main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books A/V STAR WARS: ROGUE #$^$%&ING ONE: A STAR WARS STORY

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I've heard that too, but I've never heard if it's actually true. I'd be very surprised if they literally considered using Mimban, as opposed to just using a swamp/jungle planet instead of another desert.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  2. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
  3. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    Cool, although I'm glad that they went with something unique. I find that pulling Legends stuff into canon sometimes takes me out of the story.

Sarge likes this.
  4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    While looking through my art book to see if there was evidence of that (I didn't find any), I discovered for the first time that there's a full page on Coruscant just hidden in the middle of the Jedha section, between pages on Saw and Baze/Chirrut.

Really. Really. I had this book from before the dang movie was out and yet in all these months I didn't realize there was a Coruscant concept art page?

I am really disappointed in myself.

5. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Thrawn in Rebels takes you out of the story?? :(

6. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Well if you didn't notice the Coruscant page I see no reason to take your word on this. :p

7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Your logic is faulty: you have every reason to believe that "I didn't find any [evidence]."

Jedi Princess likes this.
  8. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015

Kaboom!

CooperTFN likes this.
  9. WebLurker

Mar 12, 2016

That one doesn't quite do it, although I think it's because they just took the idea of the character (a super smart Imperial officer with a specific personality), rather than trying to retcon his entire Legends bio into the franchise. (Bear in mind that I was against Rebels using him in the first place, so the fact that I do like how they handled him does say something.)

10. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    It's funny, Legends stuff appearing in canon tends to have the opposite effect for me: it makes me feel nostalgic and at home.

11. WebLurker

Mar 12, 2016

Fair enough.

Darth Basin and BobaMatt like this.
  12. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I can see where WebLurker's coming from though -- screwy stuff like all Falleen dressed exactly as Xizor, or Quinlan's bizarre left-field infatuation with Asajj (and vice-versa!) are sort of facepalm-worthy.

Although on the whole use of the old elements has been fantastic. I still haven't recovered from R1's hammerhead scene. Or the Year of Thrawn.

Kylun likes this.
  13. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    You mean Year of Dutch.

Bly, Daneira, jSarek and 7 others like this.
  14. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    The year Red & Gold Leader return in all thier glory!

Bly, BigAl6ft6, Daneira and 2 others like this.
  15. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    If, by intolerant, you mean that we're GAGGING on them at this point, then yes...

16. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Apparently he's in Rebels too. I haven't been keeping up with season 3, but that's sort of awesome.

17. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Another idiot tweeted Pablo on "Why no Bothans in Rogue One?" again!

Told him to go and read lore.

18. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Random observation that might be obvious but RO introducing single reactor ignitions into the movieverse establishes that the DS2 wasn't using planetkiller-level blasts to take out capital ships.

Like I said, might be obvious but it confirms it from a movie perspective.

19. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    Interesting point. That also helps to explain (at least in my mind) how they were able to fire so many blasts in quick succession. Obviously there wouldn't be nearly as much drain on the reactor, and they wouldn't have to wait as long for ignition to take place.

20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Single reactor slowly spreading a wave of death and destruction across the planet = "Oh, it's beautiful." Krennic's reaction there I think is probably what you can boil his character down to. Which is kind of awesome. Also he was legit ticked it was only a single reactor but he got his wish. (Also the single reactor does preserve Alderaan as being the "first fully functional test" of the DS superlazer)

21. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Also DS2 had a bigger reactor able to enable greater speed of firing with greater control over the intensity of the beam, so able to target capital ships.

22. Counter

Counter Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 3, 2017

That's my experience a lot as well. Although I do like the idea of being able to cull some of the parts of Legends that I thought were silly (Waru, I'm looking at you!). I just want Legends-era Wedge to return...I don't like the new characterization of him as this pilot who lacks confidence and bravado.

23. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    True but that information is primarily from technical or reference sources- they never really discuss its capabilities on screen. RO retroactively provides that detail now, as we can assume the DS2 had the same feature.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  24. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Oh, all right then.

25. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    Now that he's supposedly stepping away from Transformers, wouldn't he be a great choice to have a go at Star Wars?

...no...?

...Star Wars Transformers...?

Gladly I'm only joking at this point, but then again, maybe someone at Disney does the maths and comes up with huge North American margins thanks to the brand and a somewhat selly-outy take on blockbusters that Bay can provide.

Jedi Ben likes this.