main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One The Partisans (Saw's Gang) Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Cantina Regular, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Is it still against the rules to refer to the Rebels as terrorists? Because Saw's cell seems very close.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  2. Cantina Regular

Cantina Regular Jedi Knight star 3

May 24, 2016

I think it's an unofficial rule (I saw a similar discussion in another thread here) but yeah I completely agree with your assessment. I've been referring to them as such when I talk about them with friends. With Benthic Two Tubes being my favorite terrorist - which I find to be a funny category label in a dark/satirical way

Darth Basin likes this.
  3. Cantina Regular

May 24, 2016
    I saw the film again the other day and I noticed something peculiar about a background character. In the scene after Chirrut mops the floor with the stormtroopers on Jedha, when the partisans swarm in to capture the protagonists - the rebel standing behind Jyn, training his/her blaster rifle on her as she exclaims that she's the daughter of Galen Erso, appears to have glowing white skin. Maybe it was the lighting or my colorblindness but this soldier's skin was bright white. Not white like caucasian, white like snow - and it appeared to slightly radiate. I thought it was such a cool detail on a character that literally was only on screen for moments.

Perhaps it was an Umbaran or some other type of undisclosed humanoid. Saw's militia is definitely the most diverse band in the galaxy

whostheBossk and Darth Basin like this.
  4. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Is that seriously off limits? I don’t think there’s anything wrong with referring to Saw’s group as terrorists. The film makes it pretty clear that they operate as such. Even the formal Rebel Alliance has distanced themselves from them for this very reason. The greyness apparent in the Alliance and Saw's Partisans was one of the things that elevated RO above the rest in some ways.

5. Cantina Regular

May 24, 2016
    With the reveal of the upcoming Inferno Squadron we get confirmation that some Partisans survived the destruction of Jedha! Even though the story is from the point of view of the Imperials we should get to see some Partisans up close and personal. I really hope we get to see (read) more of Partisans that were shown briefly in the film.

And I really hope Benthic Two Tubes is running the show!

Senpezeco and Darth Basin like this.
  6. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Just give me a Bor Gullet cameo.

7. Robby

Robby Jedi Knight

Nov 17, 2015
    I got a very " Che Guevara " feel from the Partisans. Hell, the very word "partisan" means one-sided more or less. Extremist views, no other opinions will be considered.

8. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Yeah. Not to mention that Gerrera is essentially "guerrero," which means warrior in Spanish. And, of course, Gerrera is not so far from Guevara. This one's pretty on the nose, really (not in a bad way).

vncredleader likes this.
  9. Moroff

Moroff Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2017
    All of the Partisans survived except Saw Gerrera. They escaped in the black and white X-wings.

10. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    They only had three of those that cold fly at one time. They would have needed a larger transport.

Avnar likes this.
  11. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    We never saw a body! Saw is still alive!

12. moreorless12

moreorless12 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2016
    Watching the BR for the first time one thing that does stand out again for me is how well Saw's hideout captures the atmosphere of locations like the Cantina in the OT compared to Maz's bar that simply lacked the same sense of exotic menace to it.

avcpl, Cantina Regular and Avnar like this.
  13. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Is that a rule?? I must admit I hate the term... That being said - The Tank Driver in RO actually says "Hit the Terrorist" when he points up to the building that one of Saws rebels is up on ! I had the subtitles on because I wanted to know what was being said during the Jedha scene where the tank rolls through town. "Citizens of the Empire..." etc etc

In the film i thought he said "Hit the terrace" :cool:

Cantina Regular and vncredleader like this.
  14. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    I thought the same thing.

15. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    He does indeed say hit the terrace. Which makes sense, as they then shoot the terrace.

"Hit the terrorist" would be a pretty dumb line. Not least because there were a number of Saw's partisans running around.

16. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    He is right. The subtitle says terrorist. He does point to the area so it is not that dumb. I slowed it down as well to be sure and he does say terrorist. I prefer terrace honestly.

Siphonophore and Gigoran Monk like this.
  17. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    I honestly think the subtitler may have gotten it wrong as it sounds exactly like "terrace" to me.

Siphonophore and Avnar like this.
  18. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    Slowed it to .75 speed on the computer and there is a "T" at the end. Took two times to catch it so maybe I am just losing it. [face_worried]

Gigoran Monk likes this.
  19. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    vncredleader

Although the subtitles does indeed say "Hit the terrorist" I am with Gigoran Monk on this... Surely the Tank driver says terrace and it is just a mistake in the subtitles! Surely! :cool: If you look up "Terrace" on the internet you will see hundreds of buildings exactly like the one they hit.

vncredleader and Siphonophore like this.
  20. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    Yeah I know what a terrace is and that's why I thought terrace at first but there is a "T" at the end I swear. I will ask pablo. I am sure he will LOVE explaining this minor of a thing. :p

Gigoran Monk likes this.
  21. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Each time I watched it in the theater, I thought he was saying "Hit the terrace", since the cannons point to the terrace, then fire at the terrace. Playing it last week, I still thought the line was "Hit the terrace." After listening closely, I'm reluctantly inclined to say he's not saying terrace.
    Subtitles for the different language options are all showing their translations of 'terrorist', and the French and Spanish audio tracks are using their words for 'terrorist' as well. That's just silly. "Hit the terrace" is so much better. That's what it will be in my head. Maybe the subtitle folks, as well as the French and Spanish audio folks used the wrong word, instead of terrace. Is the command in the RO novel?

Has anyone experienced the Ric Olié version of Rogue One yet? I played this Jedha chapter with the English 2.0 Descriptive Audio track, and it's quite entertaining. One of these days I'll close my eyes and just listen to this track while the film plays. Ric calls them insurgents, not terrorists.

vncredleader likes this.
  22. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    I heard terrace first and prefer it but I am fine with terrorist the more I thought about it cause he is an Imp and it is cool that he regards them as being terrorists.

23. Darth__Lobot

Darth__Lobot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 29, 2015

LIES!!!!!............................... DECEPTION!!!!!!

Cantina Regular and vncredleader like this.
  24. Cantina Regular

May 24, 2016
    Apparently the Inferno Squadron of elite stormtroopers are the main characters of EA's Star War Battlefront 2. Since they are also in an upcoming book where they infiltrate the Partisans I am hopeful we will get Jedha as a map/campaign destination where we can actually play as Partisans.

Oh! And Saw Gerrera is returning for Rebels Season 4. Hopefully this time he'll have some of his troops with him.

25. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    The SWCO Rebels Season 4 panel shared a pic of Saw and Edrio Two Tubes in a U-wing! :D

[​IMG]