main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit [Spoilers] Cobb Vanth's Armor

Discussion in 'Literature' started by ARC_RC-7567, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I see the Interludes as introducing characters we could see in future material, such as Vanth, and the idea of a Western style SW novel sounds beyond cool. I hope if more is done w/him it's in that regard.

2. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    Let's be plain here. Vanth is what many people wanted and hoped Boba to be, as opposed to how he ended up actually being utilized in GL's storytelling. The mysterious Western-style man who was a law unto himself. I think Boba's dead, and Vanth is a way to tell new canon stories people hoped to get about a guy in That Armor.

3. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Vanth is clearly the new Jodo Kast. He'll end up being the Preten-dalorian until Fett shows up and says.....

"..............And I'm calling you dead."

Also id like to think the Sarlacc dies from a combination of flaming debris & Boba blasting out.

vncredleader likes this.
  4. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012

How much I like this theory is directly correlated to weather or not Fetts appearance in the Marvel comics is going to be an aberration or the standard for his portrayal.

5. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    You forget that it's Boba himself who is the Preten-dalorian in this universe.

6. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    So one sentence from a lying politician on Mandalore undone all of the Fett's greatness?

The Fett's are still Mandalorians until I see documents that say otherwise!

Daneira likes this.
  7. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    That's not what a character said. That's what the Story Group says.

ZY-Fighter likes this.
  8. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Yeah, it's stupid - particularly given that the source is an extremely untrustworthy individual with a vested political interest in claiming Jango isn't a real Mandalorian - but it's what we've got.

Revanfan1 and Darth Basin like this.
  9. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998

Well, last I saw from Pablo, in regards to Jango being Mandalorian, "Whatever his claim is to that heritage isn't enough to impress some Mandalorians, namely Prime Minister Almec."

Barriss_Coffee and Darth Basin like this.
  10. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

It's odd, because this is one of the few cases (though a very minor one) of "unreliable narrator" that I can think of in Star Wars (The Devaronian Version being another, more extreme, example, along with LSATSOM), so to turn it from "unreliable narrator" to a statement taken at face value is...disappointing, to say the least.

11. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Jango and Boba collected the armor from dead Mando's and salvaged around. With all the dead Death Watch members from The Clone war or relics during dark times or just black market second hand armor or originals paid for by the Fetts. In the end could mean nothing, or mean something thats why they put it there. Could mean Boba's been digested and Sarlacc spat out the metal as not digestible, or it could mean Boba Fett managed to escape. The rocketpack was basically what got him "killed", I don't see how he could manage to fix it inside, but one could argue the belly of the Sarlacc is something like the whale(or sea creature) from the story of Jonah where Jonah eventually gets vomited out due to God talking to the creature to release him. But it will boil down to how proficient Boba was with his functional Mando gear and just how good was he as a survivalist. TCW did not really make Boba into anything particularly noteworthy, but I suppose he was competent enough to last as long as he did into adulthood and he went through a few mentors (Sing, Hondo and Bane).

12. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    It's stupid! Imagine say in 30 years everthing gets rebooted again & some story group says Ventress is no longer a Nightsister? How do you think that would make the animated SW fans feel!!!!!!

Maythe14thBeWithYou likes this.
  13. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998
    [​IMG]

14. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    I, for one, certainly do find it stupid, but there's no helping.

Maythe14thBeWithYou likes this.
  15. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    So we're...uh.. using trusty old Almec as our go-to guy for this, eh?

Revanfan1, mnjedi, Vthuil and 2 others like this.
  16. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    So Jango wasn't speaking Mando'a to Boba when Obi-Wan was in the Fett's apartment on Kamino?

17. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    He was speaking Huttese.

vncredleader and Darth Basin like this.
  18. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Ahhhhhhhhh.

19. Valryk

Valryk Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 27, 2016
    Cobb Vanth is one the verge of being the new Jodo Kast.

20. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015

And we all know what happened to Jodo Kast.........KLAK!

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    But better at his job.

22. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Jodo was awesome! It took a Fett to stop him!

23. Darth Droid

Darth Droid Jedi Master star 2

Jul 4, 2013
    I would be mildly okay with Cobb Vaith taking over the armor permenantly. I liked Swift and some of the other bounty hunters in the Aftermath trilogy and I don't know if we need Boba in the immediate future. Also, how much have Jango/Boba been expanded on in the New Canon so far? What do we even know about them for sure? And what's this I'm reading about Jango NOT being mandalorian? Can someone explain that bit to me?

24. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    Well the only thing (as far as I know) is Boba is the one who found Luke's name for Vader. Unless I missed it I don't believe we've seen a lot about him or Jango, still a lot to fill in.

25. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998

From Dave Filoni:
    "So, the idea that Jango Fett is not a Mandalorian - that's something that comes directly from George. I think that - when we fist saw Jango in Attack of the Clones - that alot of us, myself included, we assumed, "Oh, he must be a Mandalorian. There he is in Mandalorian armor." So, there's kind of this early assumption that Jango must be a Mandalorian. That was interesting to see. But, that was never stated in the film. It's never stated that he's Mandalorian. He's always just referred to as a bounty hunter."

"Once you have that silver, blue, black and grey armor - of course, the first thing is: "Well, why is Boba's green? Where is that coming from?" And, from the point that we've established in the Clone Wars - to the point whenever Boba gets his armor - there's one thing that I think is important, is that; Mandalorian armor exists during the Clone Wars. Mandalorian armor that's very close to the design and use of Boba's armor. Boba has tricked his armor out. He's added a few things that our Death Watch guys don't have because he's a bounty hunter and much like a gunslinger in the old west, would shoot someone and take their hat or take their guns or, y'know, you win a victory over another warrior and you take something of theirs - Boba Fett's armor probably is made up of different pieces of found Mandalorian gear. It's a little hodge-podge of mix n' match which I think, kinda leands itself to the idea that he acquires different pieces of Mandalorian armor over time. Why does he do that? Because his dad wore it. That's the connection for him. So I imagine this Mandalorian armor really isn't being created again and again and again when you look at the time of the Empire. Boba just - whenever he finds some of it, he fixes it up, he uses it. He's probably got a bunch of it in Slave 1. Different rocket packs, we've seen that on Boba. Different wristguards, we've seen that on Boba. So how do our Death Watch go from being these silver, prestine-looking uniform military guys - there must be something that happens in between here and where Boba's getting all this weird green and yellow and red armor. Um, and we'll just have to wait and see."

ZY-Fighter likes this.