.

Wonder what your guys' thoughts on this is? What would you probably do differently in your life (besides post on here) if Star Wars had not been created? Or Indiana Jones for that matter!

Tython Awakening and Nibelung like this.
  2. Finland Skywalker

Finland Skywalker Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 13, 2016
    Star Wars would have never existed, and Star Trek would probably be more popular. My username would have "Skywalker" in it.

3. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    I would be very bored

And I'm not quite sure what would come up when I type "b" in the url bar

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    My flat would be a lot emptier without all the Fetts. Though the book collection would expand to fill that space.

VadersLaMent likes this.
  5. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
  6. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    I wouldn't have been hooked on one thing for ten years....

J7Luke likes this.
  7. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013

[face_laugh] Or over 20, as in my case.

J7Luke and Anakin.Skywalker like this.
  8. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    Goodness! Well, I guess I'll be at that point some day, too. It's our lot in life.

J7Luke and CT1138 like this.
  9. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    It's like the Mafia. Once you're in, you're in. There's no getting out.

10. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    On a similar note. What if Willow was a blockbuster. Would we even gotten the PT? I think GL wanted a Willow trilogy.

11. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016

Heresy! Unthinkable!

Anakin.Skywalker likes this.
  12. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    George would not be rich (or at least never reach billionaire status), and the entire cultures of blockbusters and fandoms would be drastically different.

13. TheBlogAwakens

TheBlogAwakens Jedi Youngling

Dec 31, 2016
    According to Legends of Tomorrow George goes on to be top car salesman of the year! LOL

But seriously, my dad would read the Thrawn trilogy to me before I went to bed some nights. My whole psyche would be completely different!

Clone Boi Crash, Gamiel and Nibelung like this.
  14. Galaxik

Galaxik Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 26, 2016
    I think we'd be far less interested in seeing anything new as a movie going culture. It's also possible franchises wouldn't be as big of a thing, Star Wars was sort of pioneer in that area, whether you like the franchise system or not.

Fantasy might not be as big of a thing, Sci-Fi too but possibly to a lesser degree.

15. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    It would have been the worst mistake of his life.

Sith Lord 2015 likes this.
  16. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    That's very true, but maybe Japanese anime (Miyazaki!) would have caught on more, and we wouldn't have to have suffered with the hack job that ruined Nausicaa.

17. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    To quote Darths & Droids:

http://darthsanddroids.net/episodes/0050.html

In the universe the players inhabit, Star Wars does not exist. That's the premise of this entire comic, after all. But most of the other things we know and love (such as Mad Max) do, albeit modified by the lack of Star Wars:

• Spaceballs is a serious documentary about the practical applications of Buckminsterfullerene.
    • Mark Hamill is known (barely) for doing voiceovers for poorly selling computer games, but gains widespread fame after his appearance in the first Futurama movie.
    • Harrison Ford is known primarily for Indiana Jones.
    • Nerdy guys make YouTube videos of themselves wielding crossbows instead of lightsabres.
    • Without the success of Star Wars to spark interest in science fiction in the late 70s and early 80s, Star Trek was never revived with movies and new series, and remains an obscure short-running TV show.
    • Moonraker was never made. James Bond fans never had it so good.
    • The major science fiction background that pervades all of Western culture is Battlestar Galactica, despite it never being much good. It was remade recently as a new, updated television series with a bigger budget, high-tech computerised special effects, and edgy writing. And it sucked.
    • Throughout the 80s and 90s, all the greatest Hollywood blockbusters were big-budget family-oriented musicals.
    • The Comic Irregulars exist and are making a screencap comic based on Harry Potter.
    :D

18. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Doctor who would have still existed so there's that......[face_dunno]

19. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Didn't GL wanted to do a reboot of Buck Rodgers originally?

Nibelung likes this.
  20. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    He was also considering Burrough's Barsoom stories, so we wouldn't have had John Carter. [face_plain]

21. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    If GL made the Barsoom Series in the 70's would the actors playing the martians be au natrual?

22. Spartan Kobe

Spartan Kobe Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 7, 2014

LOL. That was the best LOT episode by far. All that time spent on Star Wars stuff for me would've probably been spent on things like Fallout or Counterstrike etc. I don't think I was too affected.

23. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    None of us would be here.

Darth Basin likes this.
  24. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Mind Blown!

25. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    I would have more money and would not have needed so much space. I would probably try to focus on some other massive multimedia line where I could spend money on books and toys, though. :p