main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Altair You a New One: The Assassin's Creed Series

Discussion in 'Community' started by Valyn, May 14, 2010.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    IDK, I probably had more fun in Revelations than Bro-hood, and really enjoyed Ezio as a snarky old geezer. Though I'd probably still agree that Brotherhood is better overall.

2. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    While I'd agree that Brotherhood is the best game of the series, Black Flag and Syndicate have both been nearly as good. Black Flag especially. And there's a lot to be said for Revelations and III that usually isn't. Brotherhood is a damn near perfect game, but I don't think it's true at all to say that the series has never even been close to it since.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  3. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Syndicate is enjoyable, though I hate missions that involve driving or hijacking carriages.

4. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    I think Assassin's Creed II and Brotherhood together are the best of the series. Black Flag is up there, for sure. The wide-open world was great. Syndicate was a pretty decent entry, in my opinion.

Revelations is an underrated entry in the series, I think. Gets a lot of flak.

5. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Worst one of the series has to be Unity, my god that game is terrible

6. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    Anyone else seen the film?

7. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
  8. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
  9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    I don't know if I want to the film

10. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    I never finished 3. Haven't bought any after till I got Syn for Xmas for $19. I heard it was good. 3 just burned me out after awhile somehow.

11. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Don't play Unity, whatever you do lol

12. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Is there any interconnetedness from BF on like 1-3 with Desmond or are they single one and done?

13. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Only references

14. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Just saw the movie today. It was fun, I liked it, don't have much to day beyond that.

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  15. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    I thought the film was...mediocre. There was a missed opportunity to develop the Inquisition setting, which was abandoned for the sake of conveying more of the confusing modern-day segments. I felt like the film dragged on through the modern day, only to suddenly rush at the end for no apparent reason other than someone in the editing room finally noticing, "Hey, we haven't really done anything here for the past hour and time's about up."

The film gave the audience no reason to sympathize with or cheer on its lead, who, because of the focus on the modern day version of his character, was unlikable. The Inquisition characters were far more interesting to watch, but they were given almost nothing beyond a thread of plot and purpose.

16. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    Just in case no one here knows, as of today AC rouge is backward compatible on Xbox one

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  17. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    When they gonna announce the new game?

18. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013

That's good to know. I have Rogue on my 360, but it would be more convenient to play it on my XB1.

19. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Assassins Creed Origins Confirmed.

Goes without saying, but going to offer a violence warning anyways.

I think it looks cool. They are really kicking it up a notch. Look forward to playing it.:D

20. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    Nice to finally get confirmation of the setting, though I was still hoping for feudal Japan.

21. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    I've been watching a few early walkthroughs. And from what I've seen, the map is MASSIVE. Ginormous. I wonder how far it stretches?[face_thinking]
    Probably won't reach the Holy Land, though I am very curious as to where the boarders of the map are.

22. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Well it's been a few months. And the game is now out.
    I can't play it right away as I ordered it back home and now am up at college. My parents will be mailing it up, hopefully I will get it before next week.

I'm surprised this thread has been effectively dead. I would have thought it would have at least been resurrected in the weeks leading up to the games release.

23. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    I'll get this eventually, probably after New Year's. There are too many great games coming out this month to justify paying full price for all of them. So I must needs wait.

24. Moll

Moll Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2016
    Origins arrived yesterday for me, not played it yet given ps4 is at uni and I am at home, looks fun though! I like the sound of the pet eagle you get :)

25. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Started Syn last night. For some reason it was rather glitchy and my screen was strobing. I couldn’t even play the game for fear of getting a migraine and having a fit it was so bad. Finally my 3rd attempt was pulse free and I have begun to explore London.