main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V STAR WARS REBELS (show's over, spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JoinTheSchwarz , May 20, 2013.

1. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

Forget that, look at the detail on the glass! The animation on this show has come a long way (not that it was super-terrible at any point, but it's definitely gotten better).

2. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I'm hoping for new character models in Season 4, complete with appropriate Rebel uniforms and insignia. Hopefully a promotion for Hera as well.

Alas, I'm feeling that this weekend is the end of Sato. I love the character, but I just don't see him or his carrier making it out. [face_worried]

--Adm. Nick

3. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    There has to be some real consequences for Thrawn to matter. It doesn't need to be a death toll necessarily...But if the only casualty was Sato, Thrawn is officially useless.

sent from my Moto X-Wing

Daneira likes this.
  4. Valryk

Valryk Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 27, 2016
    I want Zeb to die.

5. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    It's because this is a kids show that airs on Disney XD and they're afraid to drive away viewers by having it be too dark. That's what happened to the Clone Wars in its later seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Fin McCool

Fin McCool Jedi Master star 4

Apr 18, 2015
    Throw in his nephew as a two-fer, and I'm good.

CooperTFN and Stymi like this.
  7. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    I think it's because they had a limit on episodes, there was a narrative they needed to progress this season to keep them on track to tell the Full Story they want Rebels to tell before it ends, and dwelling on that aspect would have taken time away from the developing Alliance arcs and/or the Sabine Mandalorian episodes.

I think they want to make sure they DO get to tell a complete narrative that shows the big beats, and don't want to be stuck with another TCW fiasco. I would love for some additional media to spend some more time with Ezra, Kanan, and exploring their views and experiences with the Force this season. A comic miniseries taking place during this season would be pretty awesome, actually.

I do believe the showrunners would also have liked more time to spend on some of these matters, but the reality of their situation and studio allocations give different demands. I think the only thing having to do with Disney is budget. Ezra going SUPER DARK was likely never part of his character's journey from the beginning, so showing Deep Depths of Ezra was never something they probably toyed with. I think Steps Into Shadow Ezra WAS the darkest they ever intended for him to go, and That Ended Badly, and began a substantial course correction for him, which solidified its setting in Old Wounds.

Ezra has had a few mentors presented to him over the course of these three seasons, all of which represent different paths for him. Thus far, I feel he has ultimately rejected Hondo and Maul's paths. Rex and Kanan remain as his archetypal mentors. And of interest: neither Yoda, Kenobi, Kanan, or even Ezra seem particularly motivated to begin the reconstruction of a formal Jedi Order.

They have other plans and goals and tasks more at mind. You might say there's a Living Force focus - tasks at hand in the moment that need to be dealt with on an individual basis, not trying to necessarily map the Overarching Whole.

Kylun likes this.
  8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    That pretty much sums up my take as well. Rebels Recon pointing out the latter really elevated things for me- as well as highlighting the desolation of Tatooine moments of the show that I also found very appealing. Makes Tatooine feel much bigger than it does in the movies. Like an actual, ya know, planet.

Ghost, Mia Mesharad, Kylun and 2 others like this.
  9. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Look at everyone talking this that and the other thing and here I am going "Is Thrawn even going to be alive by next week!"

Sinrebirth likes this.
  10. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998
    Shows something about Maul at this stage that he didn't feel confident waltzing into Jabba's Palace to demand his help and assistance in locating Kenobi. The Former Master of Mandalore and the Shadow Collective, former Dark Lord of the Sith had lost all influence. Only tool he felt he could wield was ... Ezra.

Which, now that I think of it, is also interesting compared with Vader literally actually doing that on his own personal business in the Vader comic. Vader waltzes in, slices up guards, threatens and demands to Jabba that he get help to find the Rebel Pilot. He gets the help.
    [​IMG]

Maul is a pitiful wretch. And Kenobi recognizes that. And does pity him.

11. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    I'm reminded oddly of Saruman in the Shire. Once the the mightiest of the Istari, commander of a vast army of Uruk-hai reduced to a near-powerless solitary figure with only a single wretched servant at his command, who eventually slew him. Not too different from Maul in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slater, Ghost, Kylun and 8 others like this.
  12. missile

missile Jedi Padawan star 1

May 24, 2016
    Aside from that he is not a Jedi...

no,he's definitely a jedi,a padawan,but still a jedi.
    Luke pretty went on his own to dagabah and nothing happened to him,why,cause the rebels knew it was probably had something that was bigger than them. Granted luke was the one who destroyed the death star, after everything erza did for the rebellion including stealing a space carrier for them,the rebels should know when to let things slide.

13. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    "The Force is strong with you, young Skywalker. But you are not a Jedi yet."

14. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998
    <mistaken new post, see edit above>

15. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Unfortunately just as Filoni says it's true, Maul was indeed a broken and a lost person at the time and he was far from his prime. While Kenobi was enlightened and evolved as a character.

Taalcon likes this.
  16. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    This.

17. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Maul has never been a character who deserved to be touted for his power. He lacked any admirable qualities or even villainous virtues which made him a figure more worthy of respect than someone like Thrawn, Pellaeon, or even Vader himself (who is a child killing oathbreaker).

I think Kenobi killing him was a full-circle which worked much better than Owen killing him or Vader.

It's also another good development for Obi-Wan's character as he comforts the man who murdered his girlfriend.

Daneira likes this.
  18. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004

He better be.

Revanfan1, CooperTFN and Taalcon like this.
  19. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I actually give credit to Thrawn as an adult. While he doesn't look like he's accomplished much to a child viewer, if you take a step back, Thrawn has actually DISCOVERED the Rebellion. Tarkin completely missed the Lothal resistance was part of a massive network of saboteurs and criminals. Thrawn is the first to realize it's actually an army rather than just isolated guerilla fighters. It places a very interesting spin on him as he's now the architect of the Empire's ability to fight the Rebellion.

20. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

These people know what's up.

21. Old Rex

Old Rex Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 28, 2015
    I'll be shocked if they kill Thrawn not just next week, but on Rebels. Hell, I'll be shocked if he doesn't win next week. The entire season has built up to a major Thrawn victory, and if he doesn't get that next week, his entire appearance on Rebels will will have been a waste.

CooperTFN likes this.
  22. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    They built up the duel between Obi-Wan and Maul for the entire season only for it to last like 2 seconds. Mauls entire appearance was a waste, as was Ahsoka's and thus far so has Rex's. I've severely lost faith in the Rebels crew to stand and deliver when it's time to. If anyone has been selling more sizzle than steak it's been the Rebels crew.

23. Old Rex

Old Rex Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 28, 2015
    I thought Maul's end was fitting, honestly. It showed how far Maul had fallen, and how high Obi-Wan had climbed. It was a pitiful end for a wreck of a man and was a story that came full circle. The ambiguity surounding Ahsoka's end bothers me a bit, but everything up to that was handled appropriately, in my opinion.

As for Rex, I'm just going to strongly disagree and leave it at that.

24. Sannom

Sannom Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2011
    Maul loved Savage, trained him and fought as his side instead of acting the distant puppeteer like the Sith usually do. Vader killed his wife, Thrawn apparently massacred civilians as part of his schemes to beat the Rebels.

25. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Maul tried to love Savage but it was clear they had different views on their relationship.

Maul wanted an apprentice
    Savage wanted a brother

Why Savage rejected Maul in his dying breath.

Vialco and Barriss_Coffee like this.