main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC Have a random question? Ask in here. Newbies-Please read before posting!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Bazinga'd , Nov 10, 2014.

1. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    He dabbled in the dark side - but not quite as deeply. He fell in love - but not with Ventress.

Hunt for Ziro (Season 3, episode 9).

FlashDriver, Zenwalker and Tanjint like this.
  2. Snax Rebo

Snax Rebo Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2017
    Season 3, episode 9- "The Hunt for Ziro"

Pretty forgettable episode, but Quinlan and Obi-Wan track down Cad Bane.

Zenwalker and Tanjint like this.
  3. Tanjint

Tanjint Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 21, 2015
    Iron_lord Snax Rebo thanks! Gonna rewatch that one since I've been enjoying him in the Dark Disciple audiobook!

-T

Zenwalker and Snax Rebo like this.
  4. Zenwalker

Zenwalker Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    What is wild space? Is it simply regions outside the known galaxy?

Tanjint likes this.
  5. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In the EU, it is generally areas which are better known than the Unknown Regions, but not quite as well known as the main explored parts of the galaxy.

In the newcanon it tends to be the reverse - with the Unknown Regions being "mapped but unexplored" and Wild Space being unmapped, but sometimes in the process of being mapped:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Wild_Space

It tends to be on the very edge of the galaxy. Notable Wild Space areas - Teth from the TCW movie, Mortis, Lira San from Rebels, etc.

FlashDriver, Zenwalker and Tanjint like this.
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Who? And what episode?

7. Snax Rebo

Snax Rebo Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2017
    Season 2, Ep14- "Legends of the Lasat". It's the planet where Zeb took the two Lasat refugees after discovering the map. We didn't get to see it, but it's the new Lasat homeworld.

Iron_lord and Zenwalker like this.
  8. Tanjint

Dec 21, 2015
    Do we have any record, Legends or otherwise, of Vader trying to learn more about Plagueis' power that Palpatine told him about in Episode III after the events of Episode III?

What do you guys think of the idea of the Sithari and do any of you consider Darth Bane, Sidious, Anakin/Vader or even Plagueis the Sithari?

Thanks!

-T

9. slimybug

slimybug Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2001
    I've been wondering for a while where we get a lot of our information on certain aspects of Star Wars? You know how we know the name of every character and every ship? What's up with that?

I know that nowadays you can find it all in Star Wars Encyclopedias and whatnot, but how did it all start? How did fans before that know that the ship we see in the beginning of the first movie is Tantive IV, etc.? (I've checked in the novelization, it's not there). Or that Han Solo was a Corellian, or his past of being kicked out of the Imperial flight academy, which seems to be public knowledge?

Let's talk about this!

EDIT: This article talks about how the RPG gave us some knowledge, like the Ithorians, but I'm still curious about everything else!

http://www.glixel.com/news/how-a-dd-style-rpg-brought-star-wars-back-from-the-dead-w457301

Tanjint likes this.
  10. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    slimybug

I merged your thread with our Official questions thread. Anyway, they probably learned that in books and comics.

11. slimybug

slimybug Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2001
    I should mention that I've read all the books and comics from that era, and they're not in there.

12. Tanjint

Dec 21, 2015
    Noticed you guys calling the Inquistors "seventh brother" and "sixth sister" and stuff like that? That just from reading stuff that's not in other stories (like wookiepedia, Filoni interviews??) or did I miss an explanation of this nomenclature in an actual episode or more of Rebels?

Thanks!

-T

13. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    They don't have names, instead they have numbers. They also actually aren't taught like Sith Apprentices, but are restricted in their knowledge and only taught to a point. Season 2 of Rebels has more Inquisitor stuff amd the new Vader comic...

Will have them as well apparently.

Tanjint likes this.
  14. Tanjint

Dec 21, 2015

Just finished Rebels season 2, didn't hear the brother/sister stuff explicitly but maybe I missed it?

Which new Vader comic? The Gillen? That addressed non-Vader apprentices/muscle for the Palpatine but I didn't get the impression that they were Inquisitors unless that is the implied origin of characters Vader fights in that story like Karbin?

Thanks!

-T

15. Mandalore Rising

Mandalore Rising Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 5, 2017
    Is Dooku being the one that erased Kamino from the Jedi archives still considered canon?

Tanjint likes this.
  16. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    If they don't want to contradict the movies, yes.

Tanjint likes this.
  17. J7Luke

J7Luke Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 30, 2017
    Bardan_Jusik Sinrebirth TheSilentInfluence

I was thinking of starting a thread titled: "Who Is Your Favorite Singer/Band?" Would this board be a good place for it? Thanks! :)

(I looked for one and couldn't find it, but if there is one already, let me know.)

Tanjint likes this.
  18. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    The Community forum would probably be the best area for such a thread, but ask the mods there first before posting.

19. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Tanjint and J7Luke like this.
  20. J7Luke

J7Luke Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 30, 2017
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh! I didn't know there were two "Community" boards. I thought this was the only one. I will go check there. Thanks guys! :)

(I feel kinda dumb now, lol.)

Tanjint likes this.
  21. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    There are actually at least three. The Star Wars Community (where you are), the Expanded Universe Community (which is like the Star Wars Community but with an emphasis on Expanded Universe and Legends material) and Community, which is a hive of scum and villainy where all things non Star Wars are discussed. :p

Tanjint, Bazinga'd and J7Luke like this.
  22. Mandalore Rising

Jan 5, 2017
    In the films, it's never explained as being Dooku. He did recruit Jango to be the template, but it's never stated he was the one to delete it from the archives. Someone could make the case that Syfo-Dias was the one to delete it (on film knowledge only) However in Labyrinth of Evil, it states it was Dooku. That's why I was asking if this is still canon or not.

Tanjint likes this.
  23. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    No, it's heavily implied. That's what the scene when he reunites with Sidious is for. To establish that he and the Sith were behind it all. He was Tyranus and an ex-Jedi. The link between the one who recruited the clone template and the one who had access to the Jedi Archives. The one who knew the identity of a dead Jedi that he could use to place the order. It all points to Dooku.

24. Mandalore Rising

Jan 5, 2017
    I'm with you 100%. I don't know how I steered this from "Is Dooku canon for erasing the archives?" To "prove to me that it was him" but somehow that's what happened. I was also just pointing out it never said so in the films. That doesn't mean it wasn't him of course. In the clone wars episode that makes it Syo-Dias and Dooku had similar feelings and it's mentioned that Syo-Dias could have placed the order of clones "for the republic".

25. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    The Clone Wars establishes that Sifo-Dyas foresaw a coming war and that the Republic would need to protect itself. That's the perfect alias for Dooku because it would decrease the amount of suspicion that said Jedi could have actually been the one who ordered the clones. But it was Dooku, both as Sifo-Dyas and as Tyranus, that did it all.