main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit MACLUNKY -- The Lit Forum Maclunky Thread, v3

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Point Given , Sep 12, 2015.

1. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I just finished Star's End the other day, and as I expected, it is yet another great EU tale. Now I have more Rebel Dawn to read before Han Solo's Revenge and finally Lost Legacy. Every time I read a good EU book like these, it just makes me miss the EU even more. The canon universe is missing something truly special, and I just don't see it ever coming back.

2. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    The paperback version of my latest book, AGENT G, is out today. It's a bit early since we were setting up everything for release on April 1st.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/154475518X/

“Black Technology has made murder a billion dollar industry.”

The International Refugee Society has twenty-six cybernetically enhanced “Letters,” and for the right price, they’ll eliminate anyone. They’ve given up their families and their memories for ten years of service with the promise of a life of luxury awaiting them. Agent G is one of these “Letters,” but clues to his past are starting to emerge while he’s on a dangerous mission to infiltrate the Society’s most dangerous competitor. In the midst of all the violence, subterfuge, and deceit, he’ll need to keep his wits about him and trust sparingly. After all if an organization will kill for money, what would they do to keep the truth hidden?

Gamiel likes this.
  3. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    It really is something else. First episode was great, second episode went above and beyond it.

What's especially exciting is that from the preview for next week, it looks like the third episode will finish covering everything that was shown in the pre-release previews. So the next seven episodes can go anywhere.

AdmiralWesJanson likes this.
  4. Valryk

Valryk Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 27, 2016
    How would it play out if it went the PPG route?

Assassin girl lands a hit on Jack - ''Oh em gee, YAAAS!''

Aku on the phone - ''Who is this?! Hello, this is dog, HA HA HA HA HA....''

5. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

They got Aku so right last episodes! I was so happy to see the return of the Master of Masters

6. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    My wife sadly broke her leg on Wednesday and we've been doing our best to modify the house to be Kat-proofed.

Surgery is tomorrow.

Well wishes and Force vibes appreciated.

7. Contessa

Contessa Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    Seriously. Samurai Jack's been killing it so far. I only hope Young Justice is this good when it returns.

8. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    With the new Rebels and the return of Samurai Jack, animated TV has been making me really happy lately.
    Thus far, S05 is a bit darker than previous SJ, but it suits it well. Very Kurosawa.

spicer likes this.
  9. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    I concur that the new Samurai Jack has been great thus far. Tartakovsky is one of the best animators today without a doubt.

10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  11. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    His face looks like a buffed Mr Bean.

LelalMekha likes this.
  12. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Right actor, wrong character.

13. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Ciaphas Cain is one of the great literary comedy characters ripped off from another....but much more likable than his inspiration.

14. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    I'm still waiting on the third omnibus. Black Library has gone to trash in the last few years.

Gamiel and Charlemagne19 like this.
  15. Darth_Garak

Darth_Garak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    They've had problems, there was a lot of internal shuffling about until someone finally realized it wasn't working. There's an interview with a now former editor that talks about some of it.

But they've put out some good stuff recently, Fabius Bile: Primogenitor was an excellent read - a delightful look at the mad scientist. Master of Mankind was also awesome and we briefly got to see the Emperor in action, it was omgthisisf***ingOPbat****insane levels of power. The poorly titled and marketed Genestealer Cutls was gloriously dark and creepy - with characters having their sanity pushed to the brink, but this is the guy who also did Fire Caste (another one where marketing was high as a kite for some reason) which was dark, creepy, insanity driving.

Gamiel likes this.
  16. Onderon1

Onderon1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2008
    Charles - I hope everything went well. Best wishes to you all.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  17. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Alas, Kat's leg was infected so they can't do the surgery until next Tuesday.

Which is another week we have to board the dogs.

Oh dear.

18. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Take care Chuck and keep us posted! Hope it all goes well. :)

--Adm. Nick

19. Valryk

Valryk Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 27, 2016
    Too many servants of the Corpse Emperor in this thread. THINGS SHALL GET LOUD NOW

MercenaryAce likes this.
  20. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I want you to know that I liked this post with the intention of a Facebook Sadface Like, not a Facebook Gleefulface Like. I cannot speak on behalf of the other half dozen who also liked that post. I don't trust anyone here.

21. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Aww, you're too kind.

In any case, the surgery was delayed a week.

22. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    This was the first time I've seen the Jedi Prince series mentioned outside of this forum. (It's in the mouseover text, for those unfamiliar with xkcd.)

Barriss_Coffee, Senpezeco and Gamiel like this.
  23. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    I'm sorry your wife is having to go through this. I hope the infection subsides quickly and the surgery goes smoothly.

24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    [​IMG]

Hope it will go well from now on.

MercenaryAce and Darth_Garak like this.
  25. Darth_Garak

Darth_Garak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    Gamiel Just looking at that Emperor's Children marine is enough to make my ears smell purple.

Charlemagne19 Hope everything turns out ok.

Gamiel likes this.