main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Old Republic MMO: The New Official Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Oct 7, 2012.

1. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    I'm pretty sure the game is winding down -- Fallen Empire didn't revive the game as much as Bioware wanted.

2. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010

Well Fallen Empire was a soft reboot.

So unless they plan a full re-lunch (which I might be ok with, if we get full class stories back haha :( ) i don't know how they can reboot it more

3. RafSwi7

RafSwi7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2011
    Kyle K Everything post the update 5.2 is still a mystery for us

Oh my... the Unstable Arbiter’s Lightsaber will be available for direct sale for 7,600 Cartel Coins. Whoa... I wonder if folks at BioWare are aware that they want 60$ for one cosmetic item. I am all for the idea of direct sale, but 7600 is way too much (you can easily buy two Witcher III copies for a such amount of money).

Actually the Fallen Empire was a success. It seems that the Eternal Empire was not as successful. Still, the most players left for other reasons and not because of the story.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  4. Valryk

Valryk Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 27, 2016
    I think it's a shame they no longer bothered to follow the Legends continuity after it was declared non-canon.

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    It is perfect Legends continuity, as far as I am aware.

We already had retcons in place as to how portions of the Unknown could be known in the game, but unknown again in the future; the Republic Dark Age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Kyle K

Kyle K Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 5, 2017
    I think next update will be about Force theme. We didn't have any theme before like agent trooper warrior bounty hunter theme but no Force theme

7. Valryk

Dec 27, 2016
    I've been thinking of diving back but I have a story question about KOTFE/KOTET

Can you kill both Vaylin and Arcann on a single character? I'm not a big fan of being forced to redeem genocidal freaks

8. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    Yep.

9. Valryk

Dec 27, 2016
    Marvelous, thanks you.

10. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    [face_laugh]

Sinrebirth likes this.
  11. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    Some upcoming CM items.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

12. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    Guess what world we will visit after 5.2...

Umbara (Flashpoint)

13. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    Major NPCs in post 5.2. update (5.3 I guess).

Malgus (it is still unknown if he will appear in person, his "NPC file" is also listed on Iokath but he is never mentioned in dialogues), Satele Shan and General Garza

14. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Damn, damn, damn.

RafSwi7 likes this.
  15. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    New stronghold is hinted in files.

It will be located on Zakuul

16. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Ugh, that new Jedi gear is frustrating. On the one hand, great tunic. On the other...why with the hood and helmet? Ugh.

17. Kyle K

Mar 5, 2017
    Malgus Satele Shan and General Garza.

Interesting about 5.3 with these characters and I don't think Malgus want to cooperate with Satele and Garza but Marr could work together with Satele so why not Malgus.

Then returning companions will be a surprise.

RafSwi7 likes this.
  18. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016

This is definitely something i'm interested in. Wonder if it will be based on its TCW appearance? Probably is. Hopefully it takes place in that previously unnamed capital. That would be cool.

19. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Yes.

20. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    The new stronghold will be most likely Vaylin's penthouse from KotET.

I do not think we will see new companions in the flashpoint.

21. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    New 5.2. mails:

Resource Crisis
    I've got some bad news, Commander. While you've been butting heads with our friends on Iokath, I've been keeping an eye on the rest of the galaxy. People are talking. Sure, they're scared of the blowback from your war, but that's not what keeps them awake at night. There's no easy way to say it. The galaxy's resources are running dry. Things already looked dicey before the Eternal Empire rolled in and stripped the galaxy of every resource they could find. Then we had to patch things up after they wrecked entire planets. Now, raw materials are in low supply, rebuilding efforts have slowed to a crawl, and we're running out of supplies to keep the Eternal Alliance going. I reached out to my underworld contacts, hoping they'd have an angle on more resources. But no such luck. They're more panicked than anybody. You can smell the Hutt flop sweat from the next system. I'll keep hunting. In the meantime, you should hold onto Iokath with everything you've got. That world may be our last shot at nailing down the supplies we need to survive.
    Quinn to romanced Warrior
    My lord, When we married, I thought my embarrassing, boyish admiration of you would finally end. But seeing the empire you've built without me, I find myself awestruck once more. My wife is still the fierce, powerful warrior I fell in love with--and now she's an empress. I'm so proud to stand with you again, as your ally and partner. I spent six years chasing the intoxicating passion I felt while serving you. Now, in your presence, I've finally tasted it again. My love for you burns as strongly now as it did all those years ago. With your permission, I will follow you to the ends of the galaxy. All I ask in return is that you allow me to remain by your side, as your faithful husband. I love you, my lord. I always will.
    Surveillance Report: Jace Malcom
    [Note: The following surveillance report was compiled for the Alliance Commander only.] Subject: Jace Malcom, Supreme Commander of the Galactic Republic. Family: Son Theron (estranged?). Former lover Satele Shan (status unknown). Malcom rises before dawn, runs five kilometers, meditates, runs battle simulations, and discusses strategy with his advisors. He sharpens his combat knife, an antique relic from his campaign on Alderaan. He has a refined palette, drinks brandy to take the edge off. Some of his personnel call him "Malcom the Machine," which he discourages, but secretly appears to like. His messages are locked behind SIS safeguards, but we recovered several communications and are working to decrypt them. Included in this discovery was an unsent draft addressed to his son Theron Shan. It's incomplete, but contained a heartfelt apology--for what, we don't know. If this refers to his treachery, we will find proof shortly. Threat Degree: Moderate. Next Steps: Elevate Malcom to Stage 3 Monitoring. Decrypt intercepted messages. Identify compromised members of his staff and probe them for more intel.
    Surveillance Report: Empress Acina
    [Note: The following surveillance report was compiled for the Alliance Commander only.] Subject: Acina. Empress of the Sith Empire. Former Dark Council member, Sphere of Technology. Family: None. Acina stays up late and rises early. Few visitors. Diligently practices saber technique. Dabbles in horticulture, which is unexpected from the former head of the Empire's Sphere of Technology. Drinks only purified water (elitist affectation or precaution against assassination attempts?) from Dromund Kaas. All messages are heavily encoded, but we intercepted one sent to Darth Vowrawn, her former colleague on the Dark Council. Could Vowrawn be the traitor or a fellow conspirator? Threat Degree: Moderate. Next Steps: Elevate Acina to Stage 3 Monitoring. Begin observation of Darth Vowrawn. Identify compromised members of her staff and probe them for more intel.

22. Kyle K

Mar 5, 2017
    When do you think the new flashpoint will be released?

May or june?

What kind of missing companions do you want to see next after Quinn and Elara?
    I thought IT might be Lord Scourge Kira and Lt Iresso or Tanno Vik
    Then the 2nd big boss will be in Umbara.

I red this on reddit that these 3 characters are friendly and they are going to work together.

23. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Well that's good or have confirmation of the continued survival of
    Vowrawn

Darkslayer, AusStig and RafSwi7 like this.
  24. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    No idea. It will (most probably) be only one flashpoint, so I hope it will be released earlier, not later.
    It depends on the future storyline. For example I don't want to see Scourge right now if his return does not fit the story.
    You mean the "Old Gods" like TYTH? I think that all of them will be a part of Iokath operation.
    Friendly "status" says very little about the actual story. It might mean a little conversation before the fight and they might add "hostile" versions later. For example you have plenty "friendly" Revans in SoR expansion (I don't mean the spirit) becasue you talk to him during cutscenes. Umbara is too incomplete to draw any conclusions (only 5 NPCs and nothing else).

25. Kyle K

Mar 5, 2017
    I might understand about these updates 5.3 5.4 5.5 5.6 and so on that I think 5.4 will be double companions and a 2nd Big droid to fight.