main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Battlefront II: Campaign Content (spoiler tags required for DLC story)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Taalcon, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    Interesting tease on http://battlefront2.com :
    [​IMG]
    Combined with the (early?) trailer:

In addition to a fun sandbox for the familar onscreen OT battles, in the first Battlefront of the New Generation, we also got a sandbox to explore (for the first time) the Battle of Jakku, and the Seige that occured on Sullust.

It looks like in addition to sandboxing additional fun scenarios (from all eras), for Battlefront II there is going to be post-ROTJ narrative campaign content. Look forward to seeing what we add here, and holding a prayer-circle for an in-game appearance of RAE SLOANE.

(That symbol appears to be on that Imperial pilot's gear from the trailer)

2. Valryk

Valryk Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 27, 2016
    I expect the character will be part of Sloane's forces who will send the troops on specific tasks.

3. Ewoklord

Ewoklord Jedi Master star 2

Feb 15, 2014
    Think we might be playing Inferno Squad, from the new novel?

BobaMatt likes this.
  4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Inferno Squad after Endor? Could be fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

It's interesting how Battlefront 1 had a book that could have been the campaign for the rebels now Battlefront II has a campaign for the Empire.

6. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Could that logo maybe be an early First Order logo? At the time of TFA they have a Empire style logo but maybe they had that logo before they started using Stormtroopers and were using mercenaries like the Amaxine Warriors in Bloodline.

Kev-Mas_Colcha likes this.
  7. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    So incredibly hype for this.

8. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    They actually listened to the criticism! Hopefully this will be a proper modern Battlefront game that encompasses the entire Star Wars saga, and takes the opportunity to be a canon product and does some cool stuff with it. Excited, but still skeptical.

9. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Is there still time to cast Gina Torres as Rae Sloane, or...?

Kylun likes this.
  10. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    That logo looks like someone upside down and slanting their hand, sticking the middle finger up. That looks like a kinda flight logo , I think the one on the Tie Pilot in the poster.

11. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    Wasn't the early First Order trying to keep itself secret? Logos aren't exactly conductive to secrecy (though I guess that didn't stop the Rebels from painting starbirds everywhere). I think its more likely its a logo for a specific imperial squadron or unit that travels around in the Raider.

12. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    It's the Order of the Canted Circle!

13. JediBatman

May 3, 2015
    I can't be sure, but I think the logo appears on the helmet of the TIE pilot from the cover.

[​IMG]

14. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    I noted that at the end of the OP.

JediBatman likes this.
  15. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    It's probably the symbol of Inferno Squad, if that book is directly tying into the game. And I like the implication that to Imperial grunts, Endor was the moment the insurgent Rebellion actually became an enemy military, with the following battles being bitter fought and huge confrontations, the kids fo situation where a Raider might find itself fulfilling more frontline operations out of necessity.

This game has an opportunity to fill in a lot of story stuff in a section of the GCW. It seems likely we'll see Sloane, possibly Rax, but might we also see Grand General Lorring? Maybe Inferno Squad gets split between the two?

16. ManWithoutAStar

ManWithoutAStar Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2017
    Fingers crossed for the Inferno Squad under Sloane's command!

17. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    Remember Sloane was in the navy and on a starfighter during the battle of endor. - from the levers of power short story I think.
    As long as that is remembered by the developers we could be seeing everyone's favourite imperial !

18. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Sloane was on a capital ship in that story (Admiral - next surviving admiral in rank after Piett)- it was Ciena Ree that was on a starfighter (TIE Interceptor) - in Lost Stars.

19. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    The group shown in the trailer can't be Inferno Squad. The characters are clearly naval pilots. "Squad" is an army term. The proper term for a navy unit would be "Squadron". The group isn't called "Inferno Squadron". Could EA merely ignore proper military terminology? Sure. But, as far as the current rules work, Naval Pilots couldn't be in a squad.

20. JediBatman

May 3, 2015
    Star Wars has played fast and loose with military terminology before, plus it's always had "squadrons" of fighters. In the PSP game "Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron" you played as a member of the titular squadron and often switched from ground to space in the campaign.

That said, I personally don't think "Inferno Squad" is related to the game. For one thing, the book was announced before the game, when usually its the other way around. Before we even had a name for Twilight Company it was promoted as "the new novel based on the video game" https://www.instagram.com/p/1lhGfTrU9v/

For another, the little info we have about Inferno Squad indicates it will be about fighting the remnants of Saw Gerrara's Partisans, while the game promo implies the campaign will focus the post-Endor period. (Though admittedly the "all eras" bit could apply to the campaign.)

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  21. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    That would be too cool! Playing throughout the entire war, from the Empire's prospective. On a side note, I think it would be cool if you played a captain in the 181st. It wouldn't hurt to recanonize them. The 181st fought through the whole war, anyway.

JediBatman likes this.
  22. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015
    Is it a coincidence that is coming out roughly when this game is going to be released? [face_whistling]

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  23. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    From the official description of the book: "In response to this stunning defeat, the Imperial Navy has authorized the formation of an elite team of soldiers, known as Inferno Squad."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MandaloreRex2015 and Taalcon like this.
  24. JediBatman

May 3, 2015
    Alright, given what Karl0413 and Daneira said I'm now more open to the idea that Inferno Squadron may be related to the game, but if so it's still weird that they announced the tie in before announcing the thing the tie in was meant to promote.

Revanfan1 and SpecForce Trooper like this.
  25. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I'm hoping we get the battle of Jakkuu in the campaign along with a couple of Easter Eggs to Empire's End

[Mission starts with female hero being briefed]
    Orders have just come in from Admiral Rax, New Republic ships have broken through our blockade, Admiral Rax is ordering all forces to defend the observatory!