main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo [Official Info] Joonas Suotamo (Chewbacca) in Solo

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Jonipoon, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Chewie not being in the movie is about the lowest probability scenario in the world. You should be fine...

Doom_Buggy, themoth and bizzbizz like this.
  2. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I wonder if we will get Wookies, not just Chewbacca in this film? No offence to those that love Kashyyyk the way it was portrayed in ROTS but I would love to see them have a go at this again in a real jungle :cool: Wouldn't that be something!

11-4D and Gigoran Monk like this.
  3. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Amen. Kashyyyk looks absolutely horrible in ROTS. Give it a makeover.

Avnar likes this.
  4. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    Or just go inland a couple miles? It's not like we saw the whole planet.

5. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Considering how it's described in the books, it's ROTS appearance was very underwhelming. We still haven't seen a proper wroshyr tree.

6. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Absolutely! Am I wrong, or did Mustafar look a hell of a lot better in RO than ROTS? I thought it looked more real... 10 years has made a fair bit of difference (although The Great Wall hasn't seemed to notice taking cgi back 20 years [face_whistling])

Gigoran Monk likes this.
  7. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    confirmed to be played by
    Joonas Suotamo as Chewbacca.

and first official pic of Chewie!!!
    [​IMG]

B3 likes this.
  8. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    Well I'll be. That picture made me hoot out loud. Sign me up.

But why is he wearing the mask, or even the suit? It's not like the rest of them are in costume.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  9. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    Chewbaca doesn't wear a costume.... or a mask...?

B3 likes this.
  10. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Or.. Anything.. :p

11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    That is Han's costume. It sucks. Too "earth". Woody Harrelson's blue Jedi robes are kinda cool, though.

12. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003

He's got that "bag". it's actually a loin-cloth. Wookie genitailia is located on the outer thigh. Little known fact.

Yeah, Ive got some pullover green robes like that that says "winterpark colorado" across the chest. has a cool pocket for my lightsaber.

GregMcP and B99 like this.
  13. CarboniteSolo

CarboniteSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 11, 2013
    I would love to see Han Solo, Lando and Chewie sitting in the Falcon in full costume.

Let's just hope Lando doesn't steal Han's clothes again, lol.

14. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    wobbits, ZY-Fighter and B3 like this.
  15. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    All prequel planets would need a partial makeover to appear in the new movies, and they have. Just look how Mustafar was de-prequelized.

Gigoran Monk and Avnar like this.
  16. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I'm kinda surprised to hear what some are saying on here about Kashyyyk! I for one loved it! This is all definitely a matter of opinion of course, but still...

Re: using real jungles and terrain etc., IIRC, they did use models, sets and real scenery for those scenes-it wasn't all just CG. I totes agree that there could be much more to the planet and eco system than what we briefly saw in ROTS, for sure-which allows for a lot of opportunity to see something fresh. But honestly, I think it's possibly my favorite planet in the saga!

Re: Mustafar, I just thought what we saw there was just the difference between night and day. And again, it could just be another part of the planet. I mean think of all the different ways our planet looks! It's perfectly legit to believe that's what we're seeing. I don't think there was anything wrong with how Mustafar looked in ROTS. In fact I felt it looked quite awesome. And again with how they made it-it was a mix of models and CG, rather than all rendering. So I don't really think R1 was really trying to DE-prequelize Mustafar. Especially after seeing so many things in the film that connected with the PT.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  17. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    What's up with everyone saying the ST and R1 are "de-prequelizing" things? It doesn't make any sense. If you wanted to further the movies from the PT why would you keep things from them to begin with? Like locations and characters. I think they are avoiding some things but they're not "de-prequelizing" or reinventing things.

DARTH_BELO and TCF-1138 like this.
  18. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    It's called confirmation bias, and it's more like 2 people.

19. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    They're not emphasizing the PT (why would they, it was 18 years before RO and 50 years before TFA), but they're not denying it either. There are still lots of elements, characters, etc. showing up in the new movies. Why would they deny it? I don't love them either, but they did happen.

20. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Just pointing out what I'm seeing. The prequel planets are often criticized for not being true to the Star Wars aesthetic and I agree with that. The OT planets were mostly Earthly in nature and I don't see any other reason to redesign Mustafar than to make it fit into that.

21. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    There wasn't a redesign. It was rock, and lava. That's it. The only difference was that it was at night in ROTS, and at day in R1.

Now, let's get back on topic.

22. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

I agree on both points about Kashyyyk and Mustafar.

I thought the giant Wroshyr trees looked great. ILM did a great job of making those trees look real; and really sold the scale of the huge trees. My favorite part about the design of the trees, was that they had living spaces inside the trees. The trees are so big, that the Wookiees use them like apartment buildings. This is a much better idea then simply having simple tree houses perching on the branches, like in the Star Wars Holiday Special. People should also take note that what we saw was just one Wookiee settlement on a beach. There are other Wookie cities deeper in the forests of Kashyyyk, that we never saw.

And the people who complained about too much CGI in the Prequels, shouldn't complain about Kashyyyk; since they built a 12 foot tall miniature of the Wroshyr tree, and used Plate Shots of China for the beach location.

Edit: I will just mention Chewbacca to get back on Topic. :chewie: :p

23. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    I will say that I hope we do get to visit Kashyyyk in the film. ROTS didn't come close to the way that Wroshyr trees are described in the books, and that includes the nu-canon. They're supposed to be miles tall, with cities built between them. I want to see that, so gimme. C'mon Han (film) ol' buddy, don't let me down.

fishtailsam and TCF-1138 like this.
  24. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I kinda doubt we'll see Kashyyyk unless Han's background of serving in the Imperial navy is kept. The Empire has it completely blockaded and is shipping Wookiee's off world as slaves. I doubt they allow anyone to come and go as they please.

25. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    A blockade is the ideal situation for smugglers though, making it fit again if theys wanted to go that route ;)