main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Captain Phasma #1-4 (4/4 Released) [Journey to TLJ]

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Diego Lucas, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Valryk

Valryk Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 27, 2016
    Knowing Marvel this will probably be it.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  2. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    There's a part of me that really would love if the canon kept Phasma as being grossly incompetent as a running thing. This extremely arrogant, cool looking character that's not above stubbing her toe, then raging to her subordinates about it and making them do 50 pushups.

But of course they're not gonna do that.

3. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Easiest way to handle that is for her to reveal they threatened to put her in the trash compactor and did so when she refused to help them shut down the shields.

After all why else would they dump her in there and they're hardly going to be able to confirm what actually happened without interrogating Finn or Chewie since Han's dead after all!

Doesn't sound like she's a female clone trooper, a pity that would explain how she survived and keeps her reputation since only two Rebels actually know otherwise!

Did they reveal anything else about her?

4. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    That would be hilarious actually. Would add another variety to the "cool" characters. Boba went out like a sucker but at least we knew he was competent.

And of course Maul was a beast who didn't get pushed around by anyone.

5. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    Yeah, I feel like they're trying to "force" Phasma as a fan favorite, when it really just doesn't work that way. Boba fett was never meant to be huge, he was a background character that caught on. Phasma, conversely, is being marketed as "the new fan favorite". Just not feeling it

If Phasma was a routinely incompetent, bumbling oaf that made up for it in righteous anger, particularly towards her subordinates though? I'd be on board with that character. I'd like one of those female character centered cartoons about Phasma, but have it be done in the style of Loony Tunes. Phasma can be the mustache twirling villain that is terrible at her job! And always stepping on banana peels

La Calavera, Counter, Landb and 5 others like this.
  6. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Add in ACME toys and the image is complete.

instantdeath likes this.
  7. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    Considering that many of the villains in the NuCanon were devolved into just that, I'd rather have Gwendoline Christie have a character that's worth her time.

8. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
    I know nothing of the writer, but I really like Chechetto, so this has my interest piqued.

iPodwithnomusic likes this.
  9. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    One thing I absolutely couldn't understand was when she obliged them in the request to lower the shields. She's sitting there behind a helmet (presumably with the latest tech communication equipment), in front of a desk connected to who knows what resources. You'd think that even if she didn't want to risk fighting them alone, at least she would have contacted someone... pulled a surprise tactic... delayed them... lied... something...?

I'd like more of an explanation to this than the garbage chute (presumably she climbs out; that's a no-brainer). I'd buy most in-universe explanations (communication tech in her helmet is jammed? She thinks she can blame helping them on someone else? She secretly despises Hux and doesn't care a whit about Starkiller base?). As it is just helping them destroy the base with little resistance besides fist-shaking "you won't get away with this!" after the fact is pretty lame for someone who continually puts herself in the line of fire and should have no fear of death.

Gamiel, Ulicus , La Calavera and 4 others like this.
  10. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010

I bet you that Gwendoline Christie could do great comedy

SWpants likes this.
  11. Landb

Landb Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 7, 2017
    I agree completely. Also, Fett had the benefit of one movie where he was both cool-looking and competent before the movie where he got taken down like a chump. I guarantee that Fett wouldn't have nearly the same following if ROTJ had been his first showing. Phasma is Fett if Fett had been "forced" with ridiculous overhyping and had an even worse showing than he did in ROTJ in his first appearance. Only your idea could make me actually like the character at this point. A shame, because I don't dislike Christie, and a scary shiny Stormtrooper commander could have been cool.

TL;DR- My feelings on Phasma at this point are pretty much this:
    [​IMG]

12. Counter

Counter Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 3, 2017

Spot on. They are definitely trying to make fetch happen here. Hahaha

vncredleader likes this.
  13. Noir Deux

Noir Deux Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 27, 2015
    I think that unintentionally they make Crimson Corsair the new 'Fett' he has a cool look, appears slightly in TFA and has a great one-shot story in the Aliens book, I hope that we get to know more about him or maybe in a comic or book, unlike Phasma.

[​IMG]

14. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I think the magic of characters like Boba Fett, Sidan Ithano, Aayla Secura (?) Is that they were never intended to be super popular action figure sellers. They were just cooling looking characters placed in the background. A Character's popularity is solely down to the fans.

That's what Disney don't get, they pretty much TOLD us to like Phasma after all the marketing except that's not how it works. WE PICK what characters become fan favourites.

Darkslayer likes this.
  15. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Yeah when are we getting more Ithano, anyway?

Noir Deux and SilentGuy66 like this.
  16. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    Lucasfilm if you're listening: We want more of the Crimson Corsair!

IG_2000 likes this.
  17. Valryk

Valryk Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 27, 2016
    Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Webels

TX-20, BigAl6ft6, SilentGuy66 and 2 others like this.
  18. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    Finn: Take down the shields!
    Phasma: I won't
    Finn: Take down the shields!
    Phasma: Never!
    Finn: Leave The Shields Up!
    Phasma: You'd like that wouldn't you Resistence scum!
    (Phasma deactivates the shields)

TX-20 and WMIRTUTSF like this.
  19. Rebel-Jedi

Rebel-Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 26, 2005
  20. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006
    In German unfortunately.

There's a youtube video done by the Urban Acolyte where he explains it a better.

21. tatooinesandworm

tatooinesandworm Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2015
    It's so pretty!

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force

22. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    If you're using something like Google Chrome (and I think other browsers do this too), just right-click to get the drop-down menu where it says "Translate to..." On Jedi-Bibliothek, it works fairly well. Which is good, because that website tends to update more often than most.

23. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006

Many thanks!

24. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Checcheto - you mad bastard, that 4th page is stunning.

25. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    How terrible would it have been for Phasma to survive Finn, Han, and Chewie only to be killed by a reflected blaster bolt from a dropped rifle that discharged accidentally? [face_laugh]

TX-20 and Maythe14thBeWithYou like this.