main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge The Celtic Song Challenge|All New Songs Now Claimed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Pandora, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    To you, too! [face_good_luck]

Kahara likes this.
  2. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Findswoman likes this.
  3. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Kahara and Findswoman like this.
  4. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Thanks so much, EP! I've added it to the index, which should now be more or less up to date. Anyone who suspects they've been missed, just let me know. :)

Ewok Poet likes this.
  5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Please do you have a number left?

Findswoman likes this.
  6. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    There are at present four songs left. (See the mini-roulette here.) You can either roll a four-sided dice, or if you would prefer, we can choose a number for you.

Findswoman and Ewok Poet like this.
  7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Please choose a number for me

8. Pandora

Apr 13, 2005
    Here goes.

And the die has landed on the number three: thus giving you "As I Roved Out" for your song. The lyrics and a selection of videos are here.

9. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Ooooh, I'd love to give this a try.
    So if there's still a song left, just go ahead and pick one for me. :D

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  10. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Hi Ceillean. Now that I've updated the list to add earlybird-obi-wan, there appear to be three songs left:

1. As I Roved Out/Night Visit
    2. She Moved Through the Fair
    3. I Never Will Marry

Since as I recall the dice function on the boards doesn't go below four, I googled "random number generator," punched in 3 as my upper limit, and got 2 for you. So your song is "She Moved Through the Fair." (Paging Pandora, who will be able to hook you up with lyrics, videos, etc.)

Enjoy! :)

EDIT: And now you're added to the list too.

Ceillean likes this.
  11. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Is there still one left? I feel like doing one. May I?

12. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    This is actually one of my favorite songs. I used to listen to it over and over again when I was younger. :)

13. Pandora

Apr 13, 2005
    Ceillean: Since you're already familiar with the song, this may not be necessary, but I'll link to the videos here in case you're interested in seeing which versions I chose.

---

AzureAngel2: Is there still one left? I feel like doing one. May I?

You may. There are only two songs left now, and as a result of the coin toss I did, you have received "I Never Will Marry." The lyrics and videos are here.

This means that "As I Roved Out/Night Visit" is now the last song left. However, we have previously mentioned the possibility of adding some more songs, so that may yet change. Watch the skies, and watch this thread.

14. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    AzureAngel2 likes this.
  15. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Wait, I thought earlybird-obi-wan just got "As I Roved Out?" Back up in post #133?

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  16. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Wait, is "As I Roved Out" on there twice? earlybird-obi-wan just got that one, I thought...

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  17. Pandora

Apr 13, 2005
    There are two songs with that title--confusing, I know, but they are otherwise quite different songs. I have differentiated them as much as possible by referring to the one as "As I Roved Out/Night Visit" while the other is just "As I Roved Out.".

AzureAngel2 and Findswoman like this.
  18. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Hey nonny, nonny!

Is there also a change to re-post my 1st contribution to the challenge, when I want to write that one on? I pressed it into the vignette collection of my OC Nagina, but since so many other wonderful users wrote their fanfics on, I got inspired.

Findswoman likes this.
  19. Pandora

Apr 13, 2005
    --This weather is bonny
    The flowers are all in bloom
    Let us be gay as we go on our way
    Singing "Ta-ra, ta-ra-ra-ta-boom."

(Yes, the "hey, nonny, nonny" dredged up this bit of song by William Steig's character Roland the Minstrel Pig.)

AzureAngel2: Is there also a change to re-post my 1st contribution to the challenge, when I want to write that one on? I pressed it into the vignette collection of my OC Nagina, but since so many other wonderful users wrote their fanfics on, I got inspired.

Yes, you can re-post your story in a new thread--it is the best way I can think of if you want to continue it, and I believe that this sort of thing has been done before. I would only suggest, if you haven't thought of this already, that you leave a note in the old post linking to the new thread. Once you've done that, just let us know what the new link is.

20. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Pandora: Thanks for the valuable advice! I will stick to it.

Findswoman likes this.
  21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Family
    for the song

As I Roved Out

Findswoman likes this.
  22. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    OK, the index in post 2 is at last now updated with AzureAngel2 's "reloaded" version of "Down in the willow garden" and earlybird-obi-wan 's "Family." Sorry it's taken me so long—if anything is missing or needs revision, just let me know. :)

And now there's exactly ONE SONG LEFT to be claimed (you'll see which one in the index). Anyone? Anyone? :p

23. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I am just about to make my second post of song 2, because earlybird-obi-wan was happy about the appearance of an Corellian (= Crix Madine) in another fanfic thread of mine (actually the Disney challenge).

So for now, having been extremely busy with two Celtic songs and the Disney quote fic, I fear that I must decline.

But thanks for asking!

*polishes her Irish Gaelic that she learned in a Dublin household about 21 years ago (actually from a daughter of one of the founders of the Gaelic League)

Níor mhaith, go raibh maith agat.

Findswoman likes this.
  24. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Findswoman likes this.
  25. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    I will take the last song if it is alright to do more than one.

Findswoman and AzureAngel2 like this.