main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books Thrawn - New canon Star Wars book by Timothy Zahn (Spring 2017)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Diego Lucas, Jul 16, 2016.

1. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    That would be Aunt Beru.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

2. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
  3. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000

Cocks eyebrow Steeples Fingers

Jedi Knight Fett and jSarek like this.
  4. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Not to mention Camie. Then again even Mara when she wanted to kill him still treated him better than Camie did.

Daneira likes this.
  5. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Yeah, I mean- getting French kissed by your sister. Hinky, much?

6. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    I never read any of the Legends Thrawn novels. Would someone maybe be able to type out a list of things you think I should look out for? Characters/events/planets/etc that you think are likely to be recanonized?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The paperback copy of Outbound Flight includes Mist Encounter - the story in which Thrawn is first encountered by Imperial officers, who make the decision to bring him back to Palpatine. I think the Thrawn novel is likely to make allusions to events from it, suggesting that, at least in broad strokes, it happened the same way.

8. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015
    Yeah I also wonder about what kind of things we can look out for/expect in the new Thrawn book as I haven't the Thrawn trilogy or any Thrawn legends books.

9. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Legends generally didn't say much about what Thrawn did between Mist Encounter and 2 years before ANH (Rebels era). So we can expect Thrawn to be mostly new content. If there are continuity nods to Zahn's Legends characters, they'll probably be small and subtle. Maybe Karrde or Winter or Bel Iblis or Borsk Fey'lya will get mentions, but probably not major roles.

Given that Bel Iblis got a namedrop in the ROTS novelization, I'd suggest Zahn might feel fairly comfortable about mentioning him at least.

10. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    We might get info on the Chiss Ascendancy and Csilla, their laws against preemptive strikes and attitudes in general towards others.

Hey, maybe he'll talk about the "Far Outsiders." ;)

11. Contessa

Contessa Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    Anybody else feeling like the only right way to read this is gonna be with that ten hour YouTube loop of Thrawn's Rebels theme playing in the background...or is that just me? =P

12. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    In this case it wasn't the entire page though; it was a matter of scrolling down a few centimeters to the beginning of the biography.

Sorry to dig up a convo from a couple days ago --- I know that there are plenty of valid criticisms of Wookieepedia, but "I had to press the down arrow on my keyboard a couple of times" isn't one of them.

jSarek and Contessa like this.
  13. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I doubt I'll need the loop - I hear his theme playing in about half of all the Thrawn scenes I read nowadays.

14. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015

You guys have too many expectations. It should be on the main text when you enter the page, not just in the biography. I don't feel like my question was unnecessary or without good reason.

15. Valryk

Valryk Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 27, 2016
    I've had the Thrawn trilogy on hold for a while now. Maybe I'll read it after I'm done with this cause it's just one book.

16. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Actually, it's 3 books. It's fanfiction writing time this weekend for me!

17. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    On Del Rey's Twitter today...

Good lord. Somebody make a giant artsy one as a wall hanging. I'd hang it outside my house at Halloween and you better believe no kids would show up.
    [​IMG]

18. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    I wonder how Thrawn could get the authorization and money to paint a whole Stardestroyer like this :p maybe it will be explained in the book.

19. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

He will probably promise the Emperor that it would be artistically done. :D

20. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    Considering that we've seen Thrawn's SD (Chimaera) in Rebels, and there was no markings on it, I'd say that is just some artwork commissioned for the book.

21. Skywalker2B

Dec 8, 2000
    I won't need to be playing any music for the book because I'll be listening to the audio book, which is more like an audio drama with music and sound effects and the "reader" even uses different "voices" for various characters. If you haven't listened to a SW audio book, I highly recommend you do.

Taalcon likes this.
  22. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    SWpants likes this.
  24. Skywalker2B

Dec 8, 2000
    Taalcon, I stand corrected. I must have missed that! I'll have to go back and re-watch the episode with that in there.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  25. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    The pin is cute! Yes the insignia is wrong, I guess they didn't have enough space to draw everything.