main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit One Canon - Merging Legends and the New Canon - TFA spoilers, very much so

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sinrebirth , Jan 8, 2016.

1. Zohar

Zohar Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2017
    I would like to see that very much, master Sinrebirth.

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    As long as it is set after Life Debt, so Wedge has had sufficient recovery time to fly and should thus be handling ground missions too, it seems fine. There are three months of recovery being grounded from Akiva to Kashyyyk.

Zohar, I have done fine tuning with the 13 SSD issue and then it will be up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Same. I'm impressed. Continue.

4. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Ah OK. There's no rhyme or reason to my placing method, I just put stuff in my collection where I think it makes sense (hence Plagueis being placed at its earliest possible point and Catalyst at its latest possible point).

That's because I think Plagueis works well as a continuation of the Darth Bane trilogy, and because Catalyst I think works well as a prequel to the Rogue One prologue.

Labyrinth of Evil and Shatterpoint are similar scenarios. Shatterpoint could and probably should go after Yoda: Dark Rendezvous, but I think Mace's internal monologues about Geonosis make it an ideal epilogue to AOTC. Labyrinth of Evil has in my headcanon has time jumps just like Catalyst to fit it in with TCW, but I think it works best read as a prequel to the currently-unreleased Siege of Mandalore, so that's why it is where it is in my timeline.

Now we just need to get Siege of Mandalore in some form so I can put it between Labyrinth of Evil and ROTS :p

PCCViking likes this.
  5. QuiWanKenJin

QuiWanKenJin Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2005
    *Looks around and cracks his knuckles*

Ah, this is exactly the thread I was looking for. You see, I'm trying to reconcile The Force Unleashed with Star Wars Rebels. In Force Unleashed, Princess Leia seems like she is much younger than she is in "A Princess on Lothal" so maybe TFU takes place before Rebels or between season 1 and season 2. However, the other problem; the most recent episode of Rebels, "Secret Cargo" Mon Mothma it seems, just recently came out of the closet, which feels like once she escaped the Death Star in TFU she laid low for quite awhile before dissing the Emperor on the Holonet.

By the way, if you are guys are trying to reconcile the Thrawn Trilogy with the Sequel Trilogy you're goose may soon be cooked. Cause you see, Anakin Skywalker's lightsaber is a plot piece in both. It will hinge on what Luke says in The Last Jedi, if he gave his father's saber to Maz Kanata then there is still hope, but if he infers or says he hasn't seen it since Bespin, or Thrawn dies in Rebels, then sadly that bridge has been burned. [face_dunno]

6. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

I feel like TFU just made Leia seem too young for the age she was actually supposed to be at that point in the timeline.

7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I'm anticipating (subject to later episodes), that Mon Mothma's meeting on Dantooine in Rebels will predate the Corellian Treaty. Perhaps Mon Mothma and Bail Organa's cells unify with Garm Bel Iblis' cell then. See we shall.

As to the lightsaber, it very much depends on what happens in the films.

PCCViking likes this.
  8. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Hopefully, my theory: clone of Luke (or other Imperial darksider) uses it; Mara gets it after defeating that individual; Mara gives it to Maz after she makes her own lightsaber. :cool:

Sinrebirth likes this.
  9. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Even before the Disney buyout I didn't consider TFU canon. It makes everything a lot easier that way.

10. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I largely get by; I assume Vader threw both fights with Starkiller. The first one to let Starkiller have a stab at Palpatine, and allow the Rebels to escape and provide Vader a cover for his schemes. The seconds one to allow Starkiller's clone to find the main Rebel base (on Dantooine).

Interestingly Ruins of Dantooine tells us that a traitor forced them to abandon the base. That could be an interesting interpretation to Starkiller's clone attacking the base.

PCCViking likes this.
  11. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    I don't see why it's canon-breaking to have Galen win the fights.

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  12. Zohar

Zohar Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2017
    Actually it's just plain wrong.

13. Daneira

Jun 30, 2016
    I just meant the whole "Vader essentially created the Rebel Alliance" thing and the fact that several prominent senators were kidnapped and brought to the Death Star and then didn't immediately tell the Senate.

14. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Well it was more Sidious who made it, or should I say, helped it along, as the Rebellion was happening anyway.

As to the senate; it would have caused a panic, and they had no proof. So it makes sense they did not tell the Senate (or the Rebellion at large).

Darkslayer and SpecForce Trooper like this.
  15. QuiWanKenJin

Oct 14, 2005

One problem, Leia seems younger in TFU.

16. QuiWanKenJin

Oct 14, 2005
    QUOTE=Sinrebirth] Well it was more Sidious who made it, or should I say, helped it along, as the Rebellion was happening anyway.

As to the senate; it would have caused a panic, and they had no proof. So it makes sense they did not tell the Senate (or the Rebellion at large).

Hmm, I find it interesting that Palpatine/Sidious did not try to arrange their deaths behind the scenes, instead of leaving them alive to plot against him. [face_thinking]

17. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Younger in TFU to Rebels?

Rebels is fairly stylised, just as Clone Wars was. The depictions are not perfectly in sync with other mediums (see Dooku, which was acknowledged in the propaganda book as a very stylised portrait of him).

This is without accepting the medium differences anyway - Saw having differing eye colours between mediums for example.

PCCViking likes this.
  18. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Sinrebirth
    I've a question that's not directly related but might be intersting.
    How long (IU) are the SW movies?
    Given that Padme seems to be going through several months of pregnancy in RotS and Luke training probably weeks with Yoda in ESB I'm wondering over which in universe timespan the movies take place.

19. Daneira

Jun 30, 2016
    According to Wookieepedia, the Battle of Coruscant was on GrS 16:5:20, and the duel on Mustafar was on 16:5:23, so the bulk of RotS, aside from the epilogue scenes, takes place over the course of three standard days.

Maythe14thBeWithYou likes this.
  20. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Well I would think the government being under Imperial control would have made it EXTREMELY difficult.

And I love the idea of the Sith being their own worst enemies. Totally fits IMO

21. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    It's on the Wookiee, generally.

They usually take place in the third month of the year I recall.

22. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    I never had a problem with that element of TFU it adds some irony to both Vader and Palpatine's machinations and doesn't violate their characters.

I can certainly see Palpatine seeking to organize all known rebels and dissidents into one organization hence making destroying them a lot easier.

23. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    So Padme went from not showing to giving birth in three whole days? Who the heck came up with that??

Revanfan1 likes this.
  24. Daneira

Jun 30, 2016
    Well, it could be argued that Padme wasn't showing because she was wearing outfits that would hide her secret pregnancy.

25. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Plus the twins might be premature - with the droids having induced labor "if we are to save the babies" since she's dying.

With the reason they don't look premature, being movie convenience.