main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Kylo Ren and Rey in VIII and IX (See new guidelines on page 228)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by What Girl, May 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    MODified: Let it go. Let it go. Let it goooooooooooooooo...

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003

No. It has not changed. If our recent requests for people to simply cease using rules about a topic as a means to be antagonistic toward each other somehow seems to contradict that, apologies. If your request is that we be unmercifully militant in enforcing our rules, I suppose I could start by severely dealing with derailing, offtopic posts after multiple staff members have attempted to get a thread back on topic.

3. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001
    OMG my head hurts so much right now.

You do realize that there is a difference between acknowledging and discussing the possible facets of Kylo and Rey's interactions and the spectrum it could occur on (including killing each other on one side and becoming lovers on the other) is not the same as pushing a single-minded shipping agenda.

Think that A Chorus of Disapproval does a pretty good job of clarifying it in his above post without the calls for censorship from someone that hasn't really even been apart of this conversation for dozens of pages other than to pop up now and call for a complete and broadsweeping silencing of topics they don't like.

We're grown ups, and it appears that the mods have clarified the rules so that moderator rules and clarifications cannot be hefted as weapons and that there can remain a two way conversation between different points of view.

IncessantRamblings likes this.
  4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  5. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001

It's possible, I suppose, especially if they are trying to do a larger media bombardment to hit all the talk shows on several continents, especially same day. But correct me if I'm wrong (whoa, WAY off topic but at least we're talking SW, so that's a total win, right?) The press junkets typically follow the premiers (Britain, then the US, then Asia), right?

I couldn't see TFA until a week after release last time, so I avoided all of the interviews to prevent from being further spoiled.

6. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013
    Enjoy this ban. Sponsored by the New Films Mods.

7. hana_solo

hana_solo Jedi Master star 4

Feb 4, 2016

I generally avoid talk shows because everyone is so annoying on them. I remember TFA cast on some talk show and I was, like, I can't watch these try-hards. I wanted to punch everyone in the face.I feel like that for every Marvel cast appearance too. I find actors more tolerable when they are alone but, as a group, some just want to be center of attention and are "look at me! look at me!" while others just sit there and think "oh, good, maybe the host will forget about me and won't ask me a stupid question."

8. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2016
    I think it was a bit for and a bit afterwards. I mean like magazines, in particular movie magz the conversations took place over December as part of the January edition, so sometimes some interviews may take place in November for December release. They seemed to be crossing over the planet all the time. Although China didn't release TFA until the new year anyway. I remember there was a twitter event in which Harrison just spoiled the ending by talking openly about the Kylo / Rey fight when many still beliebed it to be Kylo / Finn. Some sections of Fandom even suggested that Harrison was loosing it and that he had made a mistake. That moment was golden [face_laugh] I believe that was early November when that happened, however, Mark was nowhere to be seen...I think we are looking late October onwards because I think there were some backstage programs on the Disney channel too which were quite early also.

9. hana_solo

Feb 4, 2016
    Dark Horse That wa sindeed priceless and hopefully we get more unintentional slips in the future.

10. Dark Horse

May 15, 2016
    It was when people were saying he had lost it. Others saying he'd spoiled the film and should be sacked and not paid. It Harrison Ford, he never cared and still to this day doesn't. Its just him, he does not give a turd [face_laugh]

11. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
  12. hana_solo

Feb 4, 2016
    Entitlement is really strong with some fans. [face_rofl]

But, aside from misspelling Kylo as Kilo (Mark actually read the name as Keelo in the first cast reading from BTS) , HF was on the movie that the scene was amazing visual storytelling or something along those lines. My favorite fight and my favorite depiction of the flow of the Force (both Dark and Light). Very excited to see how they take the Force stuff to the next level in TLJ since we have 3 strong Force users on a the Force strong planet.

Birkendoc and Dark Horse like this.
  13. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I hope this is the end of this discussion because if not more bans will be handed out. You're welcome.

14. Dark Horse

May 15, 2016
    I have actually seen other posters ask this before and I think I have may have done in the past too. On that day Lucas Film released those banners with each character holding there primary weapon. There was also a gif of Rey, snow falling, her staff moving left to right, it pulled eventually to the right but her face was more in shadow. I've been looking for it the past nearly two years. I would be over the moon if someone could find it because I can't I know 100%. it exists.

15. hana_solo

Feb 4, 2016
  16. Dark Horse

May 15, 2016
    No it was this image:

[​IMG]

Snow started to fall and the staff moved across her face and into a slight shadow.

nightangel likes this.
  17. hana_solo

Feb 4, 2016
  18. Dark Horse

May 15, 2016
  19. hana_solo

Feb 4, 2016
    I see Rey and Kylo too and Rey does have snow. OK, google TFA Rey motion poster and you may get a better link that works for you. Are you on a phone? Maybe it doesn't work on a phone. I see it in MSW link just fine.

20. Dark Horse

May 15, 2016

I have found it here http://www.metatube.com/en/videos/290667/Rey-Motion-Poster/ I can't embed it though. But yeah, that's really made my evening :cool:

nightangel likes this.
  21. hana_solo

Feb 4, 2016
  22. TheReal_Rebel

TheReal_Rebel Jedi Master star 3

Sep 17, 2015
    Because I assume Rey lasts into the end of ST and beyond, I'm more concerned that the only known child of Han and Leia live.

Personally, I believe out of deference to Leia and Luke and surviving Alderanni Kylo is captured eventually and sent into exile on Tatooine.

23. hana_solo

Feb 4, 2016

Not Tatooine, Unknown Regions and/or Wild Space. They have to take the story there eventually (cough FourthTrilogycough) and this is the best character to deal with the darkness that waits outside of GFFA.

TheReal_Rebel likes this.
  24. Knessa84

Knessa84 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 21, 2014
    That's assuming Adam would even sign up to do another trilogy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

25. TheReal_Rebel

TheReal_Rebel Jedi Master star 3

Sep 17, 2015
    Why wouldn't he? It finances any other projects he wants to do.

It depends how he ends up physically and emotionally, if he lives at all. But if rumors about those aliens from the old EU being used as antagonists. I could see Kylo Ben organizing as the first line of defense against them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.