main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Zen, the ignore function and the itch you can't scratch

Discussion in 'Communications' started by yeurgh, Mar 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yeurgh

yeurgh Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 12, 2016
    Lately, I've become a big fan of the ignore function. It gives me a warm, cozy feeling inside when I click on a thread and can only see one side of a (clearly exasperating) conversation. I simply click away with a sympathetic smile. In general, I'm able to navigate the boards with a zen-like calm, my jimmies entirely unrustled.

[​IMG]

Recently, however, I've discovered a fly in the ointment; a chink in the armour; an Achilles heel; an inky blot on the parchment... it's not possible to 'ignore' moderators. A few weeks ago my peace and tranquility were disturbed by all manner of rootin', tootin', hollerin' and yeeeeeee hawin'. It was very much like having a civilised conversation with friends interrupted by someone doing this:

Unperturbed, I clicked on the offending party's profile to hit 'ignore user' only to find no such function available. Now I find that the individual keeps turning up. It's like being followed by a greek band with a bad bouzouki player who refuse to go away when you pay them money to move along and disturb someone else's meal with their godawful racket.

My zen-like calm has, once again, become fragile; my contentment shattered betimes by the whooping and yammering of a noisy imbecile.

[​IMG]

Would you, ever so kindly, fix this and extend the ignore function to cover moderators?

2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
  3. yeurgh

yeurgh Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 12, 2016
    And this would be a problem because...?

I would happily be banned once in a while in exchange for unrustled jimmies.

Very well, I'll take it to that thread.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Locking since there is a thread for the ignore function already.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.