main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Old Republic MMO: The New Official Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Oct 7, 2012.

1. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I'd love a six-part KOTOR adaption.

1) The Mandalorian Wars (chronicling Revan's rise and defeat of Mandalore the Ultimate)
    2) Into the Unknown Regions (chronicling Revan's fall to the dark side; the film would end with him getting betrayed by Malak)
    2) Knights of the Old Republic (a direct adaptation of KOTOR 1)

4) The Sith Lords (a direct adaptation of KOTOR 2)
    5) Discovery of Darkness (the Exile goes to search for Revan; the film ends with her discovering Dromund Kaas)
    6) Attack on the Sith Emperor (a quasi-adaptation of the Revan novel; Meetra rescues Revan with the aid of Scourge, and they confront Emperor Vitiate)

2. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    I think adapt KOTOR, but have Revan go Dark. That should set it apart from other Star Wars works I would think (although, then it loses the theme of redemption)

But not KOTOR 2. It would be a horrible film, you would need to re-work it a lot (maybe have the exile be evil? Other wise it's a bit pointless, find the jedi masters, then they all get killed any way)

3. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    I personally I always preferred Dark side male Revan(But then I was always a big fan of post Kotor DMR fanfic like this one) and then Light side female Exile

4. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I disagree because cheesy as it was, I love a tale of love and redemption so Light Side Revan Male or Female as both work well.

Also, man, my Sith Inquisitor is torn.

I want to take down Alcina because it's MY Empire but I love Lana Beniko and enjoy making my stories tragic.

Which, of course, means that killing Theron's dad is also great as they're besties.

Decisons decisions.

RafSwi7 and AusStig like this.
  5. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    [double post]

6. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    My Warrior will be confused, in my mind he killed Quinn several years ago.

AusStig likes this.
  7. RafSwi7

RafSwi7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2011
    Some new mails from "War for Iokath".

Republic Fleet Access
    I know you sided with the Empire, but I wouldn't dock your ship with the Imperial Fleet just yet. Vaiken Spacedock's not safe. I ran a full security assessment, and Lana reached out to some old contacts to see if we could work out an arrangement. No matter how you slice it, we can't guarantee that you--a decorated Republic hero--could walk through the Imperial station without getting ambushed. Then there's the risk of your ship being stolen or sabotaged. I guess some Imps aren't as accepting as Empress Acina. Luckily, yours truly worked out a fix. Thanks to my handiwork, your ship's updated with new-and-improved landing credentials. They'll let you dock with the Republic Fleet at Carrick Station without raising any alarms. As long as you don't whip out any Imperial banners, you should be fine.
    Imperial Fleet Access
    I know you sided with the Republic, but you should think twice before docking with their fleet at Carrick Station. I ran a full security assessment, and there are too many variables--from the risk of an ambush to ship security. No matter how you slice it, we can't guarantee that you--a former champion of the Empire--could walk through the Republic station without a hundred people taking a shot at you. Not even Malcom can ensure your safety. Luckily, yours truly worked out a fix. Thanks to my handiwork, your ship's updated with new-and-improved landing credentials. They'll let you dock with the Imperial Fleet at Vaiken Spacedock without raising any alarms. Just try not to redecorate the place with Republic insignias.
    Surveillance Initialized
    As you requested, we've begun surveilling the Eternal Alliance and its many partners in an attempt to root out the traitor on Iokath. Impartial third-party agents are conducting the investigation. They've compiled the following encrypted report for your eyes only. Not even Theron or I can see its contents. SURVEILLANCE REPORT Scans are complete for all Alliance communications sent in the past 24 hours. Of these messages, 11% contained language that implicitly or explicitly criticized the Commander and/or the Eternal Alliance. Flagging these 1,681 Alliance personnel for Stage 2 Monitoring. The remaining messages broke down as follows: - 67% official Alliance reports (Iokath surveys, battle updates, etc.) - 18% employee complaints (food, living conditions, etc.) - 6% family missives (birth announcements, recipes, funerals, etc.) - 4% letters expressing love/affection between Alliance personnel - 3% encoded transmissions (contained financial data, nothing suspicious) - 2% unsent drafts Next Steps: Prioritize suspects and begin targeted investigations. Mass-scale monitoring will continue. More reports to follow.
    Breach of Trust
    I'm sickened, Commander. I was just informed that you approved a plan to spy on every member of the Eternal Alliance. I called them lies, but then I confronted Lana--and I learned that it's all true. Our people sacrificed everything to follow your cause. This is how you repay them? By betraying their trust, invading their privacy, and digging through their personal lives? I know you've been stung by a traitor's actions, but this isn't the answer. While you wage a war to root out one corrupting agent, you risk laying waste to everything else you've built, and betraying everything the Alliance stands for. I considered sending you my resignation, but I won't abandon the people who look to me for guidance. I've surrendered my files to your spies. I will continue to fight for the Eternal Alliance. I sincerely hope you find this traitor before more damage is done.
    Surveillance Report: Lana Beniko
    [Note: The following surveillance report was compiled for the Alliance Commander only.] Subject: Lana Beniko, former Minister of Sith Intelligence. Family: Parents Jaren and Kelsa (deceased). No siblings. Beniko follows a regimented daily schedule of meditation, sparring practice, coordination of Eternal Alliance spy networks, a strict diet, and a mixture of tea and bourbon before bed. Writes poetry on (poorly) encrypted datapad. Judging by email scans, adherence to routine, and professional pride, Beniko has a low likelihood of sedition. However, Intelligence training gives her the necessary tools to mask true motives. Threat Degree: Inconclusive. Next Steps: Elevate Beniko to Stage 3 Monitoring. Focus on her communications with spy network contacts. Send poetry to cryptographers to search for hidden messages.
    The Traitor
    Whoever betrayed you on Iokath is smarter than we thought. Lana and I are running down leads, but they've covered their tracks well. The best we can do is investigate top suspects and rule out others. Captain Elara Dorne and Major Malavai Quinn are both innocent. Multiple sources confirmed they were nowhere near you when the throne was sabotaged. I scanned their personal files, and their stories check out. All your advisors have agreed to be questioned. Hylo nearly gave me a black eye when I asked, but Lana calmed her down. Oggurobb, Aygo, and Sana-Rae were all cooperative. Lana and I are first up for interrogation. As for Malcom, we're just not sure. Most of his communications are shielded by the SIS. He was on the battlefield when the superweapon overloaded, but there was so much chaos I can't find anyone who can confirm his location. We'll keep digging. I know it doesn't count for much, but as his son, I don't believe he's the conspiracy type. We will to find this traitor. It's just going to take some time.
    Alternate version:
    Whoever betrayed you on Iokath is smarter than we thought. Lana and I are running down leads, but they've covered their tracks well. The best we can do is investigate top suspects and rule out others. Captain Elara Dorne and Major Malavai Quinn are both innocent. Multiple sources confirmed they were nowhere near you when the throne was sabotaged. I scanned their personal files, and their stories check out. All your advisors have agreed to be questioned. Hylo nearly gave me a black eye when I asked, but Lana calmed her down. Oggurobb, Aygo, and Sana-Rae were all cooperative. Lana and I are first up for interrogation. Acina's a tougher nut to crack. Most of her intel's guarded by Sith Intelligence. Luckily, I planted some tracers on Dromund Kaas during our last visit, and they just happened to grab a classified message sent to the Empress within a few minutes of the throne's sabotage. I'll decrypt it and alert you if we find something. We will find this traitor. It's just going to take some time.

DarthJaceus, AusStig and Darth Sophis like this.
  8. Valryk

Valryk Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 27, 2016
    I'm sure it's been asked before but:

What happened with the original body of Vitiate? I know he is killed as Valkorion so what stops him from returning to his Sith Pureblood body?

9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The Iokath plotline is appealing but for a 'canon route' it doesn't help me plot the ending. Neither the Republic or Empire are narratively the good guys. Hell, we're no longer the good guys really. It's just a war which doesn't seem able to stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RavagerFish, AusStig, Ghost and 4 others like this.
  10. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    If only the class stories had continued :(

TaradosGon and AusStig like this.
  11. Darth Sophis

Darth Sophis Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    Ah, that is our old friend reality showing its face...in a work of fiction. Whatever its recent shortcomings, KotET still has a transparent view on the sides of conflict, rather than one coloured by traditional notions. War is indeed a bland grinder stretched over unpredictable timeframes, fantasies of glory notwithstanding.

I actually appreciate the clairvoyance of it, as going back to the status quo or resolving such conflicts quickly would be a fairy tale-level move at this point. [face_thinking]

RafSwi7 and Sinrebirth like this.
  12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I am very much enjoying it, but I just look at it all and wonder where the heavens it's going.

I do quite like a narrative with twists and the Eternal Empire is akin to the Yuuzhan Vong rudely interfering with the Galactic Civil War, and so it has achieved that.

Similarly I love how the Old Sith Wars were not so much won as that they simply ended. The Jedi, Sith, Republic and Empire were shredded, and on their last legs.

Legends never really ended the era the Clone Wars kicked off, and the Jedi did not so much win the New Sith Wars as the Sith ended them.

So narratively I am curious to see how the Galactic Wars end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RafSwi7 and Darth Sophis like this.
  13. Darth Sophis

Apr 5, 2016
    Agreed on all points!

Indeed there are quite a few military and political shifts between KotET and the dominant Republic that Ruin then plunges into chaos again ca 2000 BBY - most notably the complete absence of Zakuul and the Fleet from the galactic scene, as far we know, an eternal empire in fact being rather short-lived.

It would be quite a treat if that transition was somehow addressed towards the end, even if cursorily! A final nod towards the Legends from which the game had sprung, perhaps?

One question now is whether they intend to truly resolve the narrative at some future date, wrapping up the period so to speak, and whether said resolution will align with the old (or new?) canon.

14. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    I know the chances of this are small, but it might help TOR's marketability if they started putting new canon stuff in--Jedha, Ahch-To, etc.

As Legends stuff (KOTOR, Tales of the Jedi) becomes more distant, newer fans will want to know more about the places they see in the new canon. TOR could be around to help with that (as opposed to making an entirely new game).

Sinrebirth likes this.
  15. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Could the traitor be Jadus?

16. Valryk

Dec 27, 2016
    Isn't Jadus dead? From KOTFE

17. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    No. But he's not part of the Alliance either, so I really have no idea where this is coming from (other than that Slowpokeking thinks he's awesome).

18. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

No. By the stars, will there ever be anything you don't expect to revolve around Jadus?

19. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Chill man. He just likes the character.

RafSwi7 likes this.
  20. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Because he was way too interesting to me since I love the agent story, especially after KotFE came out a lot of his actions actually made sense. He might be the only person who knew what Vitiate was doing in the vanilla era.

21. Valryk

Dec 27, 2016
    I agree hence why he decided to leave before Vitiate had his dinner. He and Malgus were the ones who came off as true Sith for me.

AusStig likes this.
  22. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

I know. Maybe my reaction was a bit extreme, but literally Slowpoke's first question when anything new comes up is "Is that Jadus?" This is a pretty slow thread so as common as it is, I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that Slowpoke asks that question every two to three pages. Like I said, though, my reaction was extreme. Sorry. [face_dunno]

23. Valryk

Dec 27, 2016
    You sound a bit
    jaded

24. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Did Jadus know about Vitiate's plan?

25. Darth Sophis

Apr 5, 2016
    I have counted, and there are 16 distinct music tracks (23 if close variations are counted) of Valkorion's theme in RotE (1), KotFE (8/11) and KotET (7/11) combined, the RotE (Ziost) one being the first heard. And those are the ones I am sure of - it may in fact be similar in basic melody to the main SWTOR theme and Sidious' theme among others, for all I know as a non-musician. :p

RafSwi7 and Sinrebirth like this.