main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC Have a random question? Ask in here. Newbies-Please read before posting!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Bazinga'd , Nov 10, 2014.

1. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Databank established that Sifo Dyas himself was involved at least at the beginning - ordering the clones:

http://www.starwars.com/databank/sifo-dyas

Dooku did a lot - but not all.

Emperor Ferus and FlashDriver like this.
  2. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    That's not what the episode tells us or implies.

3. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    That's what they appear to have decided on - that Dooku replaced Sifo-Dyas and masqueraded as him, after that initial contact, regardless of what Silman thinks or the episode as a whole implies.

FlashDriver likes this.
  4. mihaitzateo

mihaitzateo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 5, 2015
    Hello

Anyone with moderation skills would like to start a Chirrut Îmwe fan club?

5. jedi_knight Swagmaster

jedi_knight Swagmaster Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2017
    THAT'S NOT TRUE, THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE[face_laugh]

6. Tanjint

Tanjint Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 21, 2015
    I always thought TIE Interceptors were invented post episode 4 since we don't see them in episode 4 but this Rebels episode from season 3 that I am watching was talking about them- anyone have an in-universe idea/explanation for why we saw no interceptors in Episode IV? or am I mistaken?

-T

7. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I don't watch Rebels, but just because we didn't see something in Episode IV, doesn't mean it didn't exist at the time of those events. We don't see snowtroopers in Episode IV either. Does it mean (in-universe) they didn't exist? No. It means we simply didn't see them and the story didn't call for them.

Tanjint likes this.
  8. Tanjint

Dec 21, 2015

Totally agree which is why I was wondering if anyone had any theories. Always fun to see how fellow enthusiasts make in-universe sense of it.

Difference between situation I'm describing and snowtroopers is necessity. There was no need for snowtroopers in episode IV because there was no snow planet. There was however a massive space battle during which the fate of the galaxy was in the balance. If the empire deems the Ghost team worthy of siccing a TIE interceptor on, hard for me to accept that they saw no need for interceptors at the Battle of Yavin without some kind of explanation.

- T

9. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Do you believe the Death Star only had the handful of TIE fighters we saw in the battle?

Tanjint likes this.
  10. Tanjint

Dec 21, 2015

It seemed like it was a lot of TIE fighters?

A buddy of mine is saying he doesn't think DS1 was fully staffed so there were likely empty hangars or just lots of unmanned fighters.

My theory I literally thought of in the last couple minutes is that we're seeing prototype units in Rebels so it's a big deal when we see a larger group in original trilogy sequels.

-T

11. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I didn't see that many. There were definitely no more than 20 or 30, which were the amount of Rebel fighters. And they weren't able to take them all out. One could argue that there was a necessity for more. And considering the size of the Death Star, there were probably more.

Tanjint likes this.
  12. Tanjint

Dec 21, 2015

yeah that's what the homie was saying, that the death star being newly completed, it probably wasn't full of its complete staff yet.

-T

13. Obi-wan KeNOObi

Obi-wan KeNOObi Jedi Knight

Apr 25, 2017
    Is there any short stories or books about Kenobi's exile on Tatooine?

Tanjint likes this.
  14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Kenobi by John Jackson Miller takes place between the events of RoTS and ANH. It came out in 2013. You should be able to find it in pb on sites such as Amazon. Our Literature forum probably has some threads on it.

Edit - the official discussion thread is here. Just a note that there will be spoilers in the thread after the hardcover comes out.

15. Clone Commander Cassius

Clone Commander Cassius Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 31, 2016
    Bardan Edit: This is the Random Question thread, not Random Rant.

/end rant

16. Clone Commander Cassius

Clone Commander Cassius Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 31, 2016
    right you are good sir. I wasn't thinking. That ones on me :(

17. Tanjint

Dec 21, 2015
    Do you think Vader spares Piett at the end of Episode V because he is emotionally preoccupied with having just made contact with Luke?

Thanks!

T

Deliveranze likes this.
  18. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    Why is Governor Pryce just considered a governor and not a Moff? Is it because she only presides over a system and not a sector?

19. Gonk Droid

Gonk Droid Jedi Knight star 1

May 7, 2017
    Does anyone have any idea how the game Dejarik is actually played? What are the rules and what moves are permitted etc. It seems kinda fun.....unless you're playing against a Wookie!

20. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dejarik

21. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    If you Google around you can find fan sites/RPG games that have attempted to make rules for it. But they aren't official sites from Lucasfilm.

22. Tanjint

Dec 21, 2015
    anyone have any idea how close Mos Eisley is to Mos Espa to Skywalker farm etc.?

-T

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Are species like Duros, Pantoran, Chiss and other humanoid looking species usually related to humans in some way or do they not have any real Atkin to the human species?

24. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Watto says that the farm is quite far from Mos Espa, a long way away, on the other side of Mos Eisley. That's about the only geographic info we get. We have no idea exaclty how long it takes Anakin and Padme to get from Mos Espa to the farm, or Luke, Obi-Wan and the droids to get from the farm to Mos Eisley.

Tanjint likes this.
  25. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Do we know why the Lars family was chill with buying a human? Was it always the intent to free them or what? They freed Shmi because Cliegvfell in love with her.

Tanjint likes this.