main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Official Star Wars: Forces of Destiny Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Diego Lucas, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 12, 2015
    Dagobahsystem likes this.
  2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  3. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 12, 2015
  4. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    Looking forward to this. Hopefully the 2D animation is top notch.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  5. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    Kinda a bummer they'll only be 3 minutes but still interesting concept. I like that they're not limited by any one particular era or set of characters.

6. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Micro-series worked well enough with that runtime, and this series isn't by the guy who loves going as long as he can without dialogue, so I'm sure they'll cram a good amount of stuff into each short. :p

7. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    This is going to be awesome! And it's canon, which is cool. Although I'm kinda disappointed they somewhat spoiled the fate of Hera, since she is alive during ROTJ. Was thinking maybe she didn't make it out of Scarif alive. But I'm super excited they got Felicity back for Jyn! Jon's one of my favorite characters, and to see more of her is a good thing!

Loth-cat and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  8. zam wesell2005

zam wesell2005 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 23, 2015
    I want one on Asajj.

9. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Also gotta appreciate the fact that when it starts airing on TV it'll be on the actual Disney Channel. Possibly a good sign if there's another full-length show coming as well.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  10. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    So one short is gonna be Jyn and Cassian escaping Scarif right?

11. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    Hera and Leia team up????????? This is almost all I've ever wanted!!!! So excited for this series and I hope they try to tell more of Ahsoka's story from the Clone Wars in this!!

12. General_Leia_Organa

General_Leia_Organa Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 23, 2016
    I'm super excited about this. Not just for my own nerdom, but for the little ones who might discover star wars through this series. I really hope it does well, going through the Disney channel might ensure that.

I also hope they'll do more stories next year considering we're getting a couple more girls in the next 13 months from TLJ and Han Solo.

13. Sandtrooper956

Feb 15, 2015
    I'm super excited for this, but honestly really getting sick of people complaining about how Star Wars had so many female leads. I for one love it. Nearly every comment on that preview is of some male crying about sexism or lack of male leads or something. It's so ridiculously hypocritical and makes me so annoyed. If this was a show focused on the male characters there wouldn't be any of that and that's just so sad to me.....

But oh well right? I'm sure it'll be pretty great and I'll do my best to ignore those people, I'm really looking forward to this and whatever else they plan to reveal at celebration over the next few days!

14. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    You must not read Youtube comments. That leads to the dark side. :ben:

Sudooku, What Girl, Loth-cat and 9 others like this.
  15. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
  16. Darth Droid

Darth Droid Jedi Master star 2

Jul 4, 2013
    This looks amazing. This is an awesome opportunity to get more stories about characters from all across the saga.

17. Sandtrooper956

Feb 15, 2015
    I guess I just like torturing myself. Besides from driving me crazy, it's interesting to see how people could think those things if nothing else. Oh well I guess they'll just have to suffer, which is fine by me :)

CoolyFett and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  18. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Meh.

Would have preferred a short series about a Clone Commando squad. Focus on new characters or the briefly shown Delta Squad of TCW.

But market wise, it does make sense to focus on characters that many fans already know about and are more popular.

podjazd and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  19. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Even if it's only for three minutes, it'll be great to see Sabine star in something without Ezra's supervision. Nice.

20. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    A lot of popular IPs have been doing this, notably Pokemon "Generations". They get millions of views per video for animated shorts.

21. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    Sadly I don't think its focusing on any male characters.

1 would have been good. Why not a short about Luke Skywalker during the OT or post-RoTJ pre-TFA?

Such as seeing him get parts to build his green lightsaber.

Lord Sith Harloxzz likes this.
  22. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Yeah, I didnt want to be that guy, but where are the heroes? Definitely plenty of heroines.

23. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    Star Wars has a male majority when it comes to heroes, so I do see why this show has a strong female emphasize. However one short about a famous man (or 2) would have been a good idea. Picture a short about a pre-TCW Anakin and his relationship with Obiwan. Or getting to see Qui-gon Jinn and a young Obiwan together.

24. Looks very weird I prefer a series like Clone Wars 2D instead of this honestly

vong333 and podjazd like this.
  25. Sandtrooper956

Feb 15, 2015
    Just cause it's focused on the female characters doesn't mean there won't be any male characters.