main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo [Official Info] Solo: A Star Wars Story - May 25, 2018

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by newdawn12, Dec 29, 2014.

1. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

I have a feeling we can't depend on any defecting Imperial pilots this time. :p

DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Here you go:

[​IMG]

First leaked image of the Han Solo movie. Breathtaking, isn't it? :p

DaddlerTheDalek and Gigoran Monk like this.
  3. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    To paraphrase a Jedi Master, those aren't the leaked pictures I'm looking for. :p

4. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

I hope you are right. If that is the case; then "How he got his reputation", instead of "How he got his name", would have been a better way of saying it. [face_nail_biting]

No. I just get worked up, when I get the sense they might screw up one of my favorite Star Wars Characters. I get defensive, when it comes to Han Solo. :) Hopefully, when the movie comes out, I can come back here and say I was worked up over nothing.

Gigoran Monk likes this.
  5. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    For me, "Han Solo" not being the name that his parents gave him would not affect Han's coolness in the slightest.

6. Darth__Lobot

Darth__Lobot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 29, 2015
  7. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
  8. REALBOBAFETISH

REALBOBAFETISH Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    I agree not everyone needs to be related. What is YOUR rationale for Jango requesting a young boy as payment for being the clone template?

9. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    "I want a kid".

10. REALBOBAFETISH

REALBOBAFETISH Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    pretty non-conventional way to go about getting one

11. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Sure, but under the circumstances it's not that far fetched.

Jango is asked to be cloned to create an army.
    Jango wants a kid.
    Jango thinks "Two Mynocks with one space stone".

12. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    I wouldn't be surprised if we get at least something at the Celebration. Like most of it will be focused on TLJ of course. But perhaps a photo of the cast "suited up," or some more character details, etc at least.

13. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Haha - I'll pay that! [face_laugh]

REALBOBAFETISH likes this.
  14. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015

Finally had time to go through some books and according to Ultimate Star Wars (a canonical reference book), Han indeed was a street orphan born on Corellia and surviving as a thief. So this is an official piece of information. Meaning Han is kind of like Ezra Bridger from Rebels, but without the Force :p

Similarly, Han did indeed save Chewie and Chewie made a life debt to Han. Again canonical information. But there are no details at all mentioned, so we know Han is going to rescue Chewie, but no idea how, when or from whom.

It also mentions that Han and Chewie became smugglers and won the Millennium Falcon from Lando, but again, no details why, when or how.

So significant part of Han's old EU backstory is still canon in the new story group age. The rest wasn't mentioned, but wasn't contradicted with anything published so far as well, so perhaps they will end up going with large part of the old EU backstory intact with only some changes.

15. fishtailsam

Jul 30, 2003
    Then I'm calling it now. Woody Harelson knew Han's dad.

The only one of those details that I object to is orphan Han.

The others I just dread that because they are so established in the lore (weather cannon yet or not) that they will just be boring. "Han gets hired to transport this box and then he finds out there are wookies in the box so he opens the box to free the wookies".

I think it undermines Han's change of heart in ANH (and also means 0% of all known smuggling was successful. (Wookies- failed; jaba's stuff- failed; Luke and Ben- Failed; Rathtars- Failed) Han is a terrible smuggler[face_hypnotized] )

But if Han sees a bunch of guys sneaking around and ganging up on a lone wookie, and Han thought he'd even up the playing field so he shoots a couple of them, that's a different scenario. And one that adds to the character (Han prefers a fair fight) Han still saves Chewie, but not in the way that everyone expects.

16. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Will we see Han get his iconic gun?

17. fishtailsam

Jul 30, 2003
    He gets it in a claw machine

Avnar likes this.
  18. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Given that the Solo movie is apparently going to cover a wide span of time, much wider than any Star Wars movie previously has covered, I would love if they bookended it with a de-aged Harrison Ford as Han with a young Ben Solo sitting on his knee, with Han telling Ben the story of his youth prior to meeting Luke and Leia.

People complain about the "A Star Wars Story" moniker feeling too childish/storybook-esque, but you know what? That's exactly what Star Wars is in more ways than most people like to admit. It is very much how we were all introduced to this world. And I think a bookend storybook style like that is something that would structurally feel so incredibly different from anything else before (just as Rogue One did) while still thematically resonating with what Star Wars is for so many of us.

19. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    It is??

20. fishtailsam

Jul 30, 2003
    Han aged 18-24 IIRC,
    I personally think it will be broken into two parts. I don't think he will gradually age in the movie. I think it will happen like Kirk in new trek. Opening bit he's 18, for the last part of it: 24

Or do it like Godfather II cut back and forth between 24 and 18, but only focusing on Han. (full disclosure, I have never seen GF2)

21. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Wouldn't that be something! Heartbreaking comes to mind. Great idea though! :cool:

22. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013

Do yourself a favor. Change that.

fishtailsam likes this.
  23. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016

No. Rogue One covered fifteen years, I believe.

24. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Longer than that when you factor in the flashback which takes place several years before the prologue.

25. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016

Right! Good thinking there.