main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub **Guardians of Light: The EUC Jedi ~ ~ Close Your Eyes... Feel It... the Light. ~ ~**

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Aug 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    Padawan Training -IC
    Mini-Mission

Flying is for droids…or perhaps padawans. I glanced over to discern any change in my apprentice’s facial expression from my comment as we entered the atmosphere of Orto Plutonia. Bonaventure having his own ship gave us an excuse to leave the two rustic Jedi Starfighters in the hangar bay this time around, but the purpose of the journey itself was still more than I could comprehend at the moment.

Yesterday the Temple had received a message from a vessel claiming to be a species alien to this galaxy. They had landed on Orto Plutonia and had requested two Jedi be sent at their earliest convenience. While in-flight I had pulled what little data existed on the planet and its inhabitants and shared it with Ven. The surface was brutally cold and inhabited only by a single known lifeform, the Talz. Generations ago, during the Clone War era,* Kenobi and Skywalker had helped to secure the sovereignty of the primitive Talz tribe, and that’s where the record ended.

Reaching the coordinates included in the message we were met by the surreal appearance of a bizarre towering ship. It took the form of an elongated hexagonal prism at least thirty stories high and hung suspended a few meters above the barren ice covered surface. Whoever had requested their presence was most likely still inside. I took a deep breath and zipped up my brown parka to the throat and secured my hood. What do you think padawan? What are your senses telling you?

TAG Sarge

*See The Clone Wars Season 1 Episode 15 “Tresspass” for reference.

Since you have already retrieved your crystal, time to get an overview of all of the forms. Write-up an IC reflection on which form you would first choose to learn and why. Then prepare yourself physically and mentally for the second part of this Trial which will be your first lightsaber duel. ;)

5 FP's for you last task. Very precise in describing how one must constantly discriminate and be vigilantly aware while practicing any virtue.

Psychenous

Bardan_Jusik pts

Mitth_Fisto, Sarge and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

There should be a few more here by the end of the day. There is still one Player Character Sheet in progress (so close to be completed). Finished or not, I'm looking at the game starting on Monday (barring anything unforeseen happening). For CSes in progress or new character sheets, the start of the game doesn't mean you can't play. Just get it to me when you can (I'll be taking submissions throughout the game) and I'll find a way to work your character in so everyone can play. :)

Sarge and ConservativeJedi321 like this.
  3. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
    Ananta Chetan
    Padawan Training
    IC- Sky
    Trail of Diplomacy

I must be patient. I would first meditate on it. Is there any current danger and if so how fast must I act on it? Perhaps I should do some more investigating on it before I reach any further conclusions. And if my spying reveals nothing I would then discuss it with my Master or one of the Jedi in the Temple. If they do not believe me I can at least make my intentions to confront the visitor known so that if my intuition is right, if there is a danger and something happened to me it should prove my theory right. With any luck I'd be wrong and then just simply embarrassed.

Ananta Chetan likes this.
  4. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    OK, that should do it for NPC Character sheets for now. Most of those are free play for everyone (it's noted on the sheet). I know it's a lot (and I didn't even do it for all NPCs planned for the game) but those should serve to help keep things straight for folks. I know in the last game some people started to feel a little lost regarding who was who.

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  5. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Very interesting collection.[face_thinking]
    I'm not sure what to make of Gim.:p

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  6. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

He has a lightaxe, what more do you need to know? :p

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  7. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    I figure my fur is close enough for that, and a glint of the white of the light, and my teeth, the prayed peace between. ;)

[face_good_luck] Happy St. Patrick's Day everybody! [face_good_luck]
    :choph::clone::yoda:

8. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    I'm not a member here, but I figure this works here cause it's about a sect of the Jedi Order.

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Wear green to get the luck of the Corellians... erm I mean Irish and avoid the wrath of Lord Nyax... erm I mean the leprechauns.

And read up about the Green Jedi!

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Green_Jedi

Mitth_Fisto and Sarge like this.
  9. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Nobody has posted a pic of Corran's X-wing yet, either...

Kev-Mas_Colcha likes this.
  10. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    Or Corran himself.

I mean look at those robes...

11. Psychenous

Psychenous Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2017

I would like to learn first the form III technique, Soresu. Unlike the more aggressive Ataru, Soresu is a defensive form in which I would deflect and shield myself from harm as opposed to striking and overcoming an enemy.
    In my meditations I have ever tried to focus on serenity and peace. I love my lightsaber and it is an extension of my body. But I love more the lore and wisdom of the Jedi with which I choose and discern the paths I take including the paths in which my weapon is needed. Using my saber for knowledge and defence rather than attack I would focus on protection and defence. In this way there is a chance and time to save my enemy from themselves and settle a dispute without violence while still defending the weak and oppressed and those suffering injustice.
    With soresu I would hope to uphold the Jedi way.

12. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    Sound reasoning, apprentice.

Suppose, furthermore, that the visitor in question is confronted and does openly confess to having had a checkered past and connection to the darkness, though they claim that is all behind them now. In revealing this they also profess to want the opportunity to be given another chance by turning over a new leaf and becoming a follower of the light. As they say this you observe several of your Jedi peers immediately respond favorably and begin to advocate more vigilantly than ever for the newcomer. You, however, catch a passing shadow of maliciousness in the visitor's eyes and privately feel that they have again played on the sensibilities and sense of compassion of your fellow lightsiders.

What if anything more would you do in such a scenario?

Good pick. As a Consular, I too am a practitioner of Soresu.

We are making preparations for a saber duel with of Sith of your skill level, so remain alert, of your alerts. ;)

13. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    "My senses are telling me it's cold out here, Master Ananta Chetan, so let's go welcome the new neighbors."

We looked up at the towering monolith. I loomed over us, silent and inscrutable. Not to mention apparently impregnable.

"If they really did come from another galaxy and sent us a message, that tells us some things. For one, they've been studying us long enough to understand our language. Also, their communications technology is compatible with ours, or at least they've adapted theirs to link with ours. If they understand that much about us, they should know enough to help us find a way in so we can meet like they asked. I don't see any entrance, though."

I edged closer to the ship, and felt the faint subharmonics of active repulsors. Apparently their tech had that much in common with ours.

We called out greetings in Standard and other languages. No answer. We waved at all the sides of the tower. Still no answer. Commlink calls on multiple frequencies. Nothing.

Moving underneath, I stretched upwards and touched the hull with the back of my hand. The metal was cold, but not so cold that I was in immediate danger of freezing my flesh to it. There were faint seams in the hull plating, extremely good workmanship in the fitting of one panel to the next. Close to the middle I found some seams that didn't match the others, seams that outlined a rectangle about two meters wide and four meters long.

"Could be a boarding ramp. Since they're not answering comm calls, I guess we should just knock."

Rapping on the plating produced no response. Couldn't find any sign of a doorbell either. I rapped on the rectangular hatch (if that's what it was) and then on the adjacent plating. Was there a faint difference in the way it felt. I continued to rap my knuckles on either side of the seam, and lightly rested the fingertips of my other hand on the plating.

"Yes, Master, there's definitely a difference in the way it vibrates. I'd bet good credits this is the hatch."

I moved all along the perimeter of the hatch, rapping and touching the whole way. After years of experience as a mechanic, I had a good sense of how things go together; there's lots of variations in materials and structures, but engineering principles are universal.

"There's a structural flange that reinforces the area around the hatch, and the hatch itself is attached at three points on that end, and one point at this end. I'd bet good money there are three hinges there, and this one is the latch. Unfasten the latch and this panel swings down to make a ramp."

I tapped and felt some more, letting my awareness of the vibrations build a mental picture of the other side of the metallic surface. Ah ha!

"There's a sliding pin here that locks the hatch shut. It's springloaded to keep it locked. I don't sense any operating mechanism though. One way to open it is to use telekinesis to push the latch open. That's beyond my Force abilities at the moment. I don't like opening someone else's door and letting myself in, but that's the only way I see to make contact with these people. Maybe it's a test to see if we can find our way in to talk to them? I'm feeling like a womprat in very big maze at the moment. Care to wave your hand and open it up for us, Master Chetan?"

14. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
    I would continue to meditate on it, spy and report it to a Jedi until I had proof otherwise it's their word against mine. I wouldn't feel comfortable even thinking of eliminating them if there is a chance I am wrong however if I catch them endangering the lives of others that would be different and I wouldn't not hesitate to stop it. If I had proof this visitor was being dishonest I would confront them publicly to reveal there lies.

15. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Seems this place is calming back down to its usual routine.:)

Initiate Task #2
    Aayla Secura

And I know you'll like this one.;)

Please offer a brief biography (Just a couple paragraphs like before, no need to go all out), of one Jedi you look up to, and seek to emulate as you follow the Jedi path, and explain why.

16. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    Force Points
    • Trial of Diplomacy -5pts for your combined replies. Well done. Jar-Jar Binks
    • Trial of the Flesh - Part 1- 3pts Psychenous
    • Mini Mission - Part 1 -3pts Sarge
    • [face_good_luck] 1pt each- Jar-Jar Binks, Sarge, The Vanguard
    Bardan_Jusik pts

Apprentice Binks- Now for something a little lighter...Select either a short fan film, comedy sketch/ parody/ satire, SW music video, or clip from a SW doc that you like. Post it here and share in detail what you appreciate about it.

17. Aayla Secura

Aayla Secura Jedi Knight

Mar 14, 2017
    Initiate Task #2

There are so many inspirational Jedi it is hard to merely pick one. For my task, I shall choose the Jedi Master Satele Shan. Shan had sat on the Jedi council millennium ago and a lot of what I know is merely legend or myth. I have spent some time trying to validate much of what I have heard with what is logged in the library here. She was born approximately 3699 BBY on a planet known as Brentaal IV. She was strong in the Force from birth, having both parents being force users. It says her father had fallen to the dark side but the records don't seem to have his name that I can find anywhere .. I will have to look into that more. It seems the records may have been intentionally hidden or destoryed. Her mother's name was Bastila and appears to of also been a member of the Jedi order. Satele was a well accomplished Jedi and leader. According to records she embarked on a journey across the galaxy on some sort of quest. It says that during meditation she had been led to a world called Tython by the Force and that this world was a long lost Jedi enclave! The Jedi had ended up rebuilding there temple on this world also and Satele had earned the title of Jedi Master and a seat on the council for her find. Hopefully one day I will be able to locate this planet myself and find this temple .. but that is a test for another time.

Satele was also a great warrior. I found a documentation of a battle between Satele and an un-named Sith Lord on the planet of Alderaan. She had used the force to block her opponent's light saber from piercing her chest. I can't even imagine the focus and strength that would of required. She then used that built up power to push the Sith through a cliff face and collapsing it on top of him.

In that last battle I read that apparently she had come to rescue a soldier by the name of Jace. Satele had mentioned him a few times but kept it pretty basic. I sense there may have been something more between them but I can't verify anything at this time. I have seen that apparently Satele had held a belief that attachment to others could make one stronger. This was obviously frowned upon and I know attachment is forbidden in our order. I will have to meditate and reflect upon this to further gain an understanding of the lesson to be learned here.

I admire Satele for her bravery and apparent mastery of the force. I would, at some point, also like go on a meditation quest at the mercy of council. I want the force to guide me and I wish to learn as much about the galaxy and experience as much of it as I can.

ConservativeJedi321

18. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    It's interesting you bring up Satele, Aayla Secura, later in her life she began following a greyer path than when she was Jedi Grand Master, including allying with Sith. Do you think she compromised her ideals or is she growing and learning? Or is it something else?

(For any curious, I am referencing "Chapter 12: Visions in the Dark" of SWTOR, there are lots of videos of it on youtube if you don't play yourself)

19. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    Padawan Training
    Mini-Mission

I lifted my hand, not to force open the spacecraft hatch, but instead to motion my apprentice to my side. Ven, you’re thinking as men think, not as a Jedi thinks. Being of the same species and only a few years younger, I felt a natural affinity for him in his struggles. Coming to the Jedi at your…maturity, contains its own unique set of challenges, especially for one as skilled as you had been in your previous pursuits. To let go of that worldly knowledge and way of doing things which has made you strong and allowed you to succeed…is not so easy. I paused now as we both continued to observe the stationary ship before us.

As one great Grand Master once said, The wind blows where it will…you hear the sound of it…but you do not know from where it comes or where it goes…so it is with everyone who listens to the will of Force. I observed as Bonaventure’s eyes suddenly appeared luminous upon hearing these words.

Our visitors called us here. Will they not come out to meet us if we wait? I interlocked my fingers before me and closed my eyes to meditate for a moment.The cold wind whipped at our parkas as we stood motionless on the vast white canvas of the planet’s surface. Suddenly the vessel’s hatch began to finally open touching down and three beings immediately emerged, Talz. How was this possible for such a primitive species? Moving toward them I bowed and waited for them to initiate the proceedings.

Greetings, young Jedi, the words formed in clear, crisp basic from the being in the center. Thank you for coming. This will be…hard for you to comprehend. We are from the future, twenty-five years to be exact, and are the distant offspring of the Talz that reside here on Orto Plutonia. Not long from now a species alien to this galaxy will arrive and share their technology with our brethren here. By doing so, it will inevitably and unknowably lead to the demise of our race. We have returned to prevent this chain of events from happening. He then removed a hexagonal amulet on a chain from his long neck. Give this to our current village chieftain. It contains a recording in our traditional language instructing him what to do when the time is right. That is all you need to know. The rest will happen by itself and rebalance everything. We have called you here to perform this task because our fellow Talz should not see us…the consequences of that could be catastrophic.I nodded partially mesmerized by their request.

Then from the corner of my eye I noticed another figure on the boarding ramp near the top but still concealed in the shadows. They were dressed as a Jedi and their Force signature was strangely familiar. Following my gaze the Talz chieftain spoke again,This is Jedi Master Bonaventure. It is he who lead us here and told us to contact you specifically, Master Chetan, to fulfill our request. Now descending a few steps down the ramp came into view a surreal sight, that of his padawan, but significantly older and with a full white beard and an astonishing contemplative Force-centered gaze. Before we go, he would like to speak to you…the chieftain addressed Ven, then motioned for him to approach so that the two could speak together privately.

OOC: You have full license to speak for your older self. ;)

TAG Sarge

Sarge likes this.
  20. Coffee_Ninja

Coffee_Ninja Jedi Master star 2

Jul 29, 2011
    Hi all. Just thought I would stop in and say hi.

21. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Welcome Coffee_Ninja!!! What brings you to our humble temple?

22. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    As Ananta Chetan walked away with the amulet, the Jedi Master descended the ramp and passed from shadow to light. I stared fascinated at the face under the cowl.

[​IMG]
    He looked so... old.

"You're no spring terblet yourself, youngster," he said with a teasing gleam in his eye.

"How did you know that's what I-"

"Oh, I remember this conversation well. No, I'm not some impersonator in a rubber mask, so don't jump on me and try to peel my face off. Yes, I was watching you from inside the whole time, and yes, I waited until you were ready to commit an act of breaking and entering just to teach you patience. And the answer to your next question is yes, I do know who won the Limmie League this year, and the Farseeker's Cup too, and I'm not telling. Even if you did win those bets, what would you do with the money?"

"Maybe you've forgotten how expensive top-grade ship parts are in this time frame. How am I supposed to keep Blue Moon peaked and tuned without cash for parts?"

"The Force will provide. As Master Chetan told you, you have come a long way in life without knowingly trusting yourself to the Force, and that is hindering your growth as a Jedi. Don't cling to our old life. We had great experiences, saw things that few others have, even among the Jedi. But the way forward is a different path, a path of faith in the Light, not in yourself. Don't forget where we came from; our past gives each of us a unique point of view. You and I can identify with the people of the galaxy in ways that few Jedi can, and we need to nurture that gift. But it must not prevent us from nurturing the gifts that faith in the Force bestows."

"And you travelled 25 years back in time to tell me just that?"

"Would you prefer a melodramatic cryptic prophecy from me? Hark, younger Bonaventure, thy doom is upon thee! Beware of the two-headed Gamorrean that dances with dianogas in darkness!"

"OK, now you're just messing with me."

"Of course I am. That's what we do. Now are you convinced it's really me? Of course you are. So now it's time for you to take a leap of faith. Tell me you'll put your trust in the Light."

"Isn't that what I've been doing since I signed up here?"

"That was a baby step. You're a man, and it's time to man up and take the leap."

"A leap of faith?"

"Yes, say you'll do it now, without reservation."

"And this is the way forward in my -- our -- life? This will be the missing piece of the puzzle so that everything makes sense?"

"Everything?! Hardly! But it is the way forward. There will be many stumbles and falls along the way, learning opportunities from here to the Core. It won't be smooth sailing, but it's a journey worth taking."

I stared, wondering what had happened to me in the next quarter century, and wondering if I could trust myself.

"You can trust me," he said.

"And you trust me to stumble along through life without any more guidance than that?"

"You got me to where I am today."

The calm joy in his eyes was what convinced me. I raised my right hand. "I put my faith in the Light and the Force. I may stumble, but I will do my best to fall forward."

"That's all anyone can ask. Now it's time for both of us to leave. I can tell you this much: you have a lot to learn when you get to Ilum."

"Ilum? Is that going to develop my Force abilities?"

"In a way, but don't let yourself become too attached to that idea. Or any others."

"Now you are being cryptic."

"That comes with the territory when you're a Jedi Master. Have a great life, youngster."

He turned away and was gone.

"May the Light be with you, Master Bonaventure!" I called after him.

"And also with you," came a faint echo as the ramp closed.

Mitth_Fisto and Ananta Chetan like this.
  23. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016

Very good Aayla Secura, and unexpected as well. For your creativity, and detail Award yourself another 5 Force points. Bardan_Jusik

And because I too love history and have played the Old Republic Games...

That "Unnamed Sith Lord" was Darth Malgus.

And Satele and Jace Malcom are known to have had a Son name Theron Shan. Though their relationship did not last.

:-B [face_tee_hee] :p

Oh, and our order is not so strict on the attachment issue anymore. Two of our old Grand Masters were married actually. At least by our in universe (Non canon of course) history. As of now we are set about 156 years After the Battle of Yavin.

Aayla Secura and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  24. Aayla Secura

Aayla Secura Jedi Knight

Mar 14, 2017
    I have much to learn and I am thankful for your guidance ConservativeJedi321. I will head to my chambers to meditate on this and afterwards will hit the holos in the library again to further my knowledge!

Rebecca_Daniels I am unfamiliar with her later life and will have to read up on that. An unconventional alliance, especially with a Sith, may not necessarily be a bad thing. I believe there is good in all of us and Satele may have seen the light in her newfound allies. There is more in this world than merely good and evil and I believe, as Jedi, we have an obligation to read between the lines and find the light in people. Circumstances can bring any number of people from all walks of life together and it is not our place to judge but to help guide those who may be troubled towards a path of self-healing and enlightenment. I will have to look further into Satele's later life and reflect on my findings. We can learn much from the past.

25. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    *Remembers its Sunday*

Legacy of the Guardians starts tomorrow!:D

*Waits patient, yet eagerly*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.