main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Freemaker Adventures - Season 2

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Taalcon, Jun 21, 2016.

1. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    No. The idea is that Freemaker Adventures is canonish. That is, the show itself is not canon but something similar may have happened, etc. It's not that dissimilar from the way they're treating Star Wars Uprising -- except that whole Anoat Sector mess has actually been directly mentioned a few times.

I wouldn't be surprised if we hear of the Freemakers in another medium soon enough.

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, it's not set in stone but it gives a indication of things.

For example, in that video Leland specified that Hondo showing up between ESB & ROTJ indicates that the character is still alive during that era in canon (and it's why you won't see much in the way of Rebels cameos since they wouldn't want to spoil anyone's fates).

Likewise, something like the Kybersaber probably existed in canon (or, at least it's backstory) but it's actual power wouldn't have been so over the top.

And the Freemakers themselves might appear/exist in canon in some form but that remains to be seen.

BigAl6ft6, Revanfan1 and Cheerios4u98 like this.
  3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    We can probably also use it as a reliable indicator of what Empire Day celebrations would look like in canon -- I just wish that we had the McQuarrie palace dangit.

(I'll never let that go)

4. Cheerios4u98

Cheerios4u98 Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 4, 2015
    Thanks guys, that's pretty much what I was thinking. I'd like to think that some less-silly version of these events from the show may have actually happened in the canon timeline.

5. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    any news on there being more of them?

6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Going by that video, which would have only have happened over the past week, Leland says that there hasn't been any official talk on Season 2 yet.

7. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    LOL. Isn't SWTOR just the last remnant of Legends canon? It'll be swept away in a decade or two, I'm sure. [face_laugh]

Been obsessively pulling together a LEGO Star Wars timeline together. Oddly consistent things in the LEGO canon:

-Resurrected Maul seems to have been affiliated with Dooku and Sidious from at least the beginning of the Clone Wars. His takeover of Mandalore occurred before Anakin was knighted.

-Nahdar Vebb shows up to be openly mocked several times in different sources before dying a horribly graphic cartoon death in the Clone Wars video game.

-There would be weirdly intricate tie-ins between the cartoons, the LEGO Magazine comics, and a series of online animated comics that basically consisted of them doing the same sequence of events in each medium but referencing each other in such a way that it actually occurred two or three times as different stories. Bizarre. This happened in Legends a lot, but never intentionally.

-Nevertheless, Season Two of the animated comic is hilarious and everyone should read it. It's Red vs Blue in the LEGO Star Wars universe.

-Holocron-based time travel is a thing.

-Surprising references in various sources: Tag and Bink, Mongo Beefhead, Tython, Gormaanda.

-There's a lot more Jek-14 than I thought.

-The Millennium Falcon is a mobile nightclub owned by Lando's father Lindo.

-The near-constant prequel snark is tiring but occasionally funny.

-There seem to be two distinct continuities: the Quest for R2-D2/Kamino Code/Holocron storylines and the Padawan Menace/Yoda Chronicles/Freemaker Adventures one we're currently getting. I haven't been able to determine if there's a direct link between the two yet.

TC

8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    The mobile nightclub Falcon gag may be one of my favourites jokes in the entire SW-Lego-verse. "May the funk be with you!"

TalonCard likes this.
  9. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    Season 2 trailer is here! Can't wait!

10. DoubleSith

DoubleSith Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 5, 2002
    So, Hera survives until at least past the Battle of Hoth :D

Noash_Retrac likes this.
  11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Is that a V-38? :D

Iron_lord likes this.
  12. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

Literally my first thought.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  13. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    My immediate reaction was "is that a TIE Phantom?" Close enough.

14. DoubleSith

Feb 5, 2002
    Heh, turns out the "General Syndulla" line in Rogue One came about because she was already set to appear on this show.

https://twitter.com/HolocronKeeper/status/848999610081136640[/QUOTE]

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  15. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    The fact that there's an actual trailer is awesome.

16. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    [/quote]

Isn't that some sort of joke, though? I don't see what the fact Hera appears in a whimsical series in which characters frequently acknowledge they're Legos has to do with Rogue One.

17. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Freemaker Adventures isn't canon. It's for funsies. Like it should be.

Good to see it getting another season.

18. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    So the arrowhead name is being reused, but in a different context. Neat.

19. DoubleSith

Feb 5, 2002
    Well, to quote yourself:

;)

Leeland has refereed to the show as "canon-adjacent". And he specifically stated that Hondo's appearance in the first season did mean that Hondo was still canonically alive in that timeframe. This is all in the video of the panel posted earlier in the thread.

I don't know why the same logic wouldn't apply to Hera, and his tweet above seems to indicate that.

20. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    So should I look forward to Billy D making an appearance as Lando's dad Lindo in the Han Solo movie? ;)

BigAl6ft6 and TalonCard like this.
  21. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Fair enough. I just would caution against generally drawing too many conclusions from characters that appear in the show, because of that general caveat. Mostly because I continue to think it's healthiest to treat the show as funsies even though yes, sure, "canon-adjacent" or my 'canonish' describes it.

DoubleSith likes this.
  22. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    I'm hoping for Lingraando Calrissian, just to canonize all the previous names. [face_laugh]

TC

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  23. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    apparently shorts are starting in May so I would assume the show would start up proper in June. It's actually a great summer Star Wars show and kind of helps fill the (rather longish) gaps in between Rebels. I'm stoked it's getting a Season 2 although I do like how the Lego Star Wars series has jumped around the timeline in general.

24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    They screened the first episode of the season at Celebration. Very promising start- the focus seems to be on Rowan finding his purpose now that they're with the Alliance (while Palpatine's new droid hunts down Rowan), as well as a new ancient (Old Republic-era) ship powered by a kyber crystal that functions as a bladed ramming weapon.

And the new droid villain, MOC, gets a delicious burn in towards a jealous Vader as well, heh heh.

The coolest part, I thought, was that Doug Chiang and Ryan Church designed the characters and ships for the show in a realistic style first so that LEGO could do their normal process of adapting realistic elements into Minifig designs and such.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That Fighter for MOC did take design inspiration at least partially from the V-38 TIE Phantom as well.

The show will also be going to an auction house on run by Graballa and a crystal planet (looks like Ilum).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And another few shots of Hera, Quarrie, Mon Mothma, Chopper and Roger w/Chewbacca's medal:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. bdh1138

bdh1138 Jedi Master star 2

Feb 24, 2015
    [face_love] Swooning over a Lego character... I don't know how to feel about this development. lol

Anyway, I love seeing all of the realistic concept art here.The arrowhead is a pretty sweet ship design. I'd be happy to see it in an Old Republic era comic or something. I hope we get to see more of these someday, like for Naare and the Rancor's Fist.

MercenaryAce likes this.