main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One The Easter Eggs and Cameos of Rogue One

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by TtheForceHurts, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Organafan

Organafan Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 14, 2017
    SW-0608 was something I noticed but haven't seen mentioned much. Unless there was something significant about those numbers, the SW is obviously for Star Wars.
    Where is it in Return of the Jedi? It's been a while since I've thought about all these details but I can't remember 1138 in the prequels other than The Phantom Menace.

2. Darth Pig

Darth Pig Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 21, 2016
    Agree 100%. Loved seeing Red and Gold leaders and Red 5 being killed.

3. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Andi Gutierrez discusses easter eggs in Rogue One with Pablo Hidalgo, Leland Chee and Matt Martin from the story group:

4. BenYodaDagobah

BenYodaDagobah Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2016
  5. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    SW-0608 might be a reference to a date. Maybe the day John Knoll pitched/came up with the idea, the day the script was finished, someone's birthday...

MarcJordan likes this.
  6. PoorRebel

PoorRebel Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2017

Yeah, Tarkin was done very well - especially if you see him in a still image like the one released a view days ago. But while watching the movie something about him didn't work ... speaking of the "uncanny valley"...

[​IMG]

BenYodaDagobah likes this.
  7. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Lip and eye movement.

If there is something uncanny, we are talking about 5% only.

It was revolutionary CGI.

8. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    The lip movement felt a bit off. Everything else was stellar.

9. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I thought the Tarkin CG was fantastic. Definitely groundbreaking. I knew he'd make an appearance at some point, but I had no idea he'd have such a big part! I mean he had more screen time than even Darth Vader!

Leia's was great too, but I agree about the mouth movement-just not quiiiiiiittttttteeeee right....

10. Ricardo Funes

Dec 18, 2015

A applaud them for the bravery of showing them in full screen. They were really pushing the boundaries of tech there.

In my first viewing, when they show Leia from behind, I thought that they would "chicken out" and only show her from behind.... I was WOWed when they had the courage to do it.

And it was important for continuity with the Saga. Even with the small CGI flaws, it was the best ending possible for Rogue One.

Avnar, LordDallos, Krueger and 3 others like this.
  11. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003

Yes, I thought Leia would only be shown from behind, or slightly offscreen. But there she was, proud and true in full view! IMO if the lighting wasn't as bright, it may have caused her to look just that much more realistic. I've always felt that CG characters look more realistic in dimmer/darker lighting-the shadows kind of help conceal the "artificial" look to the image. I mean, IIRC, all of Tarkin's scenes were in relatively dim or even dark lighting. And it helped IMO!

12. DarthBeagle

DarthBeagle Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 24, 2004
    For me the uncanny valley was hearing Guy Henry's voice coming out of Peter Cushing's mouth.

13. Ricardo Funes

Dec 18, 2015

I cannot argue as I am not a native speaker, but it sounded very similar to me.

14. chewiethebacca

chewiethebacca Jedi Youngling

Mar 18, 2017

I thought Leia looked horribly unnatural and I it's hard to tell why exactly. She didn't look like I remember Leia when she said "hope".

15. DarthBeagle

DarthBeagle Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 24, 2004
    Not to me. But suppose for me I'm more familiar with Guy Henry what with Holby City and other UK TV stuff.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

16. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    I think you can hear a Wookiee growl on The Ring of Kafrene, right before the scene cuts to a closeup of Cassian walking through the streets.

17. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Probably just a coincidence but there's a background voice that sounds just like Watto's on Jedha lol

18. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  19. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Does Baze steal a rebel helmet from Saws hideout or am I mistaken?? Look at his left arm when they are running for the U-Wing!

20. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Watching the Jedha scenes background I just noticed 1 of those creatures with really long legs that the Stormtroopers were going to ride (from the BTS video) I can't tell if anyone is riding it though!

21. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Ed_Fett_77 Bad Cane idpullthecurtains

I searched everywhere for Tam Posla (What a great design!! The best since Boba Fett or Kylo Ren imo) and I finally figured it out... I spent the majority of the time searching around the Tank scene on Jedha (because that is where he should have been...but wasn't)

I think they re-purposed him from a Jedha civilian to one of Saws Rebels. You see him at least 3 times in the exact gear minus the helmet (The 4 white ammo pouches stand out the most when looking for him). He is one of the guys who puts a bag over Cassians head on Jedha. He is one of the guys who brings Jyn to Saw and when Bodhi exits Saws base (just after the DS blows Jedha up) you see him come out and start to run! ps his helmet is in his left hand :cool: These are all "blink and you'll miss him" moments and were excruciatingly found using slow mo [face_hypnotized] He is a black guy with black war paint on his face.

There is however 1 scene where you see him in his complete get up...helmet and all...but I am loathe to point it out as it appears to be a mistake. The scene I told you about where you see him exit Saws base and he has the helmet in his left hand...just before that you see a bunch of guys running and they approach the black and white x-wing you can see him in all his glory! This was seen at super slow mo! It appears as if these two shots should have been reversed. Eg - You see him exit the base helmet in hand then you see him running with the helmet on [face_dunno] Oh well - There it is...

22. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    I enjoyed seeing Jeremy Bulloch as an Imperial Officer again. 36 years after dragging Leia through a Cloud City doorway. (But only two weeks after seeing him in "Can You Keep It Up For A Weekt" - ..don't ask)

I couldn't believe that I was seeing Michael "Tyres" Smiley as Dr Evazan either.

23. Oswin Oswald

Oswin Oswald Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 16, 2017

I wondered too. IMDb says this about it,

"The landing pad that Rogue One is instructed to land on on Scarif is Pad SW-0608. "SW" are the initials of "Star Wars"; there are 6 main members of the Rogue One team (Jyn Erso, Cassian Andor, Bodhi Rook, K2-SO, Chirrut Îmwe, and Baze Malbus); and this is the 8th official live-action Star Wars film to be released."

24. Oswin Oswald

Oswin Oswald Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 16, 2017
    I saw that arch in Jedha and I thought I saw some Aurebesh on it. And I wondered what it said. Did anyone ever get a chance to translate it?

25. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Did we ever get official confirmation of Bulloch in the film?

I don't own the film yet, but every time I've seen it in theaters, I was sure that it was indeed him, although I feel that he would have drawn a lot more attention, similar to the Rebel easter eggs.

I can't seem to track down any official word on this yet, though, with the exception of an IMDb trivia mention, which is later cited on various other outlets, including Wikipedia. Are there any official books/reference material confirming this? Any interviews or articles out there? I apologize if I missed something.