main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Poe Dameron #7-13: The Gathering Storm (7/7 released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndQuest , Sep 20, 2016.

1. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Haven't read number 10 yet, but thinking back on the start of this arc made me wonder, has the concept of an "Ugly" appeared yet in nu-canon? Because I appreciated the concept being used even if it wasn't named as such (AT-AT head mixed with TIE Fighter). I don't really think that the comparisons of this series to the old X-wing series fully pan out, but I did think that was a nice thematic callback to the X-wing series, even if it was unintentional.

2. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I believe it has in one of the mobile phone videogames, but I don't know about the name.

Sadly, because I loathe the ugly, lazy, kit-bashed mother******s with the passion of a burning suns.

3. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Really? I can't see to remember that term being used anywhere in the iOS games. :confused:

4. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002

5. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    So will this series likely go 18-24 issues and end about the time Ep VIII comes out? They already released a cover for issue #13 so we know it is going to go longer than the Kanan series. They seem to be just letting it run its course though and aren't doing any special event stuff with it like they seem to have planned for the Aphra series.

6. jeykey

jeykey Jedi Master

Jun 27, 2013
    from Poe Dameron #11
    it looks like Terex has very similar thoughts about Phasma as some people who have watched The Force Awakens [face_laugh]
    [​IMG]

7. Dr. Steve Brule

Sep 7, 2012
    I just want to say that the variant cover of #11, pairing Greg Grunberg with BB-8, a rotund character whose body vastly dwarfs his head, was kind of mean, but also kind of funny.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  8. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Poe finally puts two and two together about his buddy Oddy, but it turns out that he is out to save his wife from Terex and not just a black and white traitor. Thankfully Poe does so before getting back to base.

Terex tells Phasma to stick it.

Terex catches up to Poe and Poe gets shot down on a planet.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  9. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    Not in Canon, but the Lego Star Wars: Freemaker Adventures series on Disney XD has them as a big part of it. Zander hates the term 'uglies' and prefers the term 'Z-Wings' ;)

Sinrebirth likes this.
  10. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015
    The galaxy's best pilot sure gets shot down a lot. Both Hux and Terex have blasted him out of the sky. :p

vncredleader and SilentGuy66 like this.
  11. Chris_Fives

Chris_Fives Jedi Master star 3

Apr 16, 2015
    While reading I thought Oddie went undercover and became Terex' servant[face_whistling] to only realize later on that it was actually his wife.. oh my..[face_laugh]

12. Snax Rebo

Snax Rebo Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2017
    The latest issue was alright. I enjoy Terrex, and not to sound like a whiner, but does anyone else feel like nothing happens in this series, especially compared to the other comics? Poe always seems light on content.

vncredleader and iPodwithnomusic like this.
  13. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yup, I made that mistake too. :p

vncredleader and Chris_Fives like this.
  14. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    While Terex is plenty entertaining, I do feel like the emphasis on his role is kind of a case of this series not living up to its full potential. The situation they were handed should have allowed a more properly structured buildup to TFA and exploration of the galactic situation. Instead, it feels like a bunch of episodic adventures that are getting stretched out to fit the TPB format, with only Terex having real momentum. I wish they were doing more with the rest of Black Squadron.

AdmiralNick22 likes this.
  15. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    Is anyone else having problems redeeming the digital code for Poe #11. It's linked to three annoying free Marvel issues, which appear in my books list, but Poe is missing. The same has happened with Darth Maul.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

16. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I see that Terex shares me thoughts about the FO and Phasma. This conversation was my favorite part of this issue.

Vialco likes this.
  17. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012

I'm pretty sure that's intentional, they changed the way the digital codes work.

18. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    Any idea how to access them?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

19. jeykey

jeykey Jedi Master

Jun 27, 2013

since 3 weeks now, it's not the "digital edition" that is given with the code Inside the issue, but the "digital content" with so far totally not Star Wars related content.
    i'm quite disappointed with Marvel to have done it within stories, they could have stopped the free digital version when arcs were finished in each series.

20. Dr. Steve Brule

Sep 7, 2012
    Just finished issues 10 and 11, not really anything to add to what's been said here, other than in the last page of #10, at the top of the hangar, is a ship that looks more than a little like the Mynock from Legacy.

21. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Finally got issue 11. Love seeing uglies again.

22. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    this series promised to be sth special but now it's just a very boring journey of an annoying character. I actually kinda cheer for Terex, he's much better than this Poe...

vncredleader likes this.
  23. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    I do not hate this Poe per se but yeah as a Poe fanboy this book has been dull. He is too carefree for my tastes. I preferred him written by Rucka. Honestly why is he not doing this book? I like Soule but I think he pads way to much.

24. GatalentanKing

GatalentanKing Jedi Padawan

Oct 2, 2016
    I swear a little while back it was either confirmed or at least hinted that Mister Bones would be in a future issue of the Poe series. Does anyone else remember hearing that or have some more info on that?

25. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012

I remember that, I think that was announced at Comic Con, and I expect him to appear in Poe Dameron #13. The soliciation for that issue mentions that "Snap Wexley may have a trick or two up his sleeve to help Black Leader fight!", which is likely referring to Mr. Bones