main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Domhnall Gleeson (General Hux) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    It's so quiet about him, I almost forgot that there might be someone named Hux in episode 8

Mostly Handless and cerealbox like this.
  2. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I guess zero Hux are given.

3. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    i would love to see hux and his cat. bonus if snoke likes cats (though i'm sure he doesn't and i'm not sure hux could trust snoke around his cat, so the scene in which hux's cat rubs against snoke's legs or the side of his throne in the golden room probably can't happen because he'd kill it).

4. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Soo....Hux was in the image released today too. :p

Anyway, I think it's interesting that he's grown out his sideburns. Back before TFA came out, there were rumors that Gleeson's character (unnamed at the time) had long sideburns. That obviously didn't pan out for TFA...but he suddenly has them in TLJ.

B99 likes this.
  5. BlurryUFOs

BlurryUFOs Jedi Master star 3

Sep 24, 2016
    God I love the sideburns. And I hope gleeson brings the same demeanor and enthusiasm in TLJ. Hux was very enjoyable for me in TFA, I'd like if he made it to IX, he provides a good counter to Kylo's mystic bs

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Revanfan1 likes this.
  6. Master of None

Master of None Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2016
    He scared me more than Kylo

Revanfan1 likes this.
  7. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Seriously, people complained that Hux was over-the-top in his speech scene, but man, if that scene wasn't scary because it was realistic for someone like Hux to be that...enraptured? He's a very real villain and that's terrifying.

8. Master of None

Jun 14, 2016
    Agreed. He actually enjoyed taking out a whole system, couldn't wait to do it again

9. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    Yup. He was having sort of like a religious experience up there in that moment.

ZY-Fighter likes this.
  10. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I think he needed more Dapper Dan for his hair in that Vanity Fair cover...

11. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    He appears to look older here than he did in TFA. I didn't hear any of it at the time, but according to an episode of Scavenger's Hoard podcast I was listening to recently, there were some complaints after TFA that Hux didn't look old enough to be a general. I wonder it that was a factor in his VIII hair and makeup?
    [​IMG]

ZY-Fighter and DaddlerTheDalek like this.
  12. Master of None

Jun 14, 2016
    Being evil wears a person out!
    They all look exhausted :)

oncafar and Mostly Handless like this.
  13. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    He's suppose to be 4 years older than Kylo. And 2 years older than Poe.

He really isn't look it in TFA, but he does now.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  14. MrElculver2424

MrElculver2424 Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2014
    Hux is pretty cool...he's actually a very competent general for being young compared to most Imperial leaders.

I mean think about it...he succeeded in almost everything in TFA. Sure, he didn't capture BB-8, but that was totally Kylo Ren's fault. Had Ren not ordered to pull the division out, it's possible the First Order may have gotten BB-8 on Takodana.

Hux prepared Starkiller, Snoke ordered him to destroy the Hosnian System, and he did.

I guess you could say he is ultimately responsible for Starkiller Base and the Resistance was able to lower the shields and destroy it, but that really had more to do with Kylo Ren's decisions too.

Going into TLJ I'm thinking Snoke is going to be satisfied with Hux's work and unhappy with Kylo Ren's work.

oncafar and Rhyoth like this.
  15. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Let's talk about Hux's sideburns.

Are they confirmation of a time-jump within TLJ? How can he grow sideburns overnight when TLJ pics up right where TFA left off. There must be a time jump.

16. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    There were three days at least between destroying Starkiller and Rey leaving for AhCh-To.

17. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014

Still doesn't make sense that he grows perfectly manicured sideburns in three days. SK blows up and his first thought is "gotta get some facial hair fast"...Seems weird if there's not like a montage for training or a time jump of at least a few weeks somewhere in the film.

18. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    If I already have sideburns (which he did in TFA) and I'm simply expanding them, I can grow them to pretty much that length/size in about 10 days. So I agree, it's not immediate, but then there could be a time jump in the film of a week or two after the opening sequence. Unless they jump around (which I hope they don't-I've always enjoyed SW's rather linear and straightforward timeline in the episodes).

19. Rhyoth

Rhyoth Jedi Master star 3

Dec 20, 2015
    Couldn't agree more :
    _ Hux destroyed five major Star systems, and brought the Republic to its knees.
    _ Kylo bought back a girl when told to capture a droid. (which he couldn't even get intel from, or simply keep prisonner)

And let's not forget Hux is the one who recovered Kylo's sorry *ss lying in the snow...

However, i wouldn't be surprised to see Snoke give Ren preferential treatment : he seems to be his favorite.

oncafar and MrElculver2424 like this.
  20. nonesuch

nonesuch Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2015
    I love how hateable Hux looks in the Vanity Fair image. It's perfect.

GregMcP, ZY-Fighter and Darth Smurf like this.
  21. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    What sort of leverage will he have in the film without Starkiller.

He's not even an Admiral, so he isn't in charge of any super Star destroyers

22. MrElculver2424

May 11, 2014
    "Kylo brought back a girl when told to capture a droid (which he couldn't even get intel from or keep prisoner)." LOL I laughed. Such incompetence.

23. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    Back in 2015 some people thought an orange-haired leader ranting about conspiracy theories so as to incite his fanatical followers didn't seem realistic.

Those people were wrong.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  24. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Both he and Kylo have been roughened, if that makes sense. They're being stripped of whatever civilised image they might have had.

25. MrElculver2424

May 11, 2014
    The Vanity Fair image is just an image of how he will probably look through most of the movie. In other words, there will for sure be time jumps...small time jumps, like a few days/weeks etc...throughout TLJ. The magazine image isn't necessarily how he looks at the second TLJ begins.