main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Old Republic MMO: The New Official Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Oct 7, 2012.

1. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    I think that's because KotET didn't release enough new content after release.

2. Counter

Counter Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 3, 2017
    Umbara is an exciting addition! I wonder if this is going to be like the Kuat Drive Yards flashpoint---more of a bridge than anything else. Nevertheless--I'm excited to see this is what they're going for.

3. Kyle K

Kyle K Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 5, 2017
    I am thinking about Master Ranos and what she said about the missing force companions.

We did only get non force companions T7 Scorpio Kaliyo Aric Jorgan Vette Gault Torian and soon Elara Dorne and Malavai Quinn.

Next companions will be non force companions and the force companions later in 6.0

4. Kyle K

Mar 5, 2017
    Next companions should be Corso Riggs Risha Akaavi Zenith Lt Iresso Tharan Khem Val Andronikos Vector Temple Mako Doc and Tanno.

Akaavi should be with the Mandalorians in chapter 14.

Charles mentioned Felix Iresso in the latest livestream and he might be next to return and maybe one more from the smuggler such as Risha.

5. Counter

Mar 3, 2017

Tanno Vik already came back in Chapter 6: Asylum as the leader of a gang. His story done. Also--the voice actor who played him died in 2012.

6. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Agreed, he was a great character.

Sinrebirth and AusStig like this.
  7. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    That remains nonsensical. The light side, according to Lucas, is a part of the Force; balance, on the other hand, is a characteristic or condition of the Force. All of one thing and none of the other is hardly a situation congruent with the meaning of the term "balance"; on the contrary, it is maximally unbalanced.

Mortis: "Too much light or dark would be the undoing of life as you understand it."

Various Legends books stated that the balance was between light and dark: The Dark Empire Sourcebook, Cloak of Deception, Edge of Victory: Conquest, Revan, and Darth Plagueis are the ones I know of offhand. ( Crucible arguably made the same point, just without using the word balance. )

"The overriding philosophy in Episode I - and in all the Star Wars movies, for that matter - is the balance between good and evil." - George Lucas

"Bendu really isn't evil or good. He's kind of the balance to the duality of the Force. When the Jedi talk about prophecies and what not, everybody talks in terms of balance of the Force. So it's a mistake to sit there and think that what you're ultimately trying to do is upend the light or the dark." - Dave Filoni

Not ever, actually.

Havoc123 and AusStig like this.
  8. Kyle K

Mar 5, 2017
    I think Vowrawn will return in an upcoming update together with Raina Temple.

Why not these together and she have some Connecticuts with the force but she were afraid to be discovered by the Sith but she might return as a Sith Lord.

Why both Iresso and Risha that bpth of them have some Connecticuts with Dubrillion

9. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

Connecticuts....? :p

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  10. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Until people say otherwise...

The Force is Light and Dark but the Balance is WITHIN ONESELF.

DarthJaceus and Revanfan1 like this.
  11. RafSwi7

RafSwi7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2011
    I hope, that we will see more of the Republic in the upcoming expansion.

I also believe that the possibility of the situation, where we will end up fighting our old companions is much higher now. Someone must replace all these important NPCs we might kill during the storyline.

There is no new info about Umbara but what if...
    ...we will be able to kill Garza or Satele.

Counter and ConservativeJedi321 like this.
  12. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Wow, that will be interesting.[face_thinking]

RafSwi7 and Sinrebirth like this.
  13. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    There are tons of "kill" option in KotFE and we don't get the kill.

14. Counter

Mar 3, 2017

I agree. I would love for everything to come full circle and for the Alliance to not only face the prospect of a three-pronged war with the Republic and Sith, but also have the heroes facing off against a coalition of old companions.

It would make some sense--Scourge reappearing to take down the Outlander who had become the vessel for his nemesis: Vitiate and leading a band of followers all with a common goal of bringing the Eternal Alliance down. Raina Temple had to go off the grid for her own survival: neither Republic nor Sith Empire would take her in, but Scourge might. Ashara Zavros was almost killed by the Eternal Empire, yet abandoned by the Sith and Jedi and disappeared into Wild Space chasing dark forces (maybe that was Scourge all along).

That would actually be a pretty solid direction. Although I think I would prefer all these former companions to be either intentionally or unintentionally aiding a revived Darth Malgus.

RafSwi7 likes this.
  15. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    What happened to the surviving Dread Master?

16. Valryk

Valryk Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 27, 2016
    Still a prisoner of the Jedi

17. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    I was thinking about something more like our old companions rising through ranks of both the Republic and the Empire. Not necessarily forming the third force.

I hope they will come out with something great for Scourge, since his absence in KotET was very disappointing.

If there were no NPC entires for Malgus on Iokath and Umbara I would have totally thought, that the next big baddie (also called traitor and former Imperial ally) is Scourge.

I still have some reservations about the potential return of Darth Malgus. It seems odd, that they "added" him so early. Part of me believe that he is some kind of "red herring" to hide our true opponent.

Yeah, but look at KotET!

I have not finished this storyline. How many of them survived Oricon?

18. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    The prophet guy had survived in Pub side of the story, you could kill him though.

19. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    I will always remain baffled as to why Scourge didn't have a role in any of the last 3 expansions.

AusStig and Vthuil like this.
  20. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Because they kind of soft-rebooted the game story, replacing Vitiate with Valkorion and his problem children as the main characters, with secondary characters Lana, the Outlander and Theron (in that order of importance). Otherwise you'd expect Scourge and Kira to play big roles, but nah, easier to just get rid of all the companion characters. Not like individual class stories matter anymore.

I'm still disappointed the Republic didn't play much of a role, but the Republic's presence has been downplayed for years. Even during Shadow of Revan, when the future Outlander formed the Coalition (nice to have a different word than just alliance used, that word gets overused in Star Wars) between Satele and Marr, Marr was obviously much higher ranking (lead member of the Dark Council) and Sareesh just complained again near the end.

Guess that all depends on where the story goes from here. The Outlander has kind of taken over, so where do you go from here? Its arguable if there's anywhere higher to go, or if the only way to go is down... maybe the Outlander will decide to go visit another galaxy to ignore previous story decisions. :p

Darkslayer likes this.
  21. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Shadow of Revan was before the reboot though.

22. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    The War for Iokath - April 11

NEW IOKATH STORYLINE
    When a superweapon of unimaginable power is discovered on Iokath, you must choose to align your forces with either the Republic or Empire -- and deal with the inevitable consequences.
    • Seize the mysterious weapon before it’s too late…
    IOKATH DAILY AREA
    Fight your way through action-packed re-playable missions on Iokath!
    • Unlock epic galactic rewards, including new combat armor, vehicles, and in-game pets
    • Build your Reputation with the Republic or Empire!
    RETURNING COMPANIONS
    Prepare to fight alongside Former Sith Warrior Companion Malavai Quinn or former Republic Trooper Companion Elara Dorne!
    • But beware, many years have passed… and your decisions may put old friendships to the test!
    TYTH OPERATION BOSS
    Team up with friends and guildmates to defeat Tyth, a deadly droid superweapon, in an explosive new Operation!
    • Face Tyth on one of two different challenge levels: Story Mode or the more challenging Hard Mode – with Master Mode coming soon!

Sinrebirth likes this.
  23. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    From SWTOR forums:

24. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
  25. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    The reboot was a really good idea, IMHO, as it dramatically reduced the amount of work they had to do and streamlined the story in a way which worked out much more akin to KOTOR.