main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit [Spoilers] Cobb Vanth's Armor

Discussion in 'Literature' started by ARC_RC-7567, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    "So I imagine this Mandalorian armor really isn't being created again and again and again when you look at the time of the Empire."

This comment though ended up being false or proved incorrect via Rebels, there is even different versions of it going back to TCW and continued on Rebels where even imperialized Mandalorian Commandos exist. I think with Trank's debacle and the disastrous Fett movie , they may end up going back to Logan .

2. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Boba & Jango in not being Mandos became victims of one of GL's mood swings. Boba was originally a Journey Man Protector from the Mandalorian planet of Concord Dawn & his real name was Jaster.

They'll always be Mandalorians to me.

Jaster Vhett likes this.
  3. P4KISTAN

P4KISTAN Jedi Master star 1

Jun 3, 2013
    Star Wars: Uprising featured concept art of both Boba Fett and Jodo Kast:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Makes you wonder if they intended to bring the legends Imposter Boba story arc back into canon (right after RotJ!)

4. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    I don't think they intended anything like that. Those are early bounty hunter concepts developments by Brian Matyas. At that point, the game's story hadn't been well defined at all. The Art of SW Uprising even contains concept art of Vader, Han Solo, and Luke, and we all know they had nothing to do with that story.

5. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Jodo did get his armor by killing a Mandalorian and taking it off the Mando's corpse. That has to be worth something.

(On that note...while Mia Mesharad has convinced me that making the Fetts not Mando was a bad idea...I wouldn't mind seeing a bunch of Mandos going after Boba, and him wiping the floor with them. Perhaps even saying something like "I love it when Mandalorians attack me. It is a good source of spare parts.")

6. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Funny how in Legends JK was a "Pretendalorian" but in nucanon Kast is now a clan name.

7. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Ehh, minor correction: Jodo is actually a grave robber, who acquired his armor from the body of a Clone Wars-era Mandalorian Protector who died on Zaadja. Though he was apparently responsible for killing the Mandalorian Feskitt Bobb during a larger battle between the Empire and Rebel Alliance.

I would think a decent "One Canon" solution would be that Kast was always a clan name, and in fact the surname of the Mandalorian whose armor Jodo stole, with Jodo merely adopting the Kast name as his own while crafting his new identity as a pseudo-Mandalorian bounty hunter.

8. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Whoops. I thought Feskitt Bob was where he got his armor from.

In retrospect, it didn't make a lot of sense for him to wear armor taken from a Mandallian giant.

About Kast - that could work. But it could also work that is a coincidence - it is a big galaxy and only short words to use for names. Plus, in a lot of stories being Mando is more about cultural norms than genetics, so there could conceivably be a bunch of people descended from ex-Mandos who kept the surname. Arguably, Boba Fett himself counted - even in Travis legends he didn't become a Manadlorian until rather late in his life.

Darth Basin likes this.
  9. Dimitar

Dimitar Jedi Padawan

Jan 22, 2017
    I believe it is possible the Tatooine interludes in the Aftermath trilogy set up the story of the upcoming video game from Visceral Games with Cobb Vanth being one of the playable characters.

10. Contessa

Contessa Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    That would be interesting. Hell, I think there's a Mando in TOR named Jodo too, so maybe the who thing's a pseudonym.

Or this. That could definitely work too. It'd be interesting if Kast was like...trying to reclaim an old family heritage or something, as part of his whole deal.

11. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

Close. It's Jogo, actually.

12. Contessa

Contessa Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    Jodo's from the quest where you pick up Torian, right?

13. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    This is my preferred backstory for the Fetts, now, tho...

Revanfan1 and MercenaryAce like this.
  14. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

Yeah, that's who I was thinking of, but I checked and it's "Jogo the Carver."